1. Colorado Springs, CO
  2. 2 Year

Pima Medical Institute - Colorado Springs Reviews

very helpful bring up the scholarships that i was a best match for which is fantastic how it directs you in the right direction.
I have not needed to transfer any credits.
It was kind of hard to figure out at first, also I did email my teacher once and for some reason she did not receive my homework due to tech error.
I know Pima helps you locate work, but I have no knowledge about post-grad services.
  • Dec 29 2015
  • Value
My professor has to be the BEST teacher I have ever had, she does not think once about hurrying the class or skipping any question (and my class had a lot of questions)
lots of great networking connections at pima.
  • Dec 29 2015
  • Value
so far I have only learned about the human, and only math, so I have not started to learn about "vet tech" until 01/04/2016
It can be very hard at times, make sure you study, you will have homework literally everyday.
So far it's been really good. I'm almost done with my first module and even though I transferred most of the "core" classes and tested out of a few others it's been extremely easy to get up to speed. A few reviews talk about bad experiences and instructors/staff that didn't seem to care; that hasn't been my experience at all.

The only thing I would caution is any veteran who is using VR&E get everything straight with the VA end first. I should be getting a Pell Grant disbursement for almost 4K; instead it was used to pay for part of my tuition because my case manager (I'm assuming) jacked up my paperwork.... again so I have to go on-post tomorrow to try and fix it (and ask for a new case manager) then hope I get back-paid.

For those of you who don't know, VR&E is an educational benefit like the GI Bill- and it covers all tuition, books and supplies so my Pell Grant should not have been touched.
I'm so glad I enrolled in Pima. It is very hands on and fast paced. Be extremely prepared and willing to spend hours studying. I dove right into my career.
I still felt like I was in high school. There was a lot of drama the teacher didn't really deal with. And whenever she told us we only had two chances to pass our lab tests, she would give a few certain people multiple chances. No equal treatment.

But, I did make some awesome friends who love animals just as much as I do. So, if you don't mind doing a lot of reading on your own, and teaching yourself a lot of the course work, you'll be fine.
Money Hungry! YOU are a paycheck
Tuition is about $13,000 for 7 months and you do NOT get CERTIFIED in your field. You only get a graduation ceremony and an award of acknowledgement of the courses. The admissions employees are true SALESMEN and tell you what you want to hear. The school tries to save money ANYWHERE they can! You are a paycheck not a person to them no matter what they say.
  • Dec 4 2014
  • Value
You are only allowed to miss 5 days in a 7 month span which is not very much when you think of some people predicaments like parents whose kids get sick, your car breaks down, or holidays. There are only 2 holidays that you get off Christmas and Thanksgiving. You MUST call in sick like a job and if you fail too even in an emergency you are punished academically.
There are no extracurricular activities, no physical library, 2 computer labs but 1 is always designated for other classes and the other lab usually has another classes in there. The network connection is very slow and they have one tech who is rude and is the admissions person with a background of computer. They try and skimp on money where ever they can.
  • Dec 4 2014
  • Campus
The school is money hungry meaning: they stuff your class full of students, you are limited on supplies, some supplies don't work, and they are unwilling to work with you. Example: I was CPR/ First Aid/ AED certified prior to enrolling. You are required by the school to take their CPR( does NOT include AED or First Aid) lessons and charge you $285.00. You can get all 3 certifications for only $120 through the American Heart Association which is the Association the the school goes through to certify you. Everything is over priced. I had been given books from a recent graduate and was told I could NOT use them because they had some high lighting and tabs. So they made me buy brand new books which ARE EXPENSIVE!!!! PLEASE... check all other schools before thinking about attending here. You get an accomplished diplomat not a Certification!! At the community college you get a certification for the same price just a few months more of school. Plus you can miss more than 5 days without being punished!
There are a wide range of students at the school, teen moms, people who are changing their career path, home makers wanting independence. For the most part I have enjoyed all my classmates. You will always have that one person who is ignorant.
Ms. Claire Ivy, who truly cares about her students and wants them to be successful in their externships and career. Unfortunately, there are only 2 staff members who teach Dental Assisting and the second instructor is a dentist. Dr. Holman has been in the dental field for more than 30 years and has tons of experience from a dentist's perspective. She is not as oriented in the ways of an assistant so you won't get as much insight like you would with Ms. Ivy. The grade scale is more intense 100-93= A; 92-85=B; 84-77=C; 76 and below is a FAIL. A lot of the time you spend sitting in your seat waiting for classmates to finish using equipment until you can start.
The course is condensed to 7 months so everything is at a faster pace than most schools. With that being said you have deadline after deadline quiz after quiz and right after a final. With the final and quizzes you get the review the day before so you have one night to study. The program is ran by a wonder full instructorThere are limited supplies( only 2 x-ray machines, 4 dental seats with chaired equipment, 2 model trimmers) so it takes much longer to complete tasks that are graded. This puts more pressure on student and gives them less practice time.
Because it is a shortened course you receive less assistance and when I inquired about needing additional assistance as a single mother. I was given a web site to find them for myself. I had hoped they would genuinely care for their students and want to help make their career advancement as smooth as possible.
  • Recent Alumnus