Radford University Reviews

1,429 reviews
Attended my freshman year and hated every minute of it. The people are rude and close minded, and there is nothing to do on campus if you arent into partying. The food is horrible and consists of only fast food opinions. There isnt many good off campus options either, unless you want to drife to Blacksburg or Roanoke.If you aren't into partying and Greek life and actually care about your education, then stay away. Almost everyone I know transferred out including myself.
The thing I favor and cherish most about Radford University is that there are many opportunities for you to be involved in extracurricular activities. Far too often people are going away to school to focus on the "college experience" (partying) and eventually end up wasting their time and their money. Students need to be driven by success and the extracurriculars that Radford provides help you focus and branch out while maintaining your good academic standing.
I love the experience I have had at Radford. When I first visited the campus I fell in love with it. There are several eating places located close to campus. I also can go to Walmart and a mall via the transportation bus. Sticking to policies of how selection of housing is done.
Start Your Review of Radford University
Fell in love with Radford during my first visit as a senior in high school four years ago. The campus size is manageable and well-kept; the city itself is close-knit and convenient as everyone both on and off campus are but a short walk away. Though the environment may not be fitting for everyone, those who experience Radford know of its one-of-a kind like quality. I don't believe I could have went anywhere better.
My name is Emilie and I am currently an incoming junior, currently still a sophomore, at Radford University. Radford is a very comfortable, homey, and inspiration seeking college. I had the hardest time picking somewhere that felt right for me as I already have major social anxiety, and the connections, people, staff makes it feel like I am leaving my home every time I leave there.
The staff and teachers at this school are second to none. Every class I have taken has felt very involved and interesting. The school is very safe with resource officers being on campus and a police station located just across the street. The facilites and services available ensure a well informed and comfortable stay while attending Radford University
I really love my university. Radford is an school where it is very diverse,you see people from all types of backgrounds interact with eachother. People here is very outgoing and always looking to meet new people. As a freshman coming into college I was kinda scared because I didn’t know what to expect. I figured I would be looked at different for attending an PWI instead of an HBCU but it was totally opposite. Radford University welcomes me with open arms,from the day I set foot on campus I knew it was the school for me. I could feel the peacefulness in the area because where I’m from there’s really isn’t any place you can go and be safe. I felt at home going to Radford and is looking forward to my Fall semester as an sophomore.
Radford has a home feeling. The academics are excellent . The people are friendly. The scenery is beautiful.
I like that the fact that the teachers are always a phone call away to help you. I also like the different activities and clubs you can really enjoy.
Beautiful campus with stunning facilities and resources. Blown away by my tour and couldn't wait to visit again. Intrigued by the activities available for students. My sister had the time of her life on a study abroad trip to the Bahamas. Once again, it's a one of a kind place with great academics and people.
The campus was very clean and open with friendly students. The campus also offers a lot of clubs and jobs for the students with a great library with many places for quiet studies. I believe that my school provides many great opportunities to those who seek them. Professors are always looking to help students find jobs or internships that pertain to student's major.
Radford University is an affordable school. They work with you in the financial aid department and try to help you receive the most funds as possible. Not only is the school affordable, but it is a beautiful campus. I felt like I received my moneys worth with the multiple things they offer on campus, from the amazing food, on-campus activities, and location. There are plenty of things to do on and off campus, I never got bored.
Radford University is a very good university. I love the campus and all the activities the school offers! I also like that the classrooms are a good size and the professors actually know the students by name not some number.
I transferred to Radford this past year and my transition was very easy. I am still learning the ins and outs of the university and plan to maximize more of the available resources this upcoming year.
During my time with Radford so far as been an experience to say the least. Everyone there has been welcoming and nice. The campus is always lovely to look at and walk around. Granted the party scene can be a bit much, but if you're into that then you will like it. As for someone who is not a big fan, there is enough to do to keep you busy.
Great university tucked away in the New River Valley in one of the most beautiful places in Virginia. Academia is quality too.
My experience at Radford University so far as been good. The food on campus is good but it tends to get old fast, since there are only about nine places to eat on campus and sometimes these places are not even open. On campus housing needs to be cleaned better and their process for placing students in housing needs to take into account students needs and requests, considering how much it costs to live on campus. I mean the largest student housing building on campus does not even have air conditioning. Radford University has many emergency phones on campus in case of an emergency and the university is well lit, but the area surrounding the campus, where most parties are held are not as well lit or have programs in place to keep students safe.
Start Your Review of Radford University
I love the small class sizes, and that all of my professors genuinely care about investing in their students. One thing that I'd like to see, however, is more curriculum consistency when it comes to what different sections of the same class are learning.
I love that Radford University is a medium sized campus. I also love the teacher to student ratio. Radford University has many clubs and organizations. The Radford University community strongly recommends student involvement around campus.
Radford has a lot of opportunities, but can be hard to find out about some of them. Be sure to take the time to see what is going on on and around campus.