Rider University Reviews

1,112 reviews
This is a great school for those looking into the business or education field. It’s a small, but humble college that really let’s it’s personality really grow on you. If you like near the Central New Jersey area and are looking for a business/ education degree, then this is the school for you.
Rider University is diverse, challenging, motivating, clean, and safe! The professors are informed, well connected, and invest in each of their students individually.
My experience at Rider is very exciting. Here at Rider you can easily be active on campus with all then opportunities the school provides to students. For myself, I love being active in clubs, sports, and on activities and events and the school does a good job making sure that your campus experience is fun. The food is delicious, the classes are easy, (some can be difficult) but the overall academic experience is great here. With many schools being bigger than Rider, and Rider being called a relatively “small university”, it creates more of a campus bond with the students because the school being small makes students interact with each other more which can increase your morale on your campus experience. I love it here at Rider, and I highly recommend attending here.
Start Your Review of Rider University
Rider is a great college and the counselors are super helpful in helping you plan your future. The professors are willing to help you whenever and the education department provides a wonderful area for students in this major.
This school is truly amazing. When it came time to applying for College I had many choices and I can truly say that this was the best decision of my life.
Dorms are horrible but you really connect with the students. Rider seems very nurturing but don’t be fooled like I was. Teachers and all high offices like the dean and public safety will not have your back. I went through 2 ordeals with other students where they harmed me in different ways and no one helped me. You may think your safe but rider only looks after themselves not their students. Most of there professors are terrible especially in the fine arts department, English, science,and communications departments. Most are only there because they have ten year and can’t be fired. They don’t teach, and are not nice to their students. They don’t care if they pass or fail you.
I love how Rider is a very close community school. You make great connections with your teachers and other peers throughout the years. Its like a second home. There is always something to do on the weekends and during the week. Very close to Princeton and Trenton, so you can go out for the night. Also, its an hour train ride to Philly, so you can go and have a day in Philly enjoying some cheese steaks. Rider could improve the variety in good options and its professors. Some professors seem too old to be teaching.
Some people in the Financial Aid office clearly do not know how to do their job; however, I have established great personal relationships with some professors. These professors continue to push me to become the person I want to be, working with children. Social interactions are lacking with this school though. As a commuter I can say they barely bring commuters together. Yes they have the occasional "meet your fellow commuters while getting a coffee, bagels, donuts or whatever other breakfast food they can think of that may cause a desire in a broke college student's stomach, but that's honestly about it. I think rider should have more exciting trips as a school by a raffle or something to keep it more exciting.
Rider University is a smaller campus, with many ways to become involved in campus life. Class sizes are also small so you are able to get to know your professor, and are actually able to get that classroom experience.
So far, I believe that Rider charges too much money for its students to attend when many of the classes are not as rigorous, teachers not as dedicated, and students not as motivated as I wish.
Rider University is an above average institution. They specialize in numerous majors and have one of the highest quality educational programs in New Jersey. Outside of the classroom, Rider University could seek further improvement. The dormitories are poor and campus safety could be made better. I would not hesitate to recommend Rider University to high school student, but only if they would benefit from studying a specific major.
I received my Undergrad from Rider, I am going back fall of 2018 for my MBA. The Advisors are very supportive and I believe give great advice and positive direction for a clear path to career goals. I think the cost is in line with pretty much any University in NJ. In anycase the cost is worth the price of admission for a great education!
I loved when I was at Rider University for my undergrad. I plan on going back soon for my teaching certificate and my Masters in teaching. The campus is beautiful and so easy to learn how to get around. Luckily, all the classroom buildings are right near each other, making it easy to get from building to another. Most of the teachers are great, I had an easier time at Brookdale Community College finding great teachers than I did at Rider. There are some great teachers with good reviews and there are bad teachers with bad reviews that I recommend staying away from. ratemyprofessor.com was how I chose what classes I was going to take. I highly recommend using this website. The school is financially doing poorly, but there is still a very high number of students that enroll every year. Being it is a private school, the tuition is extremely high. I recommend going to a community college first and transferring in to get more scholarship money. Making it a cheaper way to get a degree.
Rider is one of those schools that you either love or you hate. Theres never a moment when you feel unsafe or unsure about campus. Theres always familiar faces no matter where you go. You'll know if its the school for you the second you arrive and are greeted on campus. Classes are very manageable as Rider offers many resources to support and overcome any academic difficulties during your time there as a student. Financial aid are always willing to sit down and help those students in need. I can't imagine my college experience anywhere else.
Rider University is very a diverse school. The professors are truly amazing, and if help is needed in classes, Rider always seeks out to give evryone helps, lets everyone knows there are so options, such as the writing studio, or tutor trac for so mnay classes.
Terrible on a financial level. They decrease aid and increase tuition every year. My now senior student should be graduating this year, but CAN NOT afford to return to Rider to finish her education due to the decrease in aid, and increase in tuition, room and board.
Do not be fooled by how they try to get you in as a freshman.
My overall experience at Rider University has been enriching in a multitude of aspects of my life. With Rider being such a small school; no more than 5,000 students at that, I was able to test my academic, emotional and physical character in a reasonable playing field. Academically, the professors have pushed and motivated me in a competitive yet fair way, giving me ample opportunity to take in all that the school has to offer. I ran track and field here and was able to balance my school work as well as the calm but energetic vibe amongst the student body. Last but not least, Rider offers a variety of social groups that help you find and narrow your focus and extracurriculars.
Start Your Review of Rider University
Overall, this is a pretty good school. Most of the staff is friendly and easy to approach. As a transfer student, I do not experience with most classes not related to my major, but the classes are overall fun and engaging. The few events I've been to outside of class were very enjoyable and I very much liked the guest speakers and other activities. As a commuter, I did not have much issue with the food either, which was usually of a fairly wide variety. The only issues I have are that some of the teachers, namely those for gen ed or language classes do not seem that qualified for teaching.
Administration is terrible and it's so overpriced. The professors are AMAZING but I wish all the student debt I've accumulated was going into their pocket, not the administrator. Their sale of Westminster was a travesty.
Tough academically if you are working a full time job while taking 16 credits. Be prepared for lots of teachers who do not care about what grade you get despite the effort and attitude you have towards their course. New food service coming this year (2018) so we will see about that.