SAT Scores Range
ACT Scores Range
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.59 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.60 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.60 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.62 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.89 responses
After Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses
Purdue University Northwest - Calumet Reviews
Review Purdue University Northwest - Calumet
There are plenty of areas around campus for big and small groups to relax or work on projects for a class! There is something new each day you walk in the doors! I like how small the campus is, it takes at most 10 minutes to get from one point to the next. I can't wait to see what's ahead as I continue my education at this school!
Overall, Purdue is a great local school to go to if you live in the area, and do not want to travel far away for college. Many professors and counselors are willing to work with you to help you plan your classes and get you on track for graduation, however, because it is more of a commuter campus, it is very easy to get distracted with other aspects of life such as working, socializing, and family. There are very nice dorms available for students which I would highly recommend in order to have very little room to miss class due to commuting issues. It would also put the student in a better position for a job on campus, which is great because most student jobs are not too demanding and allow you to study on the clock.
I am a recent transfer student from a private university and so far I love it here. I like how everyone commutes because my old school was small and everyone lived there so everyone already had their friend groups and commuters were kind of the odd ball out. Not that I care all that much because I have never been a really social person. I love all my professors, they are very knowledgeable and helpful. The campus is pretty nice and I love how 5 buildings are connected by one hallway. I don't have many complaints for Purdue Cal!