Intellectual. Intense. Inspiring. Transformative. For over 100 years, Reed has sought to provide the finest educational program in the country, offering students an extraordinary environment in which to discover their passions and pursue them with depth and determination.
Reed students are creative, self-propelled, passionate, and analytical. They have a boundless enthusiasm for learning and an unexpected ability to embrace paradoxes. And they love Reed, one of the most intellectual colleges in the country.
Reed College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.23 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.23 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.14 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.29 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Reed College Reviews
Also, we have a nuclear reactor.
Pros: Focus on the learning rather than the grades; Small classes; Liberal standing on most social problems; Nerdy and Geeky students that are obviously well educated; Small campus; little focus on sports or bodily appearance; can form close bonds with the professors; beautiful campus and fairly okay food
Cons: Some students/ professors have a bit of a haughty attitude; First and some of second year classes are lecture based (not like how the school was advertised to me); The school is a large majority white and that can effect academic subjects/ silence the people of color in the community; some professors listen and respect their students others do not; drugs are very prevalent but you can avoid them