High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.59 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.64 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.64 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.66 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.93 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses
Colleges like Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
- C+Indiana University - Northwest
- 4 Year
- Gary, IN
- 656 reviews
- B-Purdue University Northwest - North Central
- 4 Year
- Westville, IN
- 389 reviews
- BUniversity of Southern Indiana
- 4 Year
- Evansville, IN
- 839 reviews
- A-Valparaiso University
- 4 Year
- Valparaiso, IN
- 998 reviews
Purdue University Northwest - Calumet Reviews
I played basketball for Purdue Northwest. I had a great experience academic wise and found which major I wanted to pursue— nursing. However, I found there wasn’t too much to be involved in on campus, even being an athlete. PNW just joined NCAA DII so I hope to see them gain some ground athletically and grow their university numbers wise in the next decade or so. Unfortunately, I suffered a career-ending knee injury which required surgery. Now, my plan is to attend UW-Madison in the fall of 2018. I will no longer have an athletic scholarship, so I am avidly seeking scholarship opportunities wherever they may be!
If you want one of the top engineering schools, pick Purdue Northwest. The diversity of the students, the beauty of the campus, and most importantly the dedication of my professors to helping me strengthen my strong points and refine my weak points are only three examples of what makes Purdue phenomenal! I couldn't have made the Dean's List 7 consecutive semesters without the support, guidance and diligence of my professors.
While attending Purdue University Northwest, I consider myself a more cultured individual. The campus is widely diverse and the opportunities for self-expression are endless. The education I have received has led me to broaden my scope of employment after graduation. I have been exposed to networking opportunities, and the extracurricular activities have supported me academically. However, the safety issues pose a problem for students. The location has a relatively high crime rate, and there has been attempted robberies near the area. The on-campus police do a great job at offsetting the surrounding crime. It is a secure, safe campus. Nevertheless, I would not recommend walking alone at night in Hammond, Indiana without sufficient protection. Even so, Purdue University Northwest is a great campus to cultivate one's future. There are opportunities unlike any university I have visited.