Raritan Valley Community College Reviews

My experience at Raritan Valley has been for the most part positive. It has great academic programs with great professors both adjunct and full time who love what they do. It has a great return because of the low cost, and it gives you the benefit of letting you figure out for sure what you want to major in. I was able to find my major, because I grew up and really found what I wanted.
Class sizes are small at RVCC, allowing you to get to know your professors personally and enables them to demonstrate genuine concern for your well-being and learning. I've found every professor I've worked with to be accessible and caring. Cost of attendance is affordable and courses are challenging and engaging. The NJ Transfer arrangement will enable me to arrive at a four-year NJ university as a junior - well-prepared for all that lies ahead of me, thanks to my terrific start at RVCC!
A great school. One of the top Community Colleges in the nation. Very diversified student body as well as a wide array of degree programs offered. Large and well thought out campus that is secluded and safe. College has good communication with faculty and student body with closures and facility updates.
Start Your Review of Raritan Valley Community College
RVCC provides opportunity to students to completely change their lives, whether that be a fresh start at a GPA, or the chance to gain an associates or a certificate, or just a new start for adults later in life. The academics are extremely underrated, you have adjunct professors coming from schools like Montclair, providing the same education they would there at a fraction of the cost. Student life however, is entirely what you make of it. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00-2:20, we have college hour where all the clubs typically get together and have their meetings. We also have some really fun events like our Fall and Spring picnics! If you're unsure on where you want to spend the next year or two, I strongly suggest RVCC. :)
RV is a really good start to college life - especially when you don't know what to major in. It's also really nice to have the freedom to choose when you have class and who you want as a professor. It doesn't have a very diverse selection of sports, but there are a lot of different ways to get involved (i.e. clubs). Overall, great professors and good place to get started.
Raritan Valley Community College is definitely worth attending! I am an out of county student and people would always criticize me for choosing RVCC instead of other community colleges near me. However, it is a very good college. The advisors are great, if you go to them they really try and help get your degree as fast as possible. In addition, the professors are great! Almost every professor knows exactly what he/she is teaching and they care about you and help you pass each class with a high grade. Also, the environment is great, it is diverse and the students are overall friendly. There are many clubs you can join to keep you engaged and that can help you meet other students with your same interests. If you choose Raritan Valley Community college you will not regret it!
Raritan valley is great school if you're looking for the most bang for your buck. But you really have to be careful about keeping track of the classes you need to take. the advisors there aren't very helpful when it comes to making sure you graduate on time, they'd rather have to make a 2 year degree into 4 if they could. the english department isn't very good, I've had professors that never hand back papers at all during the semester, and I've had professors that try to force you into agreeing with their beliefs. but the art department is amazing and all of their professors are great, they really want to see you succeed
I enjoyed this college due to the fact that it was simple to go and get your work done then leave. The classes are well taught and have purposeful work.
Great professors who care about their students. Various activities are available so there's something for everyone. Considering it's a 2 year school, it's worth the money
I've had many excellent professors at Raritan Valley Community College. I've learned a lot from each of all of my classes ranging from a variety of different academic departments. There's also such a great community of students that you will feel at ease whenever you're on the campus. I couldn't recommend this college enough!
RVCC is absolutely the best community college in NJ. Raritan Valley is solely based on diversity. RVCC preserves all cultures and religions while focusing on each student's academic goals. I have been exposed to classmates of many different cultures, and every time I am able to learn from them. The college's faculty main goal is to help you achieve your goals. The college offers small classes with a maximum of 40 students per class. This gives the students the opportunity to ask questions and easily communicate with the professor during and after each lecture. Also, the professors at RVCC are willing to work with the students at all costs and accommodate them, as they understand that most of the students face life's unexpected struggles that may take away from the time they would originally dedicate to studying. Both the staff and students are RVCC care for each other and work as a team to make sure that students are going after their dreams.
It was lovely. The people are very friendly. The campus is very diverse. Even though the campus is large, it a very friendly community.
For the most part if you just put in the effort the classes require you should be able to get good grades. Teachers are always available to talk to. Campus itself stinks it's pretty ugly, there are activities but no one participates.
Raritan Valley Community College is a great institution with few flaws. The college offers a variety of events, learning opportunities, clubs, sports and all at lower costs than 4 year institutions. The campus is not big so traversing it is quite easy and buildings and areas are well labeled so it is hard not to find where your class will be. Parking on the other hand is a problem, those spaces closest to the college fill up quickly and while is has other places for you to park they are at least a five minute or so walk away from the campus which makes it difficult with rain, snow, excessive heat etc. you. The library is the optimal area to study with a vast collection of books and resources. Also the college offers Windows which can be downloaded for free! Take advantage, it can cost upwards of 200 dollars otherwise!
Raritan Valley is a fantastic school with great opportunities for any student. No matter if you are coming straight out of high school or are coming back to education after being 10 years removed, RVCC is a school that can give you so many opportunities to improve as a student and in the workforce. All the faculty and administration at the school have helped me, personally, build networks and become a much better student and overall person.
The campus is located in a convenient location. The professures are very friendly and eager to help students as much as possible.
Raritan Valley is a great college for those who are uncertain upon choosing a major. In addition, it's a great transition from High School to a normal college life. Students don't have dorms, however the school provides comfortable student lounges that's similar towards a dorm. The campus itself is clean, small, and very comfortable for walking. The professors have tons of personality as well as a huge knowledge upon their field of teaching. There's no parties there except for the ones provided by the school. Lastly, this school is one of the best community colleges in the country!
Start Your Review of Raritan Valley Community College
I'll be honest, I thought I was going to be completely miserable at RVCC. I only applied to expensive, out of state schools as a Senior in high school, and only one in state-public school. To be economically responsible I chose to go to RV, and I don't regret it for a second. For any high school seniors who haven't gotten into schools they actually want to go to, don't waste the money! I've grown as a student these past few months, and I genuinely attribute that to RVCC and the professors here. The people are nice, and for the most part, everyone is in the same financial boat. It sucks having friends away at school, but if you want to really figure out what you'd like to study and not drown in debt after graduation, I really suggest going to RV or whatever your local community college is. Consider it, because it really is worth it in the long run.
Great school, low cost, experienced professors, friendly atmosphere. Always trying to get students involved. Great food and gym.
I loved RV. Every teacher is willing to help and is very nice. The parking is a huge issue. There isn't enough spots for the amount of students going there. As long as you're willing to take morning classes then there's a spot for you.