1. Pittsburgh, PA
  2. 4 Year

Point Park University Reviews

I am a student in the photography department at Point Park. There is definitely a lot more emphasis placed on COPA majors as well as broadcasting. There are also a lot of unnecessary courses that are part of Point Park's core curriculum. As a photo student, I really expected a more arts-focused curriculum, considering that Point Park is known to be a arts-oriented school. Planning on transferring after this semester.
PPU allows everyone to be themselves and pursue there passions through hands on experience and expert guidance. I love being here and cannot wait to see where the next three years take me.
This University has a unique lifestyle being that it is located in Downtown Pittsburgh. The culture is diverse and the students and professors are welcoming and appreciative of those who are of different ethnicities. Quality education is Point Park's top priority and both students and professors are held at a high standard.
The overall atmosphere of the campus is great! At times it can be frustrating to make a schedule especially if a class is only offered for one time slot, but other than that, they are very commuter friendly and the class sizes are perfect. It fits about 20-25 people per class so you get a real one on one experience.
My experience with this university is amazing. I get to study and hang out with amazing people. The professors here are so kind, helpful, and understanding. The food could be a little bit better, but I still like it here.
I am a Sophomore Dance Major at Point Park University with a concentration in Jazz dance. I love point park and continue to enjoy all of the amazing opportunities in the dance program more and more every semester. The conservatory executes great opportunities to get you ready to be a dancer in the professional world.
I am a current sophomore at PPU. I love the city of Pittsburgh and depending on your major, this school can either be a hit or miss. The campus's location can not be beat, it is in the heart of downtown and has easy access to a lot of food, shopping, museums and ect. The student life and athletics could be a little more enthusiastic but it is slowly building due to the increase of student. All in all, this campus and school is what you make it!
Point Park overall, is a lovely school. However, it has been call a Community College with a Conservatory Program which I don't think is false. The academics here lack highly unless you are a COPA major.
Point Park is just amazing. I love my time in Pittsburgh and the beautiful arts culture that is alive here. I am truly thriving at this school.
This school has such a supportive and welcoming community, it really allows you to focus on being the best version of yourself you can be. I am in COPA and the upper classmen are all so amazing. It gives you something to look forward to while you are going through all the hard work to get there.
I love that the college was in the city of Pittsburgh. Being in such a major city provided a lot of experiences and opportunities. I wished that I would have know just how to go about taking advantage of these opportunities.
Love the air-conditioning in Thayer, don't mind the shower sharing.
  • College Freshman
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
You need to go somewhere else to join a fraternity
We need more sports like swimming or badmition
I miss home, but I love how passionate everyone is.
To date I have not heard encouraging words about job placement; however, that does not mean it is not good
  • College Junior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
I would say there is nothing that stands out about the professors or the courses at the university.
The university should consider upgrading the rooms. Also, Lawrence needs air conditioning.
some answers don't apply as there is no greek life
It is not a school for the athlete. The support is minimal and not heard of.