Pepperdine University Reviews

1,145 reviews
when I was in 8th grade I remember going to Pepperdine it was the most beautiful collage I've ever seen .The school was huge and it had everything, even a beach near it. They had curiosities the campus was never dirty, they even had there own church.
I'm a freshman at Pepperdine University. When I heard that this was a Christian school, I lot of assumptions ran through my mind. Now that I'm here, I realize that my assumptions were wrong. The school isn't super religious. The only religious thing about it is that we have a convocation requirement. There are also optional worship service that I very much enjoy. The people here are super nice and will not hesitate to help you. The classes can be difficult but the professors are really nice and always willing to help. The view is great and the area outside the school is pretty great, but expensive. I will be studying abroad next year. One thing that I would change about their international program is the locations. I feel that France is a very key study abroad place. However, the IP program does not have a location in France. They do however have a location in Switzerland but I feel that they should have a location in France.
I enjoy mostly the community at Pepperdine. The majority of people here are very genuine and kind. I would like to see the diversity continue to grow and expand. Pepperdine is a big advocate for diversity and inclusion yet, the campus and community could definitely improve in this area. The professors here are mostly very professional and encourage students to come to their own conclusions about things. The greek life at Pepperdine is much more relaxed and enjoyable here than at other schools that may take it more seriously. Rushing is very chill and not everyone does it, so it's not a big deal for those who decide not to do it.
Start Your Review of Pepperdine University
Pepperdine is great for a very small subset of people. I had some wonderful experiences there, but I transferred halfway through my sophomore years due to a sizable list of cons that outweighed the pros. Looking back now while at my new school, I am able to appreciate some things about it, but had you asked me to rate it at the end of my freshman year it would have been a 2 at absolute best. Please, dig into what the atmosphere is truly like there, beyond the picture perfect image they portray.
I think that Pepperdine has offered me opportunities in life that I would never be able to do otherwise. This campus is beautiful, the people are kind. I have been able to meet people from all over the world. Even though this is a majority white campus I am happy to see how this campus brings people from different walks of life together. Amazing abroad program.
I am currently a Freshman at Pepperdine University! I have really enjoyed my experience so far. The professors are very involved, and the academics are quite challenging. The weather is always nice, and the beach is a short drive down PCH!
My experience with Pepperdine University has been fantastic! I am currently a Doctoral Student in the Graduate School of Education and Psychology and feel I am receiving a world class education. My course work is compelling and impactful, and my professors are brilliant and approachable. I believe I fit into the diverse cultural environment. I value the holistic approach to the curriculum and the charge to cultivate the future leaders who can impact the world.
Pepperdine University not only offers a prestigious view from its Malibu campus, but it also provides students with a high-end education as well. Although the grading and work is often rigorous at this university, the learning derived from top-rated doctoral professors is well worth it. Overall, Pepperdine fosters a culture based on good-will, hard work, and appreciation.
Pepperdine University is a challenging, yet very easy-going university. Everyone is friendly and encouraging each other to be the best versions of themselves and work towards their vocation. People are accepting and understanding, and the staff want to do everything that they can to see you succeed in every aspect of life. It is a great school, and a great place to call home!
Pepperdine's got a great view, which makes studying there awesome (if you can focus). The campus life is ok, they've got events going on almost every weekend which is nice. The location is both positive and negative. Positive: 5-15 minutes away from the beach, close to Santa Monica! However if you want to go into LA that'll take at least 45min to an hour. Not possible to get around without a car/friend who has a car. From my experience as a science major, the school offers challenging but interesting courses.
One of the biggest reasons why I chose to attend Pepperdine is because of the International Programs they offer. And let me tell you, studying abroad was probably one of the best decisions i've ever made. Living in Europe has broadened my horizons in so many ways and I've made friendships that will last a life time.
My experience at Pepperdine University was a mixed bag. The school's isolated location makes it safe to walk about at night and due to being situated on a hilltop, boasts some impressive scenery.

The students and faculty are friendly and very welcoming to newcomers. The upper division classes are small and thus, the professors are better able to help students who need help on a class topic.

The campus's isolated location and hillside placement also happens to be its biggest drawback ironically. Getting anywhere can be a pain for people who do not drive and it often takes a good half hour or more to get to someplace as near as Santa Monica. There are also only two ATMs- Bank of America and a general ATM that isn't tailored to any bank. The 2nd one charges a $2 fee every time a person uses them.

The quality, difficulty, and challenge of the GE classes vary wildly by professor.

Overall, Pepperdine is a mixed bag. Friendly students and competent professors but difficult to get around.
Pepperdine university is a great school for academics and to strive for excellence. It is not the place to go if you are looking for a party scene
Most beautiful campus in America. Great school with a great education. The campus is located right across the street from the ocean. They have small class sizes so you are more engaged with your fellow classmates and professors. Safe campus.
I'm an incoming senior and I have to say the past three years at Pepperdine have been incredible. I have gotten to know professors personally and it is apparent that they truly care about their students. As a whole, Pepperdine has a vision for its student body: that they develop lives for purpose, service and leadership. I have to say, they have molded me into these three categories exceptionally well during my short tenure at the university. I can't recommend this place enough, and to put the cherry on top, the campus is virtually paradise.
I love the community of Pepperdine. As a freshman, upperclassmen are more than willing to give you advice and share their experiences with you. The drawback is that each class only gets one year together since Pepperdine sends most of their sophomores abroad. Each year there is an entirely new Pepperdine, which is sad because that awesome community can't grow together.
I have love experience thus far. Class is great and the community is even better. They really care about you and your well being.
Start Your Review of Pepperdine University
I am a freshmen at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. This school is everything I dreamed it to be and I couldn't be more happy that I chose this college to attend for four years. The academics are amazing and the faculty are always there to support you and help you in anything you need. Living in Malibu and on a mountain is also a huge positive because you get to enjoy the nice warm weather year round and have a beautiful Pacific ocean view. The people here are very nice and always have a smile on their face, everyone here is friendly. I would recommend this school to anyone because it is a one of a kind school, and it includes an ocean view and warm weather all year long.
Pepperdine has given me the best four years I could have ever asked for. With small class sizes (avg 15-30), attentive professors and cozy campus, it's the perfect institution for students that prefer a tight-knit community. Most people you meet at Pepperdine are genuine, kind and want to create positive impact in the world.

Academically, it is at times not challenging enough for high-caliber students, but that really depends on the major you choose. Many professors were industry professionals before Professors are usually flexible with due dates and very understanding of students' needs.

The best part of my Pepperdine education was being able to study abroad in Argentina for one academic year. The special thing about Pepperdine's study abroad program is that they have their own campuses instead of placing students in local universities, which has its pros and cons.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Pepperdine and am really sad to be graduating soon!
I had a great time at Pepperdine University. You meet great people, engage in great classes and really discover your most-inner self. It is a true vocational institution. My only problem with the university is the price. It is really expensive, but thankfully they do give out a lot of scholarship money.