Pomona College has everything you might expect from one of the nation’s finest liberal arts colleges. But before you assume we're generic, consider that we are within an hour of mountains, deserts, beaches and the country’s second largest city. Our Los Angeles-adjacent location is as stellar a launching pad for those in the arts as those interested in tech. Pomona is also one of the 5 Claremont Colleges, a consortium enabling its students to cross-register for 2,700 classes and mingle with over 6,000 peers across our campuses. So even though our small classes (averaging 15), strength across the curriculum (with 48 majors) and tight-knit residential life (4 years guaranteed housing) might seem common, Pomona College is unique. Founded in 1887, in a state whose motto is “Eureka!”, we pride ourselves on being an incubator for ideas. Our diverse student body reflects our commitment to access and equity, with 42% domestic students of color and 11% international students (from 59 countries).
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.27 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
Philosophy, Politics & Economics Major at Pomona
The interdisciplinary major PPE originated in the 1920s at Oxford. In Pomona’s structured yet flexible program, students take four classes from each discipline before choosing an area of focus. PPE majors will take classes from any of the 35+ faculty in these departments and will leave Pomona with a variety of career options, including but not limited to law, business, and public service.
- of students say they don't have Greek life.33 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.35 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses