Regis College Reviews

I am a basketball player here at Regis College and I absolutely love it. The small little campus in Weston Mass is a perfect school for me. The only thing I would change about school would be the food! The class sizes are amazing the most I have is 14 and that's a lab. Less students mean more 1 on 1 time to ask professors any questions about the material or the lesson.
As a nursing major, the school does a lot to prepare you for your career. I like the small classes and the faculty is overall very good. The food isn't amazing, but it's slowly improving. I like the sense of community and how everyone is friendly and welcoming. There are a good amount of commuters, so not much happens on campus on weekends. This leads to the majority of campus going home on weekends.
Most classes are pretty easy. I don't find it very difficult to keep a decent (3.0 and above) GPA here. Personally I enjoy the small size because it's easier to get to class. Drawback is that it's located in the middle of nowhere so you're going to need a car unless you're headed to the mall or T from the always late shuttle service. The school doesn't pay anyone much attention unless they're a nursing major. The food is awful. If you're involved, the community here is pretty nice and you can meet some cool open minded people.
Review Your College
Regis has a very competitive nursing program that I am working towards in becoming apart of. Academically, it was challenging however, the support system is incredible. Regis College has a center called the Academic Center for Excellence, where there are academic coaches, a writing center, and a center for mathematics and sciences. I took full advantage of all of those centers, and that was reflected in my grades. Regis is great with student to teacher ratio. An average class has about 20-30 students. I have a relationship with all of my teachers and they all knew me personally, which I loved. Overall, I love Regis and recommend it for anyone who wants to pursue a nursing career. Everyone there is super supportive and will do anything in their power to make sure you succeed.
The only warn you about drugs in the move in week.
The courses are great and the class sizes are pretty small with usually 20 students in every class. The teachers are very nice and pretty good at teaching. There are a good amount of class offered from what I've seen.
The serives on campus are good. I haven't used much of it but it seems good to me.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
You feel very safe at this school! There are watchers at the entrance from 6pm to 6am. There are emergency bottoms everywhere around campus, including several outside. The school is in a very rich town so it's very private and safe here.
There is only one building for freshman since we are such a small school. The rooms are normal size, mostly doubles but there is a quad or triple on each floor. There is a full kitchen one 2 out of 4 floors and kitchenette on the other floors. The RA never bother you. The bathrooms aren't bad.
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
We are only a D3 School so the sports aren't that good. We don't have a football team so that kind of sucks. We have an amazing turf field and there is a gym in all of the Dorm Building and there all really nice and kept up to date.
Regis College is the type of college for the person who is looking for a smaller school and wants to stay closer to home. We don't have crazy parties like Zoo Mass but the parties aren't bad and the education is great, especially in the nursing program! They also give an crazy amount for financial aid
I think there could be a few improvements to the part time BSN program
It's great. Everyone there is so helpful, even if we think that everything us falling into pieces, theres people who are so wonderful.
Regis is very strict when it comes to drugs, it is clear that there are events that take place and security makes sure to keep an eye out. I haven't really seen dramatic occurrences with drugs at Regis. Everything from the going out to the coming back in to the dorm rooms, is always under control.
For the most part, classes are efficient at Regis College. Many professors, teach with vigor and care for the students, but some are new and have a hard time accommodating themselves. There is a wide variety of courses that are offered to the students, and many of these courses need to correlate with that student's major. The class sizes rather vary, depending on what subject is being taught.
Student career prospects are introduced before students come in on their financial aid package. For example, students who are eligible can sign up for work study. And, that in itself is a wonderful way for the student to view the school in a different way and get comfortable in what their being taught. I have not yet viewed the internship process.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Safety on campus is very serious on campus, we have campus police that ensure everything is running in order. Resident assistants help with that process as well, after certain events, students are sent straight to their room. I feel generally safe, because there are cameras, as well as people who make it their duty to make sure things run smoothly.
Review Your College
As a first year student, it was a wonderful experience living on campus. The dorms were a good size, as well as the closets, beds and drawers. Sometimes, there would be a draft in the room during the winter but it wasn't too bothersome. The social atmosphere was pretty cool, the Resident Assistants, would make sure that rules were instilled, they would also have little programs for the students to attend.
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
Honestly, I don't see alot of Greek Life at Regis. There would be approximately two or three flyers, but not a huge deal. In my opinion, there is a friendly atmosphere at Regis so the Greek Life would be an addition to that positive atmosphere. Since, there's not alot of attention geared towards Greek Life students aren't really compared to those who are part of Greek Life.
Sports are attended by a large variety of students, most of my hall was filled with athletic students. There were games that alot of students would attend. There was always a sense of family between the teammates, you could feel the energy and the school spirit from students and faculty.