Penn State Erie - The Behrend College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 3.97% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.49 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.52 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.52 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering99 Graduates
Management Sciences and Statistics64 Graduates
Textile and Plastics Engineering51 Graduates
Business Administration and Management40 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering Technician40 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.65 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.80 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.37 responses
Colleges like Penn State Erie - The Behrend College
- A-Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- 4 Year
- Geneva, NY
- 581 reviews
- BWestminster College - Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- New Wilmington, PA
- 412 reviews
- B+Gannon University
- 4 Year
- Erie, PA
- 744 reviews
- B-University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg
- 4 Year
- Greensburg, PA
- 335 reviews
Penn State Erie - The Behrend College Reviews
I really loved Penn State Behrend. My sister is a junior there right now and I will be joining her next year. The campus isn't too bug or too small, it's the perfect size. In addition, the campus is extremely safe. I never feel scared walking alone at night and have never heard of my sister having problems there. The academics are also great. The investment is well worth the education you get out of it. Obviously, any college student would like to see tuition go down, but you get the education you pay for!
Behrend is primarily an engineering school. The campus is located near the town of Erie, and it is highly advisable to bring your own car. Winters can be quite snow heavy, but that rarely affects the usual class schedules. Prospective students should prepare for a rigorous walk up and down the hills daily and bring non-skidding shoes. Campus food is average, and not that different from home cooking. But aside from dining hall and pizza place there is no other food place from walking distance. Tuition is bit better than that of main campus, so your best bet would be to transfer to UP after first 2 years.
I really like the opportunity to get involved here. There sre hundreds of clubs and you can do research with professors! One thing I would like to see change is a a bridge fir students to walk over the main road, would hate to see someone get in an accident.