Ramapo College of New Jersey Reviews

Ramapo was my number one. Getting accepted truly changed my life. The school will always be my home away from home. Yes, I do commute, so I still live at home.
I've had an excellent experience at Ramapo thus far. It's really easy to become very involved in the campus life, both as a commuter and as a resident. I've had good experiences with all of the staff in a variety of offices on campus. The College has also given me lots of opportunity, in terms of research, working on campus, and interacting with peers. In addition, I love the campus itself. We're located in the valley of the Ramapo mountains, with the Reservation right down the road. In the spring and fall particularly, the campus looks absolutely beautiful. I could not have picked a better place to attend college!
Ramapo is my home away from home. It has given me the chance to branch out and grow amongst peers of similar minds. The professors here help us students strive to reach our goals and actually get to know us as individuals. Ramapo is a school in which gives students memories to last a lifetime and an experience no one will ever forget.
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
I love Ramapo, they are very welcoming and helpful to transfer students. Just started my second semester here and honestly I never want to leave. The positive learning experiences have provided me with many lasting college memories.
Very good program and living space. Professors are passionate about the subject matter and care about the students.
Money hungry public college that doesn't follow the procedures published in handbooks. I would NEVER recommend going to this school... go to Montclair or Rutgers. Hell, go to Willy P instead of Ramapo as well
On the one hand, the campus is beautiful all-year round! Also, there are over 200 clubs and organizations offered at the school for students to join and become more involved on campus. On the other hand, the faculty should put more effort into seeing students succeed.
The school is small so you get to really know your peers and your professors, the social work department is great and all the professors are extremely helpful. The food is average but there are a lot of options to choose from. You will always find parking but you will have to walk a good distance. The campus in beautiful and it is nice to sit outside and study or have lunch on a warm, sunny day. My only complaint is the lack of livelyhood and events going on on campus, its quiet.
Ramapo is a beautiful college in the middle of the mountainous northern New Jersey. Parties are usually on Wednesday nights. The groups are divided into cultural cliques. Professors are great if you can get your first choice. Definitely take Ecology, Economics and Ethics! It's one of my favorite courses!
I love the scenery, and friendly environment of the staff. I would love for Ramapo College to become more of a diverse campus amongst faculty, staff and students.
The people are nice and the dorms are not bad but there is not much happening on the weekends and the food is not so good.
The professors at Ramapo really care about their field of study as well as their students succeeding. I have gotten personal attention at Ramapo from professors and faculty that has helped me feel more prepared for my profession in the future. Although there are not a lot of people on campus during the weekends, there is always something to do if you want to get involved and look for it. I am extremely satisfied with both the academics at Ramapo and the opportunities that it presents me with.
It's a decent school if your just looking to get a degree or not really into partying every night or at all. Greek life is cool but don't expect everyone to like you
It's a small campus with not too much diversity and activities. Administration is business minded like most other schools too.
I am currently enrolled in Ramapo College of New Jersey. As a commuter, my main focus is to just be on campus for class. I was afraid that because I commute, I would not be able to participate in clubs or attend career fairs. The college offers both activities at different dates and times- which makes it convienent to participate in the college's affairs! As for academics, the college is perfect. It is smaller; therefore, professors are tailored to the students and their needs. They are easy to reach and there is a very personal experience. I would recommend Ramapo for its academics. The school provides great resources and knowlegable professors.
The greatest factor about Ramapo are the small classes. The professors will know your name and will be very involved.
Ramapo is extremely gorgeous. The staff is amazing and more than qualified for their positions. The people are nice and open minded. I always feel at home!
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
Ramapo offered many academically diverese options for students but failed to offer the necessary classes that many other schools offer. For example, it offers a music production program but it doesn't offer classes on management in the music world, which is highly recommended in the business. Other than that, Ramapo offered a great experience for students looking to find a home on campus. There were many great activities (nightly) so students always had something to do.
I personally love Ramapo College. It is a small school that is deeply grounded in nature. If you are a party type then this school wont fit you, but if you are interested in a good education and nature then it is a perfect fit. The professors are also super qualified and the class sizes are remarkably small. I have loved it ever since I have arrived here.
Ramapo College is a fine state school located in the rural, mountainous area of northern New Jersey. Aside from the scenery, Ramapo is always enhancing its buildings, so there may be some construction, but all to make your learning and experience worth it. Professors are always there to help and there are plenty of clubs and opportunities to make new friends. There is something valuable at Ramapo that any type of student will find. From those who enjoy partying and going out with friends to those who prefer quiet time in nature and a place to study. Ramapo will be your home.