Ramapo College of New Jersey Reviews

Ramapo is a small college with major opportunities. They offer a variety of programs and volunteering experiences. One thing I would change about Ramapo is the meal plans. They are not much choices when it comes to choosing a meal plan. Also they do not allow a student to deny a meal plan.
So far my experience has been a good one, and I think that it would have been even better if I were to be more active on campus. If you come to this college then make sure that you join a club because it keeps you busy and they are usually fun. I also wished the college had more diversity.
A beautiful small campus. I love the nature and home-like feeling. I am going to be a first-year student fall of 2018 and I am so excited to begin my college journey and discover my career path.
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
I like that Ramapo College of New Jersey offers so many different programs to help support your future career. They have programs such as EOF for the financial support, LLC program for undeclared students and many more. However, if you're looking for a widely diverse institution this is not the school for you, this is an PWI. The food is pretty good and the campus is fairly small so the classes range from 1-35 students. The social experience with the professors is great, the devoted professors care and will make an effort to get to know you.
I'm a sophomore here at Ramapo and am really enjoying my experience. From the excellent housing to the many sports and activities available on campus. The curriculum is challenging and the professors are inspiring. I can't imagine myself any where else.
This is my 2nd semester as a freshman at RCNJ and I have loved it so far. My professors have been great and the people are so friendly. I love small schools and I love the fact that you see familiar faces walking around campus. The food is also pretty good.
From the first time I went to visit RCNJ I immediately fell in love with the campus and the peace of it. Little did I know that I was going to be spending the next four years of my life here. I love this school so much, the professors are awesome, will definitely make your money worth it .
Graduate early if you can- nobody here is going to give you the extra job experience or education or amazing friendship that will make attending any amount of time here worth it. Admin tries to actively block discussions on lectures in business, economics, sociology, student participation, etc., so you're not going to find a super-interesting lecture or job opportunity here anytime soon. The campus rules and lack of involvement make it damn near impossible to meet people and make lasting friendships with others.

Ramapo won't develop you. It does not have the tools or community or classes required to do so, nor does it care. It'll hold your hand your first semester and then smack you in the face for the rest and leave it all up to you to decide what to do next with your friendships, intellect, career, goals, and ambitions. It's a college that serves nobody buts its administrators, and is ultimately a college that nobody should attend.
As an incoming college freshman, you have so many expectations about your ultimate college experience. Going in, I had so many thoughts about college. I thought that it was going to be the greatest time of my life, I was going to meet so many new people, and try so many new things. Not that my experience was so awful, it was just not what I expected it to be. Because of this, I began to hate Ramapo College of New Jersey. However, once I started to get myself out there more, I began to love it so much more. Now being a sophomore, I couldn't even imagine hating my school. Because of this, I would just tell any incoming freshman to give their school a chance for longer than a week if it's not exactly what they expect it to be. In the end, you get out what you put into it and because I have this mentality, there isn't much about my school that I would change.
The campus is very nice and beautiful! The professor really care for their students. Dorms at campus are very nice then other colleges.
The campus is absolutely beautiful, and everyone is beyond nice. I can really tell they want me to succeed there and I feel like a part of a huge family. Professors are always available for questions, and peers are constantly available for extra help. It is very close to NYC, and buses transport kids to and from malls, cities and stores. There are many internships that can be found from New York, and there seems to always be activities planned right on campus.
Ramapo is great! I am having a great experience here. The professors are great as well as the overall atmosphere here.
Ramapo was my number one. Getting accepted truly changed my life. The school will always be my home away from home. Yes, I do commute, so I still live at home.
I've had an excellent experience at Ramapo thus far. It's really easy to become very involved in the campus life, both as a commuter and as a resident. I've had good experiences with all of the staff in a variety of offices on campus. The College has also given me lots of opportunity, in terms of research, working on campus, and interacting with peers. In addition, I love the campus itself. We're located in the valley of the Ramapo mountains, with the Reservation right down the road. In the spring and fall particularly, the campus looks absolutely beautiful. I could not have picked a better place to attend college!
Ramapo is my home away from home. It has given me the chance to branch out and grow amongst peers of similar minds. The professors here help us students strive to reach our goals and actually get to know us as individuals. Ramapo is a school in which gives students memories to last a lifetime and an experience no one will ever forget.
I love Ramapo, they are very welcoming and helpful to transfer students. Just started my second semester here and honestly I never want to leave. The positive learning experiences have provided me with many lasting college memories.
Very good program and living space. Professors are passionate about the subject matter and care about the students.
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
Money hungry public college that doesn't follow the procedures published in handbooks. I would NEVER recommend going to this school... go to Montclair or Rutgers. Hell, go to Willy P instead of Ramapo as well
On the one hand, the campus is beautiful all-year round! Also, there are over 200 clubs and organizations offered at the school for students to join and become more involved on campus. On the other hand, the faculty should put more effort into seeing students succeed.
The school is small so you get to really know your peers and your professors, the social work department is great and all the professors are extremely helpful. The food is average but there are a lot of options to choose from. You will always find parking but you will have to walk a good distance. The campus in beautiful and it is nice to sit outside and study or have lunch on a warm, sunny day. My only complaint is the lack of livelyhood and events going on on campus, its quiet.