1. Ina, IL
  2. 2 Year

Rend Lake College Reviews

I love how everything is in one area. I also love how down to earth the staff is about education. I also appreciate all the programs and the staff for helping me succeed in what I do.
I liked the size of the college and the ratio of students to teacher. I also like the campus itself. It is beautiful, the lake is very close to campus, and camp sites are close for commuters who live a ways off campus. I really enjoyed my chemistry class with professor Paul Sandrock, my speech class, and agriculture classes. I would like to see a change in academic advisors. The best advisor is Heather Bauersachs at the Pinckneyville campus. The advisors on campus need more education about the degree tracks and what is best for transfer students.
I haven't had any problems transferring credits. I've had to juggle my job around classes but I knew that was expected.
I don't know anything about post-grad services. I know last year had a 91 percent pass rate on nclex
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
The classes are appropriate in size. The instructors treat you like a person and not just a number. Instructors are helpful in teaching and training.
I haven't seen any recruiters as was summer classes. I haven't utilized the career center yet but will with the fall semester.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I enjoy being in the LPN bridge program at RLC. The instructors are approachable, answer emails in a prompt manner, helpful in answering questions. The college is easy to get around and find the classes, bookstore etc. There's a career center and quiet areas where you can study without being interrupted. The classes are appropriate in size.
Rend lake college is helping me achieve my goal. The instructors are easily accessible and help you understand the concepts.
I didn't have a problem with transfer of credits, had to call other college to do a certified transfer and in two days it was done. The classes are cut and dry, as it is the nursing program so you only have one choice.
I haven't discussed job topics with the career counselor yet because being a nurse gives a person a variety of opportunities to expand and grow on. I haven't had experience with the career center yet.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Our class has 12 students as is a bridge program for LPNs. In the fall, it increases to about 60 students but they divide us up between to classes alternating. The instructors are knowledgeable to what they teach and are experienced nurses as well with a lot of experience in different fields, are approachable in and out of classroom.
The degree will give me better job opportunities as an RN ASN. I'm not sure about the college helping with job opportunities but as an RN with current LPN experience for 20 plus years it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know anything about the alumni as it is the summer semester and as far as the career center is open until 4pm right now and in the fall have a tutor and longer hours for the nursing program.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I am to graduate from the RN ASN program in 2017. I currently attend two days a week and in the fall will have clinicals one day a week as well. As an RN, I will have better job opportunities, learn and grow as a nurse. The facilities are accessible easily, they provide you with a map of the college and make sure you know where to go for what.
I enjoy attending Rend Lake College. The instructors are knowledgeable about subjects are teaching and interested in students being successful. The instructors are approachable and helpful in and out of classroom.
RLC was able to transfer almost all of my credit hours and classes. I really cannot complain to much about it.
My online experience at RLC was okay. The class itself was great but the tech support was not the best and over the semester RLC had numerous online difficulties.
My job prospects after finishing Rend lake are about the same kind of prospects as i had when going in, but different degrees would offer different job prospects.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
At Rend Lake College my best experiences were with the professors! They are amazing and will bend-over-backwards to help any student in need.
Rend Lake does a pretty okay job on recruiting on campus, but they could do better.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
Rend Lake College has a ton of different options involving programs. Rend Lake makes sure you are going to succeed in the major you pick!