Prairie View A & M University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.148 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.162 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.161 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies90 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies68 Graduates
Chemical Engineering62 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering47 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities46 Graduates
Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies43 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.192 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.216 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.103 responses
Prairie View A & M University Reviews
For the two years I have attended Prairie View as a nursing major I have been getting nothing but help when it comes to classes or mentoring. My advisers are always willing to help, but then there are also student organizations on campus that are also there to help you succeed. I had no problems with on campus housing or campus buildings because they always kept you aware of everything that will be going on. Prairie View has helped me become a better version of myself and with me going to their college of nursing in Fall 2018 I will become even better!
I've always wanted to attend a HBCU and I think PVAMU was the perfect school for me. The people here treat you like family and care about what you're trying to make out of yourself. You meet so many good people that you'll have a long lasting relationships with. The thing I would like to see change is more on campus housing. More and more families and students hear about PVMAU every year and would like PVAMU to be about of their lives. Once I have my own children, I would love for my students to attend my future alma mater. I love Prairie View A&M University and I'm a panther forever!
My experience at this University was like no other! The campus has a very welcoming spirit to all visitors and incoming freshman. I didn't look at this campus as just the college I was attending, but more or so a family! I wouldn't change my experience at all. I've met some lifelong friends that I can truly say that has my back. Of course there's are going to be a couple of issues here and there with teachers, peers, and financial aid, but overall the experience made a huge and positive impact on my life.