Raritan Valley Community College Reviews

its a great school its very inexpensive and good. nice food nice area and a great line of professors that will help you get through the classes and its a small but big campus on the outside and strong.
I really like RVCC because it allowed me to have an easier transition to college. Many of the professors are kind and caring, and they really value my education. I feel really comfortable to be there! I am apart of the Honors College, which has been a wonderful experience. We go on trips as a group, and it helped me to get to know people and make friends! I appreciate that it is close knit and everyone is caring towards others. RVCC encourages its students to get involved, and join clubs, which as a two year institute, is a bit hard to do. So they offer a college hour two days a week where for an hour and twenty minutes, no classes are offered and it dedicated to clubs and events happening on campus. I got involved with the Dance Club which has been so much fun! I am in charge of emails to other groups and I get in interact with people in free dance classes hosted by other students and guest teachers.
I really enjoy the set up of the campus! Even though it’s on a hill, it’s still easy to get to class. Many of the teachers really care about you learning and succeeding. The people there are all so friendly. Truly a great learning environment. One thing I would like to see improve is the parking lots. They are very over crowded making it hard to find a place to park and get to class on time.
Start Your Review of Raritan Valley Community College
I attend the bi-county community college because it is the local community college for my area. A majority of the college campus could use some updating as many of the buildings are getting older. It's about average and nothing in particular stands out. I have had quite a few good professors who cared and wanted to see students thrive but also just as many bad ones. Some academic programs are very good but other programs are being done away with such as the fire science program. I'd like to say you get what you pay for but as tuition at this school continues to rise I don't know if that statement is accurate. Since my home county does not offer a community college I attend school here. The commute can be rough and parking is a major campus issue. Overall just an average community college.
I like the size and location of the school, the science department is beyond excellent, however, the math department is slacking, I feel I was cheated of my abilities to learn well and be challenged with the way the school does placement tests.
Great!
Excellent faculty. School is improving on the outside - looks better! Gets bad rap but very good option. Save $$$.
RVCC is a really great school. Professors always showed a personal interest in my learning experience, and the smaller classes allowed for more specialized attention creating a solid base of knowledge. I was able to get a great education at a fraction of the price!
Raritan Valley Community College was overall a great place to learn. Thier rating of being the best community college in New Jersey makes sense once you see how dedicated the staff is. I liked how involved each professor was in making sure you succeeded. I would just wish to change the student life aspect of RVCC. Students were never really involved in college life and that was a turn off for me. Other than that, RVCC is a great place.
It was a great all around college, and I'm glad that I was able to attend and save money before transferring to a four-year institution.
I really love this school, and it has such a positive environment. All the classes that I have taken so far have been so great because the teachers care about you and your personal success.
I've had a great experience at Rartian Valley Community College. Most if not all the professors are excellent and care about your studies. They put in the time and effort to make sure you learn and retain the information they are teaching you.
Classes are very good. Professors challenge you and help you grow as a student and person. Have both online courses and in person courses, which allows working students to do both. If you put the effort into your studies you will get a lot more out of your cousrses
I haven’t run into any major problems doing online school besides the pretty average bumps with teachers. Most teachers are really helpful and provide an easy experience in the semester.
At Raritan Valley Community College I was admitted into their Honors Program and was able to engage in a higher level of learning than a traditional path at a community college. I studied Mechanical Engineering and was able to work alongside many other like-minded individuals.

The engineering department is very strong and has a lot of great professors.
However their Physics professors aren't the best, the rest of their stem related classes are great!
The professors are extremely passionate about helping you succeed and I was offered many opportunities outside the classroom to further my education and gain experience. The only issue I had was parking. At peak times, I could circle for an hour looking for a spot.
Raritan Valley Community College is a great choice for anyone looking to further their education. I started there because I wasn't sure what field of study I wanted to pursue, and ended up deciding on Nursing. They have a fantastic nursing program that I am currently enrolled in that allows you to obtain your RN and start a career. All the professors I have had so far are very knowledgeable and passionate about teaching. The campus is clean and offers many various resources. Additionally, there are many great sports, clubs and honors societies to get involved in. They offer many classes that any 4 year college would, making this a great school to go to in order to obtain a higher education for a fraction of the cost of a 4 year college. For a community college, RVCC has truly come a long way and now offers many great opportunities; there is something there for everyone!
My experience at Raritan Valley has been for the most part positive. It has great academic programs with great professors both adjunct and full time who love what they do. It has a great return because of the low cost, and it gives you the benefit of letting you figure out for sure what you want to major in. I was able to find my major, because I grew up and really found what I wanted.
Start Your Review of Raritan Valley Community College
Class sizes are small at RVCC, allowing you to get to know your professors personally and enables them to demonstrate genuine concern for your well-being and learning. I've found every professor I've worked with to be accessible and caring. Cost of attendance is affordable and courses are challenging and engaging. The NJ Transfer arrangement will enable me to arrive at a four-year NJ university as a junior - well-prepared for all that lies ahead of me, thanks to my terrific start at RVCC!
A great school. One of the top Community Colleges in the nation. Very diversified student body as well as a wide array of degree programs offered. Large and well thought out campus that is secluded and safe. College has good communication with faculty and student body with closures and facility updates.
RVCC provides opportunity to students to completely change their lives, whether that be a fresh start at a GPA, or the chance to gain an associates or a certificate, or just a new start for adults later in life. The academics are extremely underrated, you have adjunct professors coming from schools like Montclair, providing the same education they would there at a fraction of the cost. Student life however, is entirely what you make of it. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00-2:20, we have college hour where all the clubs typically get together and have their meetings. We also have some really fun events like our Fall and Spring picnics! If you're unsure on where you want to spend the next year or two, I strongly suggest RVCC. :)