High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.129 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.137 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.136 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities356 Graduates
Social Sciences232 Graduates
Community Health and Preventive Medicine175 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies171 Graduates
Business Administration and Management166 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 94 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.161 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.213 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.90 responses
Portland State University Reviews
I attended Portland State University for graduate school. I cannot comment in the student housing because I lived off campus. I cannot comment on the athletics because I really was not involved in that capacity. Lastly, I cannot comment on campus food or student life. I DID love the academic environment. I earned a M.S. in Education and I found that my professors were great and my fellow students were diverse and intelligent. The campus is beautiful. The Saturday Portland Farmer's Market is located right by the PSU campus. Portland, OR is not the safest city so safety was that of a large city. It is an urban campus. I really loved PSU! I did not party "on campus" much but I lived in the Pearl District in Portland and there is a ton to do in Portland.
Portland State is a inviting environment in which one of the university's main goal is to have everyone feel accepted. I love the diverse group of people on campus and how safe I feel with everyone. The new students I have met now feel like family to me, ones I never would have crossed paths with if I have not attended Portland State University. Also, the dorms are clean and feel homey just as if you were at home! This is one of the other reasons I love Portland State. Besides the students and dorms, the campus is located in downtown Portland which is amazing since you are able to see new art, people, and shop around. Overall, Portland State is an amazing university to attend and they only give students the best possible opportunities.
Portland State University is a great sustainable and forward moving college. A lot of the teachers worked in the city and have great industry knowledge. Being near the heart of Portland, PSU provides in-depth knowledge and insight to the community. Academics, programs, and administration are amazing. Advisers work above and beyond for their students. The local food carts also make for a great campus living experience!