Intellectual. Intense. Inspiring. Transformative. For over 100 years, Reed has sought to provide the finest educational program in the country, offering students an extraordinary environment in which to discover their passions and pursue them with depth and determination.
Reed students are creative, self-propelled, passionate, and analytical. They have a boundless enthusiasm for learning and an unexpected ability to embrace paradoxes. And they love Reed, one of the most intellectual colleges in the country.
Reed College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.27 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.18 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.33 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Reed College Reviews
I find the social culture of Reed to be claustrophobic. There is a strong sense of identity, of being a 'Reedie,' here and that idea has a lot of aesthetic ideals and a very specific mindset. I find it difficult to relate to people here often as there is a pressure to be a certain way when a lot of people are not. I have heard that a lot of people feel this way and also feel very lonely because of it.