High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.59 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.60 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.60 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.62 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.89 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses
Colleges like Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
- C+Indiana University - Northwest
- 4 Year
- Gary, IN
- 646 reviews
- B-Purdue University Northwest - North Central
- 4 Year
- Westville, IN
- 385 reviews
- BUniversity of Southern Indiana
- 4 Year
- Evansville, IN
- 817 reviews
- A-Valparaiso University
- 4 Year
- Valparaiso, IN
- 979 reviews
Purdue University Northwest - Calumet Reviews
Review Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
If you want one of the top engineering schools, pick Purdue Northwest. The diversity of the students, the beauty of the campus, and most importantly the dedication of my professors to helping me strengthen my strong points and refine my weak points are only three examples of what makes Purdue phenomenal! I couldn't have made the Dean's List 7 consecutive semesters without the support, guidance and diligence of my professors.
While attending Purdue University Northwest, I consider myself a more cultured individual. The campus is widely diverse and the opportunities for self-expression are endless. The education I have received has led me to broaden my scope of employment after graduation. I have been exposed to networking opportunities, and the extracurricular activities have supported me academically. However, the safety issues pose a problem for students. The location has a relatively high crime rate, and there has been attempted robberies near the area. The on-campus police do a great job at offsetting the surrounding crime. It is a secure, safe campus. Nevertheless, I would not recommend walking alone at night in Hammond, Indiana without sufficient protection. Even so, Purdue University Northwest is a great campus to cultivate one's future. There are opportunities unlike any university I have visited.
There are plenty of areas around campus for big and small groups to relax or work on projects for a class! There is something new each day you walk in the doors! I like how small the campus is, it takes at most 10 minutes to get from one point to the next. I can't wait to see what's ahead as I continue my education at this school!