Rider is a private university located in Lawrence Township, New Jersey. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 3,639 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Rider acceptance rate is 72%. Popular majors include Accounting, Business Administration and Management, and Psychology. Graduating 66% of students, Rider alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $37,800.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.61 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.86 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.93 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses
Colleges like Rider University
- B+Monmouth University
- 4 Year
- West Long Branch, NJ
- 824 reviews
- B+Rowan University
- 4 Year
- Glassboro, NJ
- 1,538 reviews
- B-Fairleigh Dickinson University - College at Florham
- 4 Year
- Madison, NJ
- 750 reviews
- BWilliam Paterson University of New Jersey
- 4 Year
- Wayne, NJ
- 805 reviews
Rider University Reviews
Overall experience for my son's education was very good. But Financial Aid and Bursar's office is another story. They take forever to refund financial aid. You have to request it, it's not automatic. Then they cut you a paper check, no direct deposit. I requested the check be mailed. Weeks went by (they say it takes 10-14 business days (!). So when that time was up I contacted them and they informed me it's in the cashier's office! Also he has been tutoring for over a month and has yet to collect a paycheck. Their excuse: "it didn't get processed". They also didn't automatically apply his Rider Advantage scholarship, I had to chase them for that too. They really need to improve the way the department is run.
Rider University has been great. In my short three years here I have gained so much. I gained best friends, close peers, professionalism, and confidence. I am currently pursuing an education degree, and I love everything about this major. In my education classes I have gained great opportunities, such as teaches lessons and gaining confidence in the classroom. I love being a Rider student. Go Broncs!
I received my Undergrad from Rider, I am going back fall of 2018 for my MBA. The Advisors are very supportive and I believe give great advice and positive direction for a clear path to career goals. I think the cost is in line with pretty much any University in NJ. In anycase the cost is worth the price of admission for a great education!