Polk State College Reviews

1,290 reviews
Well upon talking to employees and professors that work their, I feel that these are people who care about you and want to see you succeed in the world.
The campus is beautiful. The athletics are fun to watch and students get in free to home games. Everyone at Polk State is super friendly and willing to help with just about anything. The Library and TLCC offer a variety of aids for academics including tutors, computers, and quiet rooms.
Polk State has helped me complete a lot of the college classes that I need for a 4 year institution. Their dual enrollment program is one of the best in polk county. They really helped achieve a lot. They really care about their students.
Start Your Review of Polk State College
Polk State is a great community college with quality education at a fair price. For a small city community college they have many class options, majors, clubs, organizations, and more. They have 4 different campuses placed around the county for convenience. When it comes to local colleges, Polk State College is among the best.
The faculty and staff at the winter haven campus are phenomenal. The campus is beautiful and welcoming. I couldn’t think of a better place to be a student.
This college is great. You learn ALOT!!! Very comfortable environment, friendly and helpful. Finding your place at Polk State is very easy.
Polk is a very helpful school, but they do need help when it comes to the bookstore communicating with professors and vice versatility. I’ve had a lot of troubles with wrong texts.
Advisor friendly, plenty of work study programs, plenty of programs, Scholarships available, very diverse,
Staff is very helpful. Campus is clean and well protected. An intimate campus, makes for easy direction.
Adviser's to give more assistance to students, when requested and not give attitude, Generally just need to be more knowledgeable and helpful
Polk State is the best way to start your college education, while trying to save money and continue a career.
Polk State College offers excellent affordable programs for students who may otherwise not get the chance to attend college. Their art department is truly impressive.
The campus can be very big and confusing, but the students and staff there are very friendly and willing to help you get around. While some teachers and staff are very caring, some just seem like they're there to do a job and don't care about your experience. The campus is very nice and clean as well.
I've had a great experience with Polk State College. I completed all of my prerequisites at this college due to convenient evening classes since I worked a full-time M-F 8-5 job. Some things that I would like to see change would be the wait time to see an advisor. My time is extremely valuable and when I'm waiting an hour to see an advisor it becomes frustrating!
I love my school and I am so glad I chose the route I did with Polk State College. They provide a small-safe learning environment with decently-sized classes and flexible schedules.
Polk State college is located in a great area of Florida. It is filled with dedicated staff and students who are actively involved in events throughout the school year.
Polk State is a small campus, making it very easy to navigate. The majority of the staff and professors are very helpful and passionate in what they do. The campus is beautifully taken care of. The professors go above and beyond to help you become a better person in more than one way. I can see in my GPA the ways going to a smaller college is helping.
Start Your Review of Polk State College
Great experience! Saved a ton of money while figuring out my future. The art professors are more reliable than the advisors at this college at helping you to determine your college path for your degree
Polk State is a great place for individual studies because it is a very remote college that strongly supports dual enrollment and gives students many opportunities to seek assistance or help.
The college is thoroughly involved with their students and they offer great aid in assisting students. However, some of their faculty members and professors can be rude and uninvolved.