Intellectual. Intense. Inspiring. Transformative. For over 100 years, Reed has sought to provide the finest educational program in the country, offering students an extraordinary environment in which to discover their passions and pursue them with depth and determination.
Reed students are creative, self-propelled, passionate, and analytical. They have a boundless enthusiasm for learning and an unexpected ability to embrace paradoxes. And they love Reed, one of the most intellectual colleges in the country.
Reed College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.36 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.36 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.27 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.42 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Reed College Reviews
Its a great school, with professors who are passionate about teaching, amazing people, a beautiful campus. The academics are incredible, I have never had a class that didn't, in some way, leave me wanting to keep taking it (even calculus and hum).
But it is so draining, if you want extracirriculars you are in trouble. It feels like every professor knows what they are assigning is an impossible work load, but then doubles it.
You probably will not feel this Freshman year but just wait.
This school is a challenge and if you think you want a school where it isn't easy to succeed, Reed is for you.