Philander Smith College Reviews

I love it here at Philander Smith College , much love for the president here to also he's the best !
I absolutely love Philander. The staff are very supportive and wants you to become successful. The students are friendly and I guarantee you will be know. I'm an athlete at Philander and most schools they show favoritism towards athletes,PSC doesn't. Which I'm not upset about. At Philander you aren't given anything,you work for them. Just like real life,jobs not going to be handed out to you. I love my HBCU and wouldn't trade it for any other!
I like how the housing is set up. I would like to see change on the food menu. Overall, Philander is an good HBCU to attend if you're trying to get away to an different scenery.
Review Your College
What I like about Philander is that the professors truly do care, they will try to help you as much as they can and so will the advisers. Honestly all of the staff there is very friendly and helpful, I love my HBCU. But what I would like to see change is more diversity and more job opportunities for students who really want to go to college but seriously can not afford to take out any loans and weren't fortunate enough to get any scholarships.
I like philander because they gave me an opportunity that no one would. What I would change there is probably the sports and more freedom for freshman.
Philander Smith Collegiate Choir came long ways, although the loss of former choir director Dr. Parker was unfortunate the school choir still managed to keep flowing. New Director Mr. Chapel has continued a new path, increasing the choirs Collegiate understanding of music.  Recently Philander Smith Collegiate Choir had travelled down to Fort Worth, Texas to perform collegiate songs for Alumnus, in which, they were given donations for the showcase. Philander Smith's  Choir was also apart of panel discussion for the Presidency inauguration performance, if however, Hilary Clinton won the race. Despite the news of Trump taking the Presidency, Philander Smith Collegiate choir still have a substantial amount of Performances coming
I like how all my professors know me by name ans that i have that one on one with them. i would change the student involvement level.
The quality of the alumni network has a value of a degree from this school.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
My experience with the professors and courses at this school is that most courses are fair just have to listen and most professors here can teach.
I feel safe on campus when I'm in a group.
Living on campus was not the best nor worse option.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
The Greek life here at Philander Smith College affects the social atmosphere of campus because it hypes the school spirit. Greek students are viewed the same as everyone else by non-Greeks and everything.
The athletics at our school is fair. Students show great support & teams perform well. Fan support & school spirit is also excellent!
My overall experience at this school so far is that everyone here get along very well, I also think that this is a great HBCU. I love the library here, one of the top best 5% black historical libraries in Arkansas. Which makes this school very unique. I would choose Philander Smith College over again because everyone is like one big family here and there are many different opportunities here.
Philander Smith has some of the better sounds for HBCU's. They're very spacious and do not have communal bathrooms.
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
Greek Life is very dominant at Philander Smith. The Greeks are pretty lively and hold a lot of other leadership positions on campus
Intramurals are more looked at than varsity sports such as basketball and volleyball. They can work on having better workout facilities though.
Review Your College
I've done two summer bridge programs at Philander Smith College so far and they've both been pretty fine. I'm just thankful to have been given the opportunity to receive 15 credit hours before even attending in the fall. However, I'm here now and so far it has been great.
Getting a Degree from this school is an honor beyond measures because it's a private school and one of the well-known Historically Black College Universities in which has a lot of history is here.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
The school is a nice environment small but pretty oriented with everyone and it feels like home along with having a church on campus for sanctuary if needed and good people plus staff who are willing to help you.