Pima Community College Reviews

2,080 reviews
Great campuses and great enviroment. I have never felt left out, everytime I have questions or concerns and go to staff faculty they help with the issue immediately.
I like the environment and how you can join a club and feel accepted and yourself and not feel like you are being judged and the professors are always energetic and not afraid to speak their minds
The staff is helpful and competent. Getting information about a program is easy and through. They work with you and stay in touch throughout.
Start Your Review of Pima Community College
While this is the only college I have truly experienced, I think it is the best. I have sat in on a few classes at U of A and it is just so huge. I feel that you get the help and care one needs a Pima. Also, I think the students at Pima are there to get an education and move on in their careers. Pima doe just that at a cheaper and higher quality level.
The professors are your cheerleaders. They truly want to see you succeed and graduate. They always check on you to make sure you understand the material and that is vital when you are an online student. I never felt like I couldn't come to my professors even if personal life spilled over into college life. They were understanding and they are the true reasons why I graduated because without them I don't think I could have made. Especially going back to college so much later in my career.
I would love to see more of a back to school life happen on the first day, such as keeping the excitement going with games and things like that. But overall, I love how resourceful this school is. They want us to succeed, and there's no excuse to not pass or get through your days here.
Generally speaking, most teachers I've had have been great, with a few glaring exceptions. The issue with the school, knocking the couple stars off, is the administration. Most campuses are worthless if you attempt to seek an advisor or help of any kind, you'll get rude, incompetent and uncaring people who don't seem to have any kind of qualification for their job, or any interest in doing it. Classes are offerent inconsistantly and often dropped due to low enrollment, sometimes adding semesters onto your planned graduation.
Most of the instructors are very knowledgable and caring. Ability to take accelerated classes and CLEP helps to graduate faster.
The advisers I have worked with were great and the classes offered help we work toward transferring for my 4 year degree.
I have been attending Pima Community College for a few years. The flexibility in class schedules is awesome for parents and people with jobs. The instructors, counselors, and staff are very helpful with the needs of new and returning students. I am in the Nursing program currently, and it's great, just needs a more flexible schedule. The lab and supplies are up to date. The simulation lab is very helpful and informative. The food is limited and the current selection is not very healthy.
Indeed this College is a wonderful Environment due to, the relationships and bonds between and student and they're teachers. IN addition, the food and service within the Pima community college is outstanding and believe they are doing a excellent job running the place!
Teachers are great! The registration process is pretty easy. The campus is clean. Prices for classes are not too bad. I really enjoyed my experience at Pima Community College.
The teachers and staff are genuinely concerned with their students success. The staff go above and beyond to encourage and empower their students to succeed. Without the help of their advising staff, I wouldn't have even gone back to college.
i started Pima community college in fall of 2015 and i was having trouble on finding a staff member to help me apply for fafsa and guide me in the right direction. i ended up paying out of pocket due to the lack of help. I think they have very solid teachers besides some of the teachers that teach at night. i think pima needs to invest in proper training for their financial aid staff. Ive been on hold with them just for e question for over 40 minutes before i spoke to anyone.
Well when I first got there the advisory was ready to answer all my questions I'am in my 40's and single mom and they have made it easy for me to start my classes
Everything about the college was excellent, from the food to the class rooms. Everything about Pima was perfect and I plan to keep going there!
My family has attended Pima and my Grandfather was a professor for the U of A. My siblings have graduated from U of A with the transfer programs offered through Pima.
Start Your Review of Pima Community College
Pima is a great community college. It's a really good transition from high school to college for those who might need it AND its affordable.
People compare the looks of a community college to the local university, but rarely compare the prices for the same classes. Pima Community College is the best path to an affordable education. The experience is all up to how the student wants it to be.
Small class sizes, Flexible class schedules and lots of online classes available. Pima has campuses all over Tucson so the commute isn't bad either.