Ringling College of Art & Design Reviews

Teachers are great, you'll learn a lot. They are having trouble keeping up with dorm space but the new dorms should be finished soon? Food on campus can be a bit questionable, but there are some good places within walking distance. The book store/cafe across the street has some great tea and sandwiches!
The professors are generally good (many are great) and most have mutual feelings about the increasingly terrible school administration, which takes student workspace away to host parties for donors. They invite celebrities... for donors. They tear out buildings, trees, and plants for boring grass lawn... to look good for donors. They put up flashy modern architecture that will be outdated in a few years and it honestly already looks awful now. They host next to no student events and they don't even have a large enough auditorium to host big events... so they don't even bother. It's as if they don't really prioritized students anymore.
Ringling is an amazing art school in Sarasota. While I was visiting, I was able to experience the hands-on attitude of their highly skilled and intuitive professors that not only teach but have a passion for the craft. It was different from the schools that just want to push through the system and out into the world. Ringling seemed to actually prepare their students for the workplace and provide them the opportunities to make connection in the field. There is only a few buildings, making the layout of the campus very easy to navigate. The dorms are well kept and allow space for work, connecting with peers, or just sleeping in between your classes. The weather is phenomenal year round with the exception of a few showers. The beautiful campus lies only miles away from a beautiful beach and sits in the heart of Sarasota with plenty of food and activities to satisfy all walks of life. Overall it was a wonderful experience to visit and see what they were all about.
Start Your Review of Ringling College of Art & Design
I really enjoy the community at Ringling! Everyone one is so helpful and positive. It's one of the best places to learn and grow.
Ringling is such a beautiful and mind opening school. When i walked onto campus i seen how clean and wide open the campus was. So colorful full with the students art work and pieces. i felt right at home. While walking to the next building walking by the students I seen and feel the great positive vibes everyone is sending to each other showing beautiful bright different smiles and yet all mean the same feeling. Happiness. joy. Ready for anything that comes our way. i love knowing i'm going to learn something when i get there, to better myself as a person and better myself as an Artist.
Ringling College stands out as a leader in Art Schools. The professors are all great and the campus is beautiful.
I loved all the things they provide such as equipment, one on one time with students, everything is in walking distance, and a lot more. one thing i would want to change is the location due to it being next to a sketchy area. Other than that I really like the school!
I have only been attending this school for a year so far, but I am very happy with it so far. I've improved tremendously in a short time, and am excited to go back. Although the school is pricey, the resources and facilities are always being updated and improved. Teachers are very knowledgable and will return the effort you put in.
Great professors are very encouraging a helpful in improving student work. On campus housing needs to be increased due to the school accepting more and more student each year. Reslife faculty could use some work on how they handle problems and overall service. The surrounding area of the campus does bring concern to student life, its not settled in the safest neighborhood. Food is decent at the beginning of the year but grows to be lacking in all taste halfway through the year.
Very very expensive. Plus, you can tell which departments the school favors and it kind of sucks when it's not yours.
Ringling College of Art and Design is an excellent school. The campus is neat and safe feeling even though it is an open campus. Having attended their precollege I was able to experience true college life while getting the credit.
My experience at Ringling College of Art and Design was fantastic! I was only there for as a first-year Illustration student, but I left there with more knowledge of drawing than when I went in.

I will say, that it was a tough journey, what with my limitations being pushed, but it was well worth it in the end. I can now see perspectives in a completely new...perspective!

Drawing for Illustrators was a new experience for me, too. I really hated painting, and the entire class was done with Gouache paint. But it helped me see lighting and color differently. I learned how to control the paint a lot better. If given the opportunity, I would like to go back.

My only issue is the cost. It is considered one of the most expensive schools in the country, and they prove that with how much the tuition is. I spent more money on supply refills than anything else.

Other than that, I loved Ringling.
I was at Ringling for a little while. For the time that I was there, it was very nice. The campus was clean and well taken care of. There were great facilities and helpful students there. Much diversity as well. The only thing that could improve are the dorms, especially for freshmen.
They have a great illustration and computer animation programs. They also have wonderful job placement resources.
While an expensive school, the experience and contacts one can make at the school make it worth the financiers and application exams required to attend. You will get out of the school what you put into it, and given the extensive business world contacts and amazing faculty available; I would say Ringling is worth the investment. I would love to see more hands on help from financial aid persons or at least some earlier introductions to core concepts of individual career options; as these are often reserved for upperclassman.
It is a nice college. They are up to date with the latest technology and the students love it there. I'd like to see the prices go down for tuition and to have more greenery on campus especially around the student dorms.
I visited Ringling during their Fall preview day, and it was very impressive and amazing. They had many rooms and resources. Also the faculty and students were very supportive and nice.
Start Your Review of Ringling College of Art & Design
The good side:
Most professors are great, knowledgeable and eager to aide students in finding their own style and place in the world of art.
Impeccable facilities.
Internships opportunities galore.
Extensive collection of researchable material at the library.

The flip side:
Some professors just plainly don't care.
No good variety for Liberal Art or Electives courses.
There's no professional care for a student's condition, neither financially nor psychologically.
With poor to nonexistent interdepartmental communication, people in critical positions barely understand their role in the institution –or worse, they do know but don't care–, leaving one to wonder what actual qualifications are needed to attain such a place in the institution. It's better to do your own research on financial and time management than ask any advice from these nincompoops at FinAid and Advising as there's a risk of having your entire academic standing in peril if said advice is followed.
The general rule is that you should always compare departments, not colleges. Ringling boasts some great ones.

The Computer Animation program is one of the nation's best, and many alumni have found work in companies like Dreamworks, Pixar, and Disney. Ringling's Graphic Design program boasts impressive alum, as does Illustration.

The campus is small, and you will get to know every student in your year. The facilities are varied and modern, including 3d printers, laser cutters, photo studios, entire computer labs stocked with Wacom Cintiqs, an incredible library, and much more.

It is a private school and it is incredibly expensive– Ringling is not known for being generous with scholarships. A Bachelor's degree with run you 45k/year. Some friends I know graduated with over $100k in student loan debt.

Ringling is an amazing school, but there are many ways to get an arts education, depending on what your goals are. Think hard about what loans like that will do to you.
I love Ringling, the only down fall is the over-all cost. But I feel like I am actually learning something that is relevant to my major. Everyone is friendly to one another, it is over-all a pleasant experience.