Prairie View A & M University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.148 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.161 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.160 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies90 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies68 Graduates
Chemical Engineering62 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering47 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities46 Graduates
Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies43 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.191 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.215 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.103 responses
Prairie View A & M University Reviews
Prairie View is very unique. We have so many different opportunities and organizations to assist us in advancing our knowledge and education. I like Prairie because it is a very intimate, close net atmosphere. It also one of the best HBCU's in the U.S. We embrace the black culture while also showing appreciation for other cultures. Prairie View a great school to attend. And as everyone knows, Prairie View produces productive people!
My experience at Prairie View is overall really great! There's different types of people from different types of backgrounds, and it is nice to talk to people and everyone is nice. I like PV's dedication to their students, it makes people feel welcomed. I wish the food was better, but it could be worse.
I love the fact that most students are so involved! There are many events and opportunities to get involved on campus and meet new people. I love it! The sporting events are also very exciting to attend, all while being supportive of the sport and our school!