Rasmussen College - New Port Richey Reviews

I like that the process of getting into the nursing program was fairly simply, compared to other nursing programs that require prereqs and long waiting lists. They definitely have the lines of communication open, from the Dean to the advisors and professors. The class times line up perfectly to allow someone working an overnight job.
Was good to start in this college I like. My classes are online and is very easy. I finished my first two classes and my grades was A
Rasmussen’s online nursing program this very convenient when you begin introductory courses because they are available online. Once you get into the core classes, you are required to attend campus which is fine, however the class schedules are sent out a week before classes begin making it extremely difficult to change your schedule for those who work (which because of the cost of tuition most people do). Also, there is no financial aid counseling offered before classes begin. Knowing how tuition works with a quarterly schedule would be helpful.
Start Your Review of Rasmussen College - New Port Richey
The staff has been so helpful and supportive of my admission process and truly want to see me succeed and start nursing school
The only down fall that i had an issue with is it being online full time. Other than that the teachers are amazing and stsff will work with you and its surprisingly cheap. They offer a variety of programs. Every teacher I had was willing to work with me and make sure that I understood my class and everything i learned.
The campus activities are nonexistent.The library does have a vast amount of literature for all courses offered along with multiple computers to accommodate all students. I do wish however that the school did have a athletic center, most people in nursing are over weight and it is my belief for a nurse to be able to care for another they must take care of themselves first.
Printing on campus is not always pleasant, the librarian gives bad looks to those who print out resources. It is not irregular to see a malfunction printer or one that runs out of ink or paper on the regular. Also wifi connection for students and staff has been known to shut off, especially at convenient times.
Rasmussen provides classes in the medical field such as medical assistance, phlebotomy and nursing. Graphic design is also very popular and they develop many creative projects shared around the school.
In nursing at Rasmussen you can take part of a vast quantity of activities with very knowledgeable staff who are very patient and work with you to perfect techniques. The work load is heavy and does make working a challenge but with staff available even when there is not enough time to study they can assist to get the right grades and make learning fun.
Nursing in general is a woman's world, at Rasmussen that is the exception there is a good mix between male and females along with diversity of different ethnicity. There is no discrimination or negative challenges to overcome. Most students unlike myself do not work and have a spouse that helps them financially so with that being said it is harder for me to take part in social and study events. Overall, a good school with great teachers where a student who wants to learn can really thrive.
My online courses are great! The workload does not differ much from a traditional classroom and peer-to-peer interaction is encouraged through discussion posts.
I think my education is worth the tuition I paid. However, I disagree with the transition to e-books; like many other individuals I enjoy having a physical textbook. The school announced that they were switching to e-books because it costs them less, but I still pay upwards of $400 per quarter for e-books that I do not get to keep. Aside from that, my education is amazing and I thoroughly enjoy all of my instructors.
Rasmussen's nursing program is fantastic and they currently have a 99% NCLEX pass rate for graduates of their RN program. It costs a little more but it's a quality education. In addition, there is no waiting list to get into the program which I like a lot. Otherwise I could have been waiting for 2+ years to possibly get a seat.
I don't always need my personal laptop for class, which is great.
There are a number of places to study but the lounge and computer labs are always packed. The campus is so small.
So far my experience has been great. My school is small so you get great staff support. I definitely would choose my scool again because of the support I receive.
You get help with every aspect of finding a job from help with your resume, mock interviewing & job placement in your field of study.
Start Your Review of Rasmussen College - New Port Richey
Several portals to reach out to fellow students & staff. he 1 on 1 help is great.
Several computer labs to choose from with printing available.
I have several options for resources, student center, library & private quiet rooms to study.