High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.59 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.66 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.66 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.68 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.95 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses
Colleges like Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
- C+Indiana University - Northwest
- 4 Year
- Gary, IN
- 659 reviews
- B-Purdue University Northwest - North Central
- 4 Year
- Westville, IN
- 390 reviews
- BUniversity of Southern Indiana
- 4 Year
- Evansville, IN
- 854 reviews
- A-Valparaiso University
- 4 Year
- Valparaiso, IN
- 1,007 reviews
Purdue University Northwest - Calumet Reviews
I played basketball for Purdue Northwest. I had a great experience academic wise and found which major I wanted to pursue— nursing. However, I found there wasn’t too much to be involved in on campus, even being an athlete. PNW just joined NCAA DII so I hope to see them gain some ground athletically and grow their university numbers wise in the next decade or so. Unfortunately, I suffered a career-ending knee injury which required surgery. Now, my plan is to attend UW-Madison in the fall of 2018. I will no longer have an athletic scholarship, so I am avidly seeking scholarship opportunities wherever they may be!
I'd initially been apprehensive about PNW, for it hadn't been my first choice to attend, yet upon the start of my freshman year, I grew to love the university and its quality of education. With class sizes ranging on the smaller side, students are granted a more personalized experience, allowing for better comprehension of subject material and more attentive professors. Coursework, albeit sometimes challenging, really prepares students for their majors and future careers while simultaneously expanding one's horizons. As an English Writing major, my courses are obviously comprised of a lot of writing; however, the curriculum extends into other areas of writing, other possible career paths pertinent to my major, that I'd never before considered. Thus, it opens up a myriad of new opportunities for me later on. Overall, PNW upholds exemplary educational standards and fully develops students for their desired professions.
If you want one of the top engineering schools, pick Purdue Northwest. The diversity of the students, the beauty of the campus, and most importantly the dedication of my professors to helping me strengthen my strong points and refine my weak points are only three examples of what makes Purdue phenomenal! I couldn't have made the Dean's List 7 consecutive semesters without the support, guidance and diligence of my professors.