- 4 Year
- UNIVERSITY PARK, PA
Penn State Campus Life
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$6,370 / year
52%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 351 responses
68%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 649 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$5,330 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 1,007 responses
- HUB dining i.e. Starbucks/Chik fil A/Jamba Juice13%
- HUB or Blue Spoon12%
- Cookies from West7%
- Chick Fil a7%
72%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 409 responses
Map is loading
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 351 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.52%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.43%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.3%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.1%
grade B minus
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
90%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 409 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 282 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.31%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.46%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.20%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.3%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 326 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.18%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.61%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.12%
- Not very visible.7%
- We have campus police?2%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 641 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.36%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.57%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.7%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.0%
Men's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Baseball, Basketball, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, IceHockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field: Indoor, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country, Volleyball, Wrestling
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, IceHockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field: Indoor, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, Film Society, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Model UN, Newspaper, Radio Station, Student Government, Television Station, Yearbook
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Musical Theater, Music Ensembles, Opera, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 502 responses
- Football Games23%
- Sporting events15%
- Homecoming Parade12%
- Movin On6%
- Hockey games5%
- Guarding the Lion Shrine3%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 428 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.26%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.54%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.9%
- Good parties are few and far between.4%
- Parties? What parties?8%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 254 responses
- State Patty's31%
- Anyday when we play football especially home games22%
- Honestly, every party event is the biggest party.22%
- Yet to be determined, I'm only a freshman.9%
- Blue and White Weekend9%
- I don’t attend parties not my cup of tea0%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
49%of students say that Greek life is pretty big. 543 responses