Rio Hondo College Reviews

Rio hondo is beautiful and big some professors really try to help. They should make parking a lot easier and focus more on trying to help students who really want to study but can't because of money issues .
The classes are relatively small and all the professors are really professional and experts in their field. The school offers a good amount of extra cirriculars that fit the diverse body of students they have.
I have been attending Rio Hondo for about 3 years now and I like how available the professor can be, but some will make themselves less available because they believe that they are working to hard. I believe that the counselors can do their job a lot better because as my 3rd year approached I visited 4 counselors and did not receive as much help as my 4th visit with a counselor. He informed me of why I was in certain classes and what classes I needed. He also helped me enroll in those classes. Counselors usually wanted to just get me out of their office with any classes on my schedule. I do like the classes and teachers at Rio Hondo, but they can significantly improve their faculty and staff. They do have great student awareness.
Start Your Review of Rio Hondo College
Rio hondo college is a great school with great staff member who love doing there job and love helping you. Whatever you need weather it is counselling, the transfer center and many other offices they'll always help you. The professors are fun and they love helping their students whenever they need help. Rio Hondo college is a great school.
I am a returning student for their nursing program and from what I can tell their staff really puts in the effort to make sure students are prepared for licensure
Decent community college. They have a great public safety (fire and police) training program. The campus is somewhat old, but it is still functional. New facilities would be great. The online student portal website is great, it is easy to use and I have had no problems with it.
So far going into my 2nd semester Rio Hondo College has been okay. Majority of the professor I have had really seem to care about the actual education. Some things to complain about is parking, but that is a given at any college campus and also there is not that much around the area food wise. Usually have to go but more in distance for better cuisine.
I like that this college is near by to where I live but it is difficult at times to walk up the hill to arrive to class at the top of the hill. The professors are caring but at times can be unorganized depending on certain circumstances.
It's good campus very friendly, just the parking can improve, its is usually often times really hard to find parking but other than that it's a well school all around.
Rio Hondo College is my second home. As for any full-time student would say in any campus. Everyone here is friendly and the staffs are very helpful. My counselor that I meet with every semester is very understanding and wants her student achieve any goal that they have for themselves. I spend most of my time at the transfer center. Within the transfer center, there are college tours that are available to students. In my first semester, I took advantage of going to the tours every Friday. I have never visit a college campus before. Before I make my decision to transfer to a new school, I need to know what I like and don’t like. I stepped foot in different campuses and realize that I prefer to go to a school that is closer to the beach. Rio Hondo College has great resources from university fairs to transfer workshops.
Rio Hondo College is a two-year community college for those who want to get an associate's degree, a certificate, or plan to transfer to a 4-year college to further their education. There are programs for first generation college students and low-income families. It is really nice that there are people at school that can help you through the process of college as well as the transfer process. One thing that needs to be improved is the parking and the road. Another thing that needs to be improved is the food. Overall, I enjoy attending Rio Hondo College.
i love it here. Go Roadrunners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The campus is great and everyone is just so nice and helpful
So far Rio has helped me out a lot. Everything that I have needed is at hand reach. All of my professors are really nice and help in every way they can.
Rio Hondo college is a great campus, as they've provide good programs and excellent benefits, they paid for my transportation from metro, but I would like to know more. Someone from Rio hondo that can give Moreno information, like they come to you for information.
What I loved about Rio Hondo College is that they offer many online courses, which made it easier for me to continue my education since I got pregnant and had a baby. What I would like to see change at Rio Hondo College is the requirements for day care, I know some colleges accept infants at their day care, but Rio Hondo will only accept kids 2 years old and older who are potty trained. If Rio Hondo were to change that requirement it would be a lot easier for Mothers who want to continue their education and provide a better future for themselves and their child to finish school.
Was a very good community college for a student who is the first in family to attend college. They have a lot of resources for students, if you are low income you can apply for EOP&S they give you more resources and textbook grants.
Rio Hondo is not a large campus. It is on the top of a hill and easy to get to. The only downfall about this college is parking. The parking is horrible. Most parking lots require a small hike to get to class. The campus is nice. Restrooms can use an update. They are typical public restrooms. Classes are good and seats are typical sets. The new remodeled book store is very nice.
Start Your Review of Rio Hondo College
Rio Hondo is a very unique campus that sits upon a hill and also offers easy access to student services and general information. Through my past years at Rio I look back and appreciate the helpful and informative professors who made me a better person over the courses I have taken. Not everyone has to automatically attend a four year college right after high school, and this is where Rio had been a great stepping stone through the first half portion of my degree as I transfer to Cal State this upcoming Fall.
Rio Hondo is a great college if you hope to transfer. Campus is beautiful. Professors are very kind and helpful. Students are provided with numerous amounts of help. Resources are offered to assure your success.
Rio Hondo College is located in Whittier, California. The Campus is situated on a hill with beautiful scenery from all angles. The buildings reside on the top of the hill, with the athletics at the bottom of the hill. Rio Hondo has tons of majors and degree types to choose from, so there is definitely something for everyone. The school is a close-knit environment where the professors and students work together to give everyone a great experience. They're so many opportunities to succeed at Rio Hondo, and they filter into big universities. You absolutely cannot go wrong when choosing Rio Hondo for college!