Pepperdine University Reviews

1,159 reviews
I really like the school's dedication on students' success. They are really helpful in helping the students get through issues to become successful in the future. However, I would like to see tuition decrease in the near future so that the school is more affordable to students.
Overall, Pepperdine is a great school. There are certainly issues with the school such as petty professors, lack of funding/attendance to athletic events, corrupt and stupid parking rules, over-strictness and others.
It is a well established university with a lot of options, great professors, diverse students and good facilities. I majored in Art Psychology and found it to be one of the best programs.
Start Your Review of Pepperdine University
Pepperdine University is a unique faith-based institution dedicated to academic excellence and Christian values. Located in the heart of Malibu, California, the campus is breathtakingly beautiful and spiritual. The on campus and online faculty are very supportive and experts in their fields. The faculty and university as a whole aims to strengthen students "for a life of purpose, service, and leadership."
I have really been enjoying my time at Pepperdine!
The campus is the most beautiful I have ever seen. That being said, it is built into the side of the Santa Monica mountains, so getting around campus can be annoying and tiring, but free shuttles do circle the campus.
I love the classes and professors! It is a smaller school, which is perfect for me. My largest class right now has about 30 students and my smallest has 4. The professors are very professional and personable.
There are a lot of international students, but besides that, not much racial/ethnic diversity.
Although the school is affiliated with the Church of Christ, there is some religious diversity. However, of you are atheist or find it difficult to coexist with Christians, I don't recommend it.
Pepperdine is an exceptional University! The professors are very knowledgeable in their respected fields! They are encouraging and always helpful! The professors challenge students to think critically and push students to go beyond their capacities.
I am only in my first semester at Pepperdine as a freshman and so far I love it. I love the campus, the diversity of people, the atmosphere and the location. I also love the idea of small class sizes. As a new student, I don't think there's much I would change at this time.
The community at Pepperdine is so strong and inclusive, literally anyone that comes here can find their own unique group of friends or people to hang out with. The teachers are amazing and the campus is beautiful, with a great view of the Pacific Ocean wherever you go on campus.
As an international student from South Africa, Pepperdine University seems like a loving school who welcomes every student despite their background. With its medium sized population of undergraduates, I know I will feel comfortable to be educated in that environment.
Pepperdine is a great school full of opportunity and a vast wealth of knowledge. Tuition can be pricey but the education is worth it.
It was alright, I am transferring now after 2 years there. Their abroad program isn't as good as it's put up to be, and also with a lot of very republican upper class pseudo christians it becomes an uncomfortable and fake environment to be in. Im sure if you fit the stereotype you will have a great time here, but as an international student or just average individual you probably wouldn't enjoy it or get very much out of this rigid average education.
This is an excellent University with a solid reputation nationwide. Having a degree from Pepperdine will open doors of opportunity that you would not otherwise have opened because of the reputation at this school.
Campus- One of the best campuses I've ever seen. Being able to have the beach and mountains as study views gave me the best of both worlds.
Professors- The professors are very involved. Very understanding and super available.
Financial Aid- The counselors were very understanding and helped me apply for scholarships.
Culture- One of the best factors about this school is its culture. Although I went to business school, rather than feeling that competitive pressure, it felt more like a family oriented culture that pushed you and every other student to your limit to get the best potential out of you.
Wonderful professors who want to see their students succeed. Not very much diversity socioeconomically wise, but altogether beautiful campus and friendly environment. Dorms are very outdated and overpriced, its a dry campus so not much of a party scene, but has lots of events and clubs.
when I was in 8th grade I remember going to Pepperdine it was the most beautiful collage I've ever seen .The school was huge and it had everything, even a beach near it. They had curiosities the campus was never dirty, they even had there own church.
I'm a freshman at Pepperdine University. When I heard that this was a Christian school, I lot of assumptions ran through my mind. Now that I'm here, I realize that my assumptions were wrong. The school isn't super religious. The only religious thing about it is that we have a convocation requirement. There are also optional worship service that I very much enjoy. The people here are super nice and will not hesitate to help you. The classes can be difficult but the professors are really nice and always willing to help. The view is great and the area outside the school is pretty great, but expensive. I will be studying abroad next year. One thing that I would change about their international program is the locations. I feel that France is a very key study abroad place. However, the IP program does not have a location in France. They do however have a location in Switzerland but I feel that they should have a location in France.
I enjoy mostly the community at Pepperdine. The majority of people here are very genuine and kind. I would like to see the diversity continue to grow and expand. Pepperdine is a big advocate for diversity and inclusion yet, the campus and community could definitely improve in this area. The professors here are mostly very professional and encourage students to come to their own conclusions about things. The greek life at Pepperdine is much more relaxed and enjoyable here than at other schools that may take it more seriously. Rushing is very chill and not everyone does it, so it's not a big deal for those who decide not to do it.
Start Your Review of Pepperdine University
Pepperdine is great for a very small subset of people. I had some wonderful experiences there, but I transferred halfway through my sophomore years due to a sizable list of cons that outweighed the pros. Looking back now while at my new school, I am able to appreciate some things about it, but had you asked me to rate it at the end of my freshman year it would have been a 2 at absolute best. Please, dig into what the atmosphere is truly like there, beyond the picture perfect image they portray.
I think that Pepperdine has offered me opportunities in life that I would never be able to do otherwise. This campus is beautiful, the people are kind. I have been able to meet people from all over the world. Even though this is a majority white campus I am happy to see how this campus brings people from different walks of life together. Amazing abroad program.
I am currently a Freshman at Pepperdine University! I have really enjoyed my experience so far. The professors are very involved, and the academics are quite challenging. The weather is always nice, and the beach is a short drive down PCH!