Purdue University Northwest - Calumet Reviews

This school needs more teachers that are fluent in English. They also need to renovate their gym area because right now it is the smallest gym possible.
I love that Purdue offers an RN- BSN program exclusively online. There are no clinical hours and I can be a Purdue student in my own home. The nursing advisors are excellent and very helpful. Each class is 5 weeks and the program is 15 months long.
The teachers here are friendly and give students the push they need to strive for A's and B's. Every building has nice, spacious lounges where students can meet, talk, play, and discuss various projects for their respective classes. Campus grounds are designed expertly; nothing feels too far away. The only real gripe I have is that online resources and campus computers can cause frustration at times, but that's about it.
Start Your Review of Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
I was able to take classes in high school for Purdue credits and have been a part of this school since even before then.
The campus is great. It is easy to move from place to place. The professors I have had so far make it easy to learn.
For being a small school, you definitely get a sense of campus while here. There is such a diverse range of students, and the professors are nice and very helpful. The only thing I wish there was more of is recycling bins. They are very hard to find sometimes.
I am a freshman at PNW and absolutely love it! I just moved into my dorm this semester and the set-up is awesome! My classes last semester were great, the instructors were awesome and approachable. I love PNW!
I enjoyed many of my interactions with the faculty and other students. Thanks to the Purdue Career Center I was able to land my very first job, as a Girl Scouts Counselor.

However at this time, I am only willing to give Purdue three stars because of the recent merger. The Purdue Calumet and North Central campuses have merged and it has not been a beneficial change for the students.

The initial merging seemed unorganized, in a disarray, and there are still echoes of this throughout the universities. Finally, the administration's decisions are not clear or thoroughly explained.

Go to Purdue for the professors, staff, and on campus resources. However if you are looking for a school with good central leadership, then you are on your own.
The overall administration is good. The registrar and financial aid offices are especially helpful and effective. Some of the facilities are old and worn but bearable. The teachers of the education department are amazing and create a great environment for us to learn in. Top notch!
Purdue univerity northerwest calumet is one of the best school I had never attend. Starting from administrative office to the professors, they are all friendly and accommodating. They know what they are doing. Once you speak up, they will try their best to assist you. There are enough resources for the students to learn.
Their business department and advisors are very good. The only trouble I had was when classes were full at the Hammond campus and I had to commute to the westville campus every week, then rushing back to the Hammond campus in 40 minutes.
Purdue Northwest is a good school in a small community. With 15,000 students we are ranked as 5th largest in Indiana. Me personally, I like it alot. It's comfortale, clean, and challenging. They offer a variety of programs and have highly qualified professors. Academically is somewhat challenging, but what is there to expect. Life at Purdue there is calm and easy to engage into a class. The adversity there is broad, everyone is pretty friendly. Also class room sizes are fairly proportioned. No class to big, so you get to work alot with your professors.
Purdue University Northwest-Calumet is a smaller university and I feel that because of that it provides me personally with a better education. You are able to interact more personally with professors due to smaller class sizes.
Purdue has great diversity. They have Excellent programs and offer a peaceful and safe environment. Needs more activity among students
Purdue has been a pretty good school overall. The advisors are exceptional, the campus is always clean, and they try to involve all students and faculty in activities very often. Up until this semester I loved it. The merging of the two campuses has more drawbacks than success. Many of us have one students are forced to go to westville and vice versa, classes are already taken up, they don't offer enough classes for all the students they hold. The merge was a waste if it is inconveniencing most students.
Very pleasant experience staff was very helpful and had a lot delightful and well-known information. Talked about a lot of hands-on activities that mad a student like me more interested and excited to become a student to see what purdue has in store for me.
Pretty good school. Really cares about students and wants them succeed in all aspects of life. Good environment and teachers and makes receiving help easy.
Start Your Review of Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
While attending Purdue University Northwest, I consider myself a more cultured individual. The campus is widely diverse and the opportunities for self-expression are endless. The education I have received has led me to broaden my scope of employment after graduation. I have been exposed to networking opportunities, and the extracurricular activities have supported me academically. However, the safety issues pose a problem for students. The location has a relatively high crime rate, and there has been attempted robberies near the area. The on-campus police do a great job at offsetting the surrounding crime. It is a secure, safe campus. Nevertheless, I would not recommend walking alone at night in Hammond, Indiana without sufficient protection. Even so, Purdue University Northwest is a great campus to cultivate one's future. There are opportunities unlike any university I have visited.
Biggest waste of my money. This school merged with another. I was told we would not have to take classes at the other campus (over 40 miles away) to find that this was a lie (across all majors.) If you are literally trapped in Northwest Indiana, go to IUN or IUSB. If not, go elsewhere. Literally attend ANYWHERE else.
Very good school with a nice campus and mostly good teachers. Some of the teachers really care for the students while some just don't care. A lot of the teachers are foreign and are hard to understand but know their subject well.