Ramapo College of New Jersey Reviews

Very friendly environment. Awesome staff and a lot of opportunities. Numerous resources to excel at academics and ECAs.
A beautiful campus with dedicated and friendly staff. Great college culture and contentedness among students. Small enough to know people but big enough to meet new people.
I am in the Social Work program at Ramapo College of New Jersey. The faculty are extremely knowledgeable and work hard to ensure that each student has a clear understanding of the material. The school was extremely helpful during the spring semester when I became homeless and quickly needed to find a place to live. Working with the Residence Life department they were able to get into student housing, where I was able to move into an apartment on campus. The college faculty and staff are always will to spend the time to assist the students with any and all of their needs.
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
Overall, I am currently enjoying my experience here at Ramapo. I'm heavily involved around campus. I'm a resident assistant at the Overlook, I work for admissions and give out tours as well as working in the president's office. I enjoy the work environment that I am in as well as my classes. As an art major the class sizes are on the smaller side compared to the average here. I loved all my professors I have had so far and they are really supportive towards their students. I feel at home when I'm at Ramapo; I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
If you're looking for a small campus where professors, advisors and counselors would be able to get to know you, then Ramapo might be the best choice! You don't need shuttle bus to get to class. Class average size is 23. Also, dorms are really nice that comes with fridge and microwave!! Also, each dorm has their own bathroom.
I love this college! The class sizes are small so every professor can really get to know each of their students. It is the kind of environment I enjoy being in and is academically rigorous. I have to say, though, I wish there was more for me to do outside of my academics. There is a large amount of time where nothing happens even if I am involved with four or five clubs.
Ramapo is a very interesting place it has a lot of potential, but it’s all about what you make of it. A lot of students go home during the weekends.
I loved how the people at Ramapo deal with diversity, everyone there is really friendly and open to interracting with others. It’s not such a big school so you don’t have to travel so far for classes. RCNJ loves its students
Ramapo’s campus is Unbeatable. The area is beautiful. The surrounding area has mountains, hiking, horses, and beautiful scenery. For the cost of tuition, the school has a very good value.
Ramapo has been the best school I could ask for. The office of special services, which help with students with disabilities, has helped me more times than i could count. Free laundry and free printing also come in handy. The knowledgeable professors and small classes shape an excellent educational system. The only thing that could be improved in my eyes is the food offered.
People do not see the perks of living on campus such as free laundry, AC, heating, your own bathroom, microwave and fridge... IT IS ALL PART OF THE TUITION. The other colleges I visited it was all extra. Plus, free printing !!!!
I am a biology major and I am commuter. At first, I wanted to become a doctor but Ramapo inspired me to follow my passion for forensic science. I’ve been at Ramapo for four years and my experience here has been nothing but amazing. I made friends for the rest of my life. Being a biology major has flourish my passion for plants.
I am going to be a Sophomore at Ramapo and I could not be any happier. My first here was amazing and I loved living on campus. I loved living on campus - I lived in Mackin Hall. The room is spacious and there is a dining hall right next to the dorm. It was very convenient since the business school is also so close to. Can't wait for the next 3 years.
Ever since the first time I visited Ramapo, I knew it was my home. There are incredible staff members and professors always available to help, plenty of ways for students to get involved, and a beautiful campus. It is truly an amazing place.
Professors care a lot for their students. They take the time to listen and work with their students one-on-one when needed and are quick to respond to emails.
Few class options to choose from. Registering for classes is a HASSLE! Before I decided to transfer, my attempt at registering for the Fall semester was nearly impossible. They offered TWO Accounting classes that I needed- both filled to capacity. When emailing to see if I could be overridden into them, I was told no due to already having a 50+ person waitlist. The thing with Ramapo is, they won't add more classes- you just have to deal. Meanwhile the college I'm transferring to continues to keep adding classes upon classes because of high student request volume.

Every class I had was a repetition of powerpoints they had already sent us. We did no in class work for any of my classes. I had ONE professor throughout the entire year that actually tried to teach anything at all. Financial Aid won't send you your refund until semester is nearly ending even though it's meant for college related expenses. Cliqueish. Dead weekends. Security is AWFUL!
Ramapo has a great student life, there is something going on almost everyday of the week. They are very inclusive, as the do not just focus on people who dorm but there is also a very large focus on commuters. The professor care about their students and want to see them succeed.
Start Your Review of Ramapo College of New Jersey
Ramapo College is an amazing school. It is on a beautiful nature centered campus, with small class sizes and staff who really care about students' success. I just wish there was a bit more diversity.
I still can’t believe I will be graduating soon. My experience at Ramapo has been nothing but amazing. Ramapo makes sure to be a home away from home. I love how I never had an issue here. I always got the classes that I wanted and never had a problem to go out at night. There are SO MANY events going on. My four years has been nothing but the best!
I love Ramapo for so many reasons. First, every professor knows my name. This is very important to me because you are able to develop a relationship with them. Second, the campus is SO NICE. I feel safe walking around here at any time. Third, they want you to succeed. There are always internships opportunities and they really help you find the right internship for you.