Rider University Reviews

1,082 reviews
It is a quite campus that allows you to focus on your studies. The Professors here are very kind and will help you with almost anything you need. Rider gives off a community feeling and students tend to get along very well on this diverse campus. However, there isn't much of a party life on campus nor many activities for everyone to join in on, on the weekends.
Rider is nice if you like small schools, but if you are not in a fraternity or on a sport's team it can get really boring. There's not much to do so you really have to get involved with a lot if you want to keep busy. The buildings are close together so its easy to find your way around and usually everyone know everyone.
Rider tries really hard to keep students active and involved. Every weekend they have some kind of event, whether it be a school tradition like the R Factor or special student sponsored events like the time I got to make a mindfulness jar with my friends. There is always something to do and there is very little reason to stay cooped up in your dorm room on the weekend. The food at both the dining hall and the mini restaurant they have on campus, Crans, is delicious. The food has plenty of flavor and there are even vegan and gluten free options. Rider offers free tutoring and writing lab services for those who need extra help. The only issue would be the dorms are a little out dated. For most of them there is no central air conditioning and the bathrooms are kind of grungy. They are in process of renovating all the dorms so this problem won't be relevant tin a few years but for now the dorms are just kinda "eh".
Start Your Review of Rider University
It is a great school and the people are all so nice! I love the campus and all my new friends since starting!
I love the welcoming atmosphere of the campus we well as the faculty and staff. The diversity of majors also adds a cool relationship between students.
Rider is trying to sell Westminster Choir College because we are a financial burden, we had a surplus of money this year. They tried to sell us illegally. Dell Omo, the president of Rider has tried multiple times to cut our piano program, his administration has not given our faculty raises, but pockets the money for himself. He also has not been truthful in his affairs with the selling of our school. Rider's administration has tried to go behind the students, the teachers and everyone's back to get rid of Westminster for the money. Westminster is our home. "we are just a cash cow." We are not a cash cow, we are a family. They cannot just sell us for money. We believe in the beauty of honesty, self-creation and the role that the art's has in our community, and we will not be silenced by a president who see's us as dollar signs.
Besides shaping my academic knowledge, I have found Rider very useful in helping me develop my time management, organization, communication, and networking skills.
The overall academic feel of the university makes every student feel as if their academic career will be a success. The professors are very flexible and develop a personal connection with each and every student. However, the social and residence life is lacking, a large portion of the student's commute and the dorm halls need renovating.
I love Rider University's tight-knit community, it feels like my second home! The teachers know your name, and the small class sizes make sure that all students understand the subject material. My largest class has 24 students.
Rider university gives me a lot of opportunities to find myself and help me get a better understanding of what career path I want to follow while also giving me the resources to achieve my goals.
Rider University has been great. In my short three years here I have gained so much. I gained best friends, close peers, professionalism, and confidence. I am currently pursuing an education degree, and I love everything about this major. In my education classes I have gained great opportunities, such as teaches lessons and gaining confidence in the classroom. I love being a Rider student. Go Broncs!
I like that I have the opportunity to have close connections with my professors. This allows me to academically succeed. I would change the activities that are provided on the weekends. Rider should focus on making campus more active and sociable.
Love the school so far. Never been anywhere where the staff is so nice and helpful. Really hands on and want you to succeed. Beautiful campus.
Rider University is a great school and environment to be in. The students and professors are great. The classroom sizes are small which makes learning easier and more personable. However, it is very expensive. Most students are on scholarships, which is helpful, but the prices are still high and it is very likely you will be in a lot of debt once you graduate.
Overall experience for my son's education was very good. But Financial Aid and Bursar's office is another story. They take forever to refund financial aid. You have to request it, it's not automatic. Then they cut you a paper check, no direct deposit. I requested the check be mailed. Weeks went by (they say it takes 10-14 business days (!). So when that time was up I contacted them and they informed me it's in the cashier's office! Also he has been tutoring for over a month and has yet to collect a paycheck. Their excuse: "it didn't get processed". They also didn't automatically apply his Rider Advantage scholarship, I had to chase them for that too. They really need to improve the way the department is run.
I like the comfort that Rider provides its students, however, I believe that professors should be up to speed on their courses.
Professors are great. They do everything they can to help you succeed. The campus is like a large family. The events are campus try to get everyone involved.
Start Your Review of Rider University
Rider u is the type of school that you have to make the best of it. So many things are wrong at this school but it all depends on what you make of it.
I am a recent transfer from Rider. Overall did not enjoy my experience as much because going here made me realize I did not want to be apart of a small campus with limited things to do. Overall school was too expensive and not really worth the amount. People here are great and the community is very friendly.
With Rider being a private university, I expected better dorms and food. The residence halls are too dated. Many halls don't allow air conditioners without a medical note.