Ramapo College of New Jersey Reviews

Ramapo has been the best school I could ask for. The office of special services, which help with students with disabilities, has helped me more times than i could count. Free laundry and free printing also come in handy. The knowledgeable professors and small classes shape an excellent educational system. The only thing that could be improved in my eyes is the food offered.
People do not see the perks of living on campus such as free laundry, AC, heating, your own bathroom, microwave and fridge... IT IS ALL PART OF THE TUITION. The other colleges I visited it was all extra. Plus, free printing !!!!
I am a biology major and I am commuter. At first, I wanted to become a doctor but Ramapo inspired me to follow my passion for forensic science. I’ve been at Ramapo for four years and my experience here has been nothing but amazing. I made friends for the rest of my life. Being a biology major has flourish my passion for plants.
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
I am going to be a Sophomore at Ramapo and I could not be any happier. My first here was amazing and I loved living on campus. I loved living on campus - I lived in Mackin Hall. The room is spacious and there is a dining hall right next to the dorm. It was very convenient since the business school is also so close to. Can't wait for the next 3 years.
Ever since the first time I visited Ramapo, I knew it was my home. There are incredible staff members and professors always available to help, plenty of ways for students to get involved, and a beautiful campus. It is truly an amazing place.
Professors care a lot for their students. They take the time to listen and work with their students one-on-one when needed and are quick to respond to emails.
Few class options to choose from. Registering for classes is a HASSLE! Before I decided to transfer, my attempt at registering for the Fall semester was nearly impossible. They offered TWO Accounting classes that I needed- both filled to capacity. When emailing to see if I could be overridden into them, I was told no due to already having a 50+ person waitlist. The thing with Ramapo is, they won't add more classes- you just have to deal. Meanwhile the college I'm transferring to continues to keep adding classes upon classes because of high student request volume.

Every class I had was a repetition of powerpoints they had already sent us. We did no in class work for any of my classes. I had ONE professor throughout the entire year that actually tried to teach anything at all. Financial Aid won't send you your refund until semester is nearly ending even though it's meant for college related expenses. Cliqueish. Dead weekends. Security is AWFUL!
Ramapo has a great student life, there is something going on almost everyday of the week. They are very inclusive, as the do not just focus on people who dorm but there is also a very large focus on commuters. The professor care about their students and want to see them succeed.
Ramapo College is an amazing school. It is on a beautiful nature centered campus, with small class sizes and staff who really care about students' success. I just wish there was a bit more diversity.
I still can’t believe I will be graduating soon. My experience at Ramapo has been nothing but amazing. Ramapo makes sure to be a home away from home. I love how I never had an issue here. I always got the classes that I wanted and never had a problem to go out at night. There are SO MANY events going on. My four years has been nothing but the best!
I love Ramapo for so many reasons. First, every professor knows my name. This is very important to me because you are able to develop a relationship with them. Second, the campus is SO NICE. I feel safe walking around here at any time. Third, they want you to succeed. There are always internships opportunities and they really help you find the right internship for you.
I do not really understand why some people would write negative reviews about Ramapo. I love Ramapo. It is so close to NYC and they offer so many internships opportunities in the city. I never had a problem at Ramapo. I made so many good friends and I am so happy that I decided to attend here.
I just finished my first year at Ramapo. I had an amazing experience and it was so much fun. I loved all my classes and living on campus was better than I expected. I was not sure about living on campus my sophomore year but after my experience, I am 100% sure that I will be living on campus all four years.
I have been a Ramapo student since my freshman year and I never thought about transferring. I love my professors and I have had three internships so far. Great school!
My experience at Ramapo College of New Jersey has been amazing. I am currently going into my senior year here at Ramapo, I am involved in a social sorority which has been the best decision I ever made. I lived on campus until my sophomore year and I had the time of my life. Ramapo has gone above and beyond to help further my career, and I am excited and prepared to go off on my own next year.
Ramapo is a small school that out a lot of emphasis on sports especially their men's basketball team. Ramapo tires hard to create activities for their students. The diversity at the school could be much better. It would be nice to see more people like me.
I love Ramapo- I am learning so much. The campus is beautiful, and the professors are brilliant. However, I do wish there was a bit more diversity, as well as more dietary options in the cafeteria.
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
Ramapo College is a school that can be good for anyone. It is small enough to get around, but big enough for that college experience. A lot of amenities are included when and if you decide to live on campus! Free laundry, good food, air conditioning in every building. Students also are provided many resources like a center for reading and writing, free tutors and more. Free printing is an added bonus because as a college student i constantly need to print.I would recommend Ramapo to anyone who wants Professors who actually care about your learning, and for people who would utilize all the resources provided.
Ramapo College offers many opportunities for students to succeed throughout their college careers. Opportunities such as resume building, cover letter creating, reading and writing center, tutoring and much more. Clubs, sports and activities vary as well, and their is always something going on when on campus. The Ramapo Reservation is across the street from the college and that is a very nice spot for walks and relaxation on nicer days. When it is hot out the students create their own fun by all getting together outdoors playing games, chilling, and just enjoying the sun. Ramapo has a gym for everyone to use with no extra cost, free printing, and free laundry. With all of these positive aspects, the number one reason i love Ramapo is the small personalized classrooms. My professors were very helpful, and they take pride into making me more knowledgeable on my major.
I Highly recommend Ramapo College.
Ramapo is a college that provides an abundance of opportunities for their students to submerse themselves in. An ongoing issue that I've witnessed in my years here is a lack of motivation from students to obtain these opportunities. Given that we are in a very close radius to New York City Ramapo is affiliated with countless potential jobs. Academically, you will find professors that you will love, hate, and everything in between. Once you find your more favorable professors, you have the option (most likely) to retake them. The professors here are my mentors since our classroom sizes are smaller and are more personalized. Outside the classroom, there are a variety of clubs and extracurriculars to identify yourself with. There are also plenty of places to explore within Mahwah. As a commuter, I am always on campus with clubs. The high school I attended was mostly white, so coming here was a culture shock in not feeling like a minority anymore. Make the most of your opportunities.