1. Mahwah, NJ
  2. 4 Year

Ramapo College of New Jersey Reviews

Overall great college. People that complain there is nothing to do aren't involved in anything on campus. Only a junior and already I have had so many opportunities from going here. Professors know who you are and remember you even after the class is over, one of the many benefits of going to a small school like this. Even administrators know who students are. Truly happy with my choice to go here.
One of the worst college experiences I have ever had. This place does not know how to manage more then a few people. My bill was wrong many times. The program I was a part of was a joke. I could have taught the course better my self. This school was not challenging and not cutting edge. While some of the concepts and skills were good for a novice that is not what a 4 year college should be teaching toward. I did my MA here and felt as if I left with more BA knowledge.
Ramapo College of New Jersey is a very good school. It is in a very calm and quiet area. It is a small school with not a lot of people which is something that I looked for in a school. The people in the school are very nice and overall it is a very great environment to be around.
As a senior, I can truly say I have had an amazing experience as a Ramapo College student. The small class sizes allow professors to get to know their students on a more personal basis. This has allowed me to build strong professional relationships with professors. I have been able to contact professors for internships, and recommendation letters for both scholarships and graduate school admissions. I would say the campus dining options can be greatly improved. First, there are limited options, as well as limited hours of operation. I find most of the food to be unhealthy.
Has the huge dorms, two great dining halls, view of the mountains is extremely nice, very modern school, great athletic facilities, good places to study, class sizes are small, good professors, and reasonable price. However, this school is awfully boring. There is no social life here unless you make it into one, it's a commuter school, and it's completely dead on the weekends. Most go home but if you stay here good luck finding somewhere to go, because either you will be eating, sleeping, or studying. There is no college town, so you are basically stranded here unless you have a car on campus. I'm currently a freshman, but transferring after this year.
Small class sizes, a lot of individual attention. You're not just a name on a piece of paper. Professors know everyone personally and have a tendency to reach out if a student is falling behind/not attending class. They have office hours every week, and are very willing to make appointments. Great science program for a liberal arts school. Small campus but beautiful. Different clubs and organizations co-sponsor events. Living on campus can get a little boring on weekends because it's not a "college town", but there are many ways to get involved and those who complain the most usually aren't involved in any extracurricular activities. Most dorms are fairly new or being renovated. No communial bathrooms, a lot of different living set-ups. The science building was redone last year and is amazing, although more modern equipment would be nice. Overall, a great school. I had a fantastic experience, better than I would've had at a larger school.
My experience was great. I joined clubs and participated in extracurricular activities offered. I met all sorts of people and learned a lot.
I attended a summer program which allowed me to take 8 credits worth of classes and it was truly great. I learned more in the six weeks about life than I did in eighteen years.
So many different courses to choose from with professors that care about your education. The class sizes are small and allows professors to get to know you and easier to have questions. Professors are very available for office hours.
I am a social work major and for my major there are 680 of required fieldwork. I would be interning at a lot of places and social networking a lot making it more likely to find a job after I graduate.
  • College Junior
  • Value
Rape and sexual assault is a problem on every campus and should be an ongoing issue to be assessed and Ramapo is no different. After an alleged rape that was reported Ramapo had hired and outside person to evaluate our policies and suggest changes.
Ramapo College has the best housing in New Jersey. As a freshman I shared a room with two roomates, had a fridge/freezer, microwave, and a personal bathroom; and that was just as a freshman!
It is a predatory culture which encourages getting girls wasted so guys could sleep with them. I feel that greek like is very superficial.
We have no football team so I feel like that at other schools that is what drives a big sports following. People do not really go out to sports events. The people on their own teams have their own culture and its what makes them enjoy their sport that they bring back and share with everyone else to participate in what they would feel that they would enjoy.
Ramapo is great at what it does. It is a small school so all of our professors take the time to know your name and genuinely care about your education. The campus is very connected and they have the best dorms in New Jersey.
First semester was an adjustment period for me and I just feel like the first semester helped me prepare myself better for the next one. I started off sluggish first semester and ended the first semester with 2.0 and finished the year with a 2.8.
I haven't really got involved around campus yet so I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about it yet.
  • College Sophomore
  • Value
It's a safe environment to me because no one really has any problems with anyone everyone is friendly.
We have the best dorms in the state and is high ranked in the country so that explained itself.
  • College Sophomore
  • Housing
I'm not really into that kind of stuff at my school so I couldn't tell you anything about it.