Pikes Peak Community College Reviews

1,284 reviews
Pikes Peak Community College is a great school to complete gen ed classes. It is very inexpensive. This is not a school to take major classes in though because the class sizes are too big for major classes and they consistent of people with many different majors.
Great college with excellent teachers and staff. Only once in my 3 years of attending did I ever have a teacher I didn't like. The Multimedia Graphic Design Program was especially good-every teacher felt like they wanted me to succeed and I didn't feel left out of any events.
Coming with a 4.0 and 45 credits from a community college in Minnesota, I enrolled in 1 class because I work full time. My professor refused to work with my learning disability for tests and quizzes so I had to drop the class. When I spoke with financial aid they said it wouldn't be a problem and I wouldn't be charged, then I got a collections notice in the mail 2 months later for the semesters worth of tuition. I've never been late on a payment for anything in my life and now my credit score dropped over 100 points. The attitude that I got from the higher ups while trying to work this out is that they couldn't care less about me, my grades, my life, my hopes for a degree, nothing. This is a community college. They can be as awful as they want and people will still go here because it's cheap and they have no other options. I cannot say that I have spoken with a single helpful person since enrolling here.
Review Pikes Peak Community College
A good option for people who want to get basic coursework or remedial coursework completed. But know what you want to get out of this or you can spend a lot of time and money with classes that will not help you in any way.
Every professor I've had is extremely friendly, helpful, and understand. There are great events for those interested in creative writing.
PPCC has been a great college when it comes to learning the skills of the trade and getting into the workforce as soon as possible and as fully equipped as possible.
Pikes Peak Community College is a great place to start education. I've been going there for about a year and I am very happy with the students and staff that all love what they are doing. All of th professors I have had so far are so passionate about the subject they teach and they make you want to love it too.
Pikes Peak Community College is a great place to start college life. The overall experience is rewarding and educational. However, there are few activities outside the academic realm.
I've really enjoyed attending school here. There's been a few crummy teachers but overall they seem really interested in your success. I took the phlebotomy course in two semesters and got a job that month because Ms. Davis is so well known and respected in the phlebotomy world. Pretty awesome school!
I recently completed my first semester at Pikes Peak Community College, and I enjoyed my classes and teachers. Very friendly staff. The computer lab is pretty awesome and they help you with anything you need. I feel like American lunches are generally unhealthy and school lunches follow that trend unfortunately. School food is usually not healthy and fairly expensive. The layout of the school is a bit strange but I don't have any complaints. I am just thankful that there is a school in Colorado that offers my degree on Zoo tech. where I can interactively work with the school's animals.
I would like admissions to be better at planning out schedules that make sense. I would like more straight forward answers on the phone and for it be easier to talk to the correct person from the record's department
I previously attended PPCC when I was younger and I have returned to work on my Digital Media A.A. PPCC has been very accommodating with advising and ease of access to everything offered on campus. The only thing I have an issue with is the system for online classes. Sometimes my classes would not show up or the system itself would be down thus not allowing me to complete assignments.
At Pikes Peak Community College there is easy access to online courses, which I have taken advantage if. The professors of these classes really work well with any problems you have, and want to see you succeed. I have been able to be successful with the resources given to me through online classes. One complaint I have is that I do not get prompt responses when emailing certain departments of the college. I have to resend the emails a week or so later in order to be sure I receive a reply.
PPCC has great advising and class choices. I enjoyed my time at Pikes Peak Community College greatly.
i love the attentiveness of the teachers and the way they listen. I would love to see more online classes though for those who cant make it to the campus to learn due to jobs or kids.
Pikes peak community college has some good and bad things about it. Some of the good things is all the diverse degrees they offer as well as the many helpful services they have such as learning centers and tutoring in most general subjects. They also have different campuses that you could attend depending on your location in the Springs. What they need to work on is their teachers and lesson plans. So many teachers that I have encountered don't have any enthusiasm in teaching anymore. They are not creative with the way they teach and some seem not to even care about their students or how well they do. All the curriculum's try to fit too much information in, in a little time frame and expect you to learn it with a deep understanding of the material. There are too many exams and not enough homework or class activities. Lectures are the basis of all the teachers lesson plans and most are dry and straight to the point or right out of the book. Also there is not enough parking.
I really enjoyed going to PPCC because all the classes I took there were able to transfer to my University. Also, the professors there were really engaging and helpful as well.
Review Pikes Peak Community College
So far my experience is pretty good. Tuition fee is affordable and the schedules are flexible specially for a mom like me. Everyone is helpful, theres a lot of student supports/services to help you with your classes and They give their all to help you succeed in your study.
Pikes Peak Community College is a very welcoming college. With a diverse population and hard working teachers, there is a encouraging community. The teachers are very invested in the work to make sure the students give there best effort. The student life is very active and welcomes new comers all the time. Pikes Peak is not only an outstanding place to learn but a great place to make friends.
I like that there are multiple campuses each with a very different sub culture. However, I would appreciate if all the entrances and exits to the campuses had handicap buttons for an automatic door.