Philander Smith is a private, Christian college located in Little Rock, Arkansas. As a historically black college, Philander Smith has a strong history of and commitment to the education of black Americans. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 725 undergraduate students. The Philander Smith acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Business, Biology, and Psychology. Graduating 40% of students, Philander Smith alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $21,300.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.26 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.33 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.17 responses
Colleges like Philander Smith College
- B-University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- 4 Year
- Pine Bluff, AR
- 602 reviews
- B-University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- 4 Year
- Little Rock, AR
- 841 reviews
- B-Henderson State University
- 4 Year
- Arkadelphia, AR
- 714 reviews
- CPulaski Technical College
- 2 Year
- North Little Rock, AR
- 549 reviews
Philander Smith College Reviews
Philander has alot to give back to the community. This Social Justice College has given students the opportunity to fulfill dreams and even make wishes come true. Organizations like The Philander Smith Collegiate Choir, still gives the school enough recognition to be on top of most private HBCUs. The choir is one of the most popular organizations at the school, bringing in funds and notoriety. Academics are great as we all can tell by the Annual Honors Convocation. Greek Life is expanding and Campus Royalty seems to never disappoint their subjects. Philander has taught many people the importance of friendship and loyalty and even about how to live in our best days. Philander Smith College prepares its students to go out into the world to be the best them and to not have to be scared of whatever challenges that come their way. I love my HBCU!
Philander Smith college is a HBCU that makes every student feel comfortable and confident. Their academics are amazing, entertainment is fun, safe and friendly, and their staff strives to make sure every student gets the most of their education. I would recommend this school to any upcoming student looking for an environment where they can grow, learn, and understand the value of their education.
This is my first year at Philander Smith College. With it being a small institution they are very helpful to all of their students. Philander really works with their students on classes, flexibility, and Financial Aid. I have had the pleasure of encountering some very wonderful people. Tamara Bates, Lakiesha Hart, Ms. Donna Collins, Mr. Lloyd Sain etc. are all awesome people. I love Philander Smith College.