Penn State Reviews

6,451 reviews
penn state has a great overall education and the experience is very nice. there is a lot of tourist though.
WE ARE one of the best public universities in the country! Come to Penn State and have one of the best college experiences you could ever have!
Penn State provides an atmosphere for all learning and background differences. The education that I have received has set me up well to further my career while also providing me with teachers that will help me achieve those goals. The countless clubs have made this big school seem "small" and I easily call it my second home.
Start Your Review of Penn State
What I love about Penn State is the sense of community. Almost everyone is welcoming, friendly, and pleasant. I also love how there are so many ways to get involved on campus!
I really enjoy Penn State for all the clubs and activities. I feel like I have the opportunity of a lifetime to go and do something that I want to do! The only thing about Penn State is that almost everyone goes out and parties. That's not me; I don't like to party.
I loved life @ state. You got to shadow a student who goes to Penn state and see the classes. They show you all the different things that Penn State has to offer. I also did spend a summer day which was my first visit at Penn State. Here I got to meet different professor's and learn all about the different things Penn State has to offer.
Great campus and student life, but students have a hard time with all the professors lacking the ability to teach well.
Easy to get to school offices for any needed assistance within courses, tutoring within campus, work study easy to apply.
I've been to Penn State several times. My cousin goes there and is currently the athletic trainer for the football team. I encouraged some girls from my school to go on a campus tour with me and they ended up loving the campus as well!
Penn State, University Park is the most well-rounded university in the country. It offers an excellent education, an enormous alumni network, and an inviting student population with outstanding athletic programs.
My Penn State experience has been very pleasant for the year that I've been going to college. At first it seemed intimidating because of the idea of college life, but after the first few days, I started to get into the swing of things. I made plenty of friends during the first week and felt that not only was I getting a quality learning experience, but also a comforting experience also.
There is so many great resources here! We have the biggest Alumni Association in the nation...because WE ARE! Penn State is nominated for its best academic experiences in and out of the classroom.
My experience is at the University Park PSU campus

I wish there was more time to explore the vast variety of academics available at PSU rather than feeling like the graduation and curriculum timelines drive the educational process.

I also feel that the pretesting ALEX system before freshman year has gaps in proper utilization by advisement staff.

I believe drop-add should extend beyond the first week of class, which is syllabus week.

There is so much information available on this large campus that it becomes overwhelming and polarizing. Everyone should know you can’t process everything in a short amount of time and that is normal.
Since choosing to attend Penn State, I have figured out so much about myself and what I want to do for my future career. I joined organizations and clubs that match my interests of helping others, listening to music, and working out while fulfilling my course work. It has given me so many resources and opportunities to pursue my passions while building not only my character but also my resume.
Penn state is the greatest experience i have ever had. when it comes to academics resources and student life, it is a great school to attend.
Pennstate is a great University to get involved with academically, Pennstate gives everyone a chance to run at their own pace and achieve the goals they have set for themselves for the semester.
I love the diversity at Penn State and the academic opportunities. What I don't like is the amount of stress put on students academically.
Start Your Review of Penn State
Penn State provides opportunities for people from all walks of life to thrive. There are hundreds of clubs to get involved with, the campus is extremely beautiful and welcoming, and it is a great place to be a student. WE ARE!
I have great experience in Pennstate so far. The most popular majors at Pennsylvania State University--University Park include: Engineering; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs; Social Sciences; and Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services. So I pretty much like the way they offer so many majors and teachers are great as well.
I love Penn State. I wouldn't want to attend anywhere else. It has a beautiful campus and friendly people. I would recommend Penn State to anyone ready to attend college. There is always plenty going on around campus.