Quest University Canada Reviews

The block plan does not allow students to have any life outside of academics. It is much more work than play. I would not recommend attending Quest. It is still up and coming and you will be disappointed. The school expects everything is student run and when you cannot accomplish something the school blames you. I feel tricked by the admissions office. You will have a better experience else where.
I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE NICHE INFO, AND I MUST SAY THE ARE GOOD. IS A NICE PLACE TO LEARN, BOTH ONLINE AND OTHER WISE, THEY ARE JUST THE BEST.
I have found that the majority of professors here are amazing. They are all super knowledgeable and the majority really do care about their students. Classes are small which is nice so you can get to know professors better.
Start Your Review of Quest University Canada
The school is still new, so that is the hardest part as some people just don't know about us. But Quest students come out with a lot of valuable experiences they can use to market themselves to potential employers.
The school is super safe, biggest safety issues are wildlife that come onto campus because we are so close to the forrest.
The dorms are pretty amazing. Still fairly new, pretty spacious, generally in good condition. The only issue is that the prices for them are fairly steep and you have to live on campus, so housing costs are pretty high.
The gym is perfect for the size of the student population and I can always find equipment to use when I get there. The sports teams are fairly good, and the men's games are well attended. Women's games are not which is a bummer since they are the better teams but they do still have a loyal fanbase. Intramurals are super popular and a great way to meet new students.
Quest has ended up being the perfect place for me. I found a professor here who teaches exactly what I want to study and is incredibly supportive about the things I want to do with my education. I am definitely happy I ended up here.
Quest is situated in the sea to sky region half an hour north of Vancouver. Coming from the eastern U.S. I was instantly charmed by the friendly people, spacious dorms, and amazing surroundings. When I decided to attend I couldn't wait to start. The first few months were great. I was in courses with the right level of challenge, I was enjoying going on runs in the mountains, and I made a few social connections. However, as time went on I began to find the social life less and less rewarding. I had a few friends I really connected with, and we became a small clique, but I felt cut off from the community as a whole. A lot of people just don't go outside their dorms, which is odd for a small residential liberal arts college. There were a few bullies on campus who made life difficult for everyone else. The administration would turn the other way, or even blame the victims. One guy vandalized a lot of property, got caught and received no punishment. Things were constantly being vandalized or stolen. People falsely accused each other of sexual harrasment for fun. There was constant drama about a minor sexual assault that happened a few years ago. I had to put locks on the cupboards because my food got stolen so often. Another student threatened me with physical violence because he/she "didn't like my redneck accent". My bike was stolen. I began to go for long runs in the woods to avoid after class to avoid people. I stored a lot of my food and clothing in a tent in the woods because it was less likely to get stolen. I started to hang out with guys i met in town because I couldn't stand people at quest. In the end I was couch surfing and living in the woods for weeks. I went to campus only to take classes and to check in on my roommate and use his bathroom to shave. I am now transferring to my local community college to complete my degree. It was a waste of time, and slightly traumatic.
The post grad services are abysmal. I am trying to transfer to another college. I filled out a form to send the transcripts over. They told me the transcripts would be mailed next Thursday and arrive at the other college in five days. That didn't happen. It has now been three weeks, and I have been calling and emailing almost everybody. My requests have been met with bored hostility. Apparently nobody in the office knows who mailed them and they don't want to mail any more. I may not be able to meet the admissions deadline at the college I am transferring to. Its a nightmare. Once you have stopped paying money to quest they don't care about you.
A lot of the professors have a passion for teaching and they are very professional. I had one who didn't seem to care and another who gave vague confusing instructions, kept changing due dates, and assigned way too much busy work. The course quality is hit and miss. It seems that the Quest doesn't review curriculums. They just let profs do what they want. It feels like people just throw things at the wall and see what sticks
The courses were really hit and miss. Some were informative, and some were just powerpoint presentations that went on for hours and the prof literally just read off the slides. You are required to take a few courses as foundations which have absolutely no value. There are two courses "evolution" and "what is life" which cover the same ground, and are both required to graduate. Other courses the professors will assign so much work that you won't sleep. Those courses you will learn a lot in, but its a wasted effort because other colleges and employers will laugh when they see your transcript. The courses have really corny names like "what is life?", "self, culture and society", "how do magnets work?" etc.
The academics are intense. Like I mentioned, a person has to be committed to being challenged intellectually to thrive at Quest. The work load is intense and the tutors have high expectations. However, they also offer personalized attention, office hours, peer tutoring -- tons of resources. Your success only depends on your willingness to work hard and rise to the challenge.
Quest is garnering a good rep. Our alum have been accepted into prestigious colleges for graduate studies (Yale, Colombia, London School of Economics, to name a few). Some have gone on to med school, others have been hired to work at consulting firms. Like other undergrad degrees, the job market isn't exactly blooming with job opportunities for contemplative degrees like liberal arts and sciences, but the same could be said for degrees offered by traditional institutions (like English, linguistics, history, etc.). The difference with Quest is the structure of the degree allows you to begin following leads to work for organizations, intern, research, etc., as a graduation requirement. The flexibility allows students to begin creating opportunities for themselves early on.
Our weakest housing -- the villages -- are in pretty buildings. The top floor rooms have INSANE views of the Chief and the surrounding mountains and the Howe Sound. Every room has a balcony and the rooms are really nice -- not your typical dingy, windowless rooms. Our nicest rooms on campus are literally apartments with several bedrooms, full kitchens (including dishwashers, stoves, full fridges, etc.), huge balconies, and views either looking into the forest or out into the mountains.
Quest totally renewed my commitment to academia. The teachers are only paid to teach and so the education is unparalleled. Our teachers (or "tutors" as we call them) give their undivided attention to their students. We design our own degree, giving us the freedom to pursue interdisciplinary approaches to topics we are passionate about. The academics are rigorous, so I wouldn't recommend Quest to somebody who is just looking to get a degree. Quest is for people who are committed to being challenged intellectually. Quest is the only school I can imagine being at.
We have one of the nicest soccer fields in North America. Our basketball teams are often undefeated and other teams have reported to media outlets that away games at Quest are intimidating because student athletic event attendance by student body is insane. We all come and we go all out in showing support for our teams.
Start Your Review of Quest University Canada
Squamish is great for outdoorsy people. You seriously can't pick a better place. For those who are not such big fans of the outdoors, there is great dining in town. The locals are very friendly. The town is cute, and not too far from Whistler and Vancouver. The Greyhound station is very close to the school so pretty easily accessible to get into the big cities.
My experience has been pretty good. The community is supportive and fun - there is always something going on so you can't really get bored. Classes are engaging, the block plan is an interesting system. I think the biggest downfall for me is the distance to the city (not that you have too much time to get into town anyways). But sometimes I miss civilization. However, you are in pristine forests with plenty of access to trails, lakes, and mountains. I would choose Quest again because it is turning me into a more well-rounded person. I am gaining necessary skills (critical thinking, collaboration) that will benefit me for the rest of my life. I don't think I would benefit so much from attending a "typical" university
Because Quest is so young it's hard to evaluate the value of the degree. A lot of graduates at in grad school, law school, and medical school. You can definitely get places with it, but you have to find opportunities and connections, and often explain the merits of Quest. I have talked to professors at larger schools and they are all very excited about Quest - as long as you can get your necessary pre-requisites.