1. Erie, PA
  2. 4 Year

Penn State Erie - The Behrend College Reviews

Penn State Behrend is a nice campus with smaller classrooms and great professors. You will get to recognize a lot of students around campus. Dorms are nice and everyone is friendly.
What I love about Penn State is the beautiful campus it's on, especially during fall and winter, it's very beautiful. I also like the size of the campus along with the number of people that attend. The class sizes are also very nice, which lets you get some time with the professor. The overall atmosphere of the school is also great. I'm glad I picked Behrend!
I loved the campus size, the friendly professors, and the overall atmosphere in snowy Erie. The facilities are very well maintained and comfortable dorms. I also loved the Black School of Business, the facility is fantastic for an Engineering major like I will be! If I could suggest anything to improve upon, I would say to improve the variety of food served on campus.
Best kept secret in the Penn State community. The education is incredible, professors are engaged, clubs for everyone, activities, and the campus is beautiful. The Wintergreen Gorge is next to the campus which makes hiking fun. Students are friendly and outgoing and willing to help anyone. You can find parties, but most are here to learn. The class size is smaller which makes it easier to get to know your professor, the classwork is challenging in most majors. Engineering, Nursing, Business majors are popular. PSU has the largest alumni network making it easy to find a job after graduating. The only cons would be not enough apartments close to campus, no town with stores, restaurants within walking distance, and the wind and snow everyday for 4 months makes it rough to walk to class.
I couldn't be happier with my choice to go to Penn State Behrend. The quality of education and is more than I could have ever asked for and the professors are wonderful to work with.
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College is a beautiful place full of talented individuals. The professors know each student by name and face, making no one feel like an ant. The advisers are all helpful, as I have visited many and they have helped me guide a path to my career.
For changes, I wish there would be more parking. I have trouble parking often, even though I pay hundreds of hard earned money to park. We need more lots because traffic jams are a problem and it should not take so long to leave Behrend in a car.
Penn State Behrend feels very much like high school. With rather small class sizes, the professors are able to learn your names (if they are interested in doing so,) and make the atmosphere feel more personal and familiar. The students are exceptionally social and willing to help newer students. There are many clubs available to students, and on-campus activities nearly every day. The only problem with the campus is that it rests neatly on a large hill, which makes it an exercise to go from class to class, but it definitely helps fight the freshman 15.
I really fell in love with the nature and comfy environment. Here you never going to get bored. Lots of opportunities and activities. Sometimes it's hard to keep up but there's a lot of good workers always ready to help.
I have really enjoyed my time at Penn State Behrend. I think that it is the perfect school for me and I am still very happy that I decided to go there. I think that the campus is beautiful and the buildings are up to date and fresh. It is also nice that it doesn't take very long to get to your classes. However it sometimes can be a trek because of the hills. All of the teachers that I have had seem very interested in the topic they are teaching and make it easy to get in contact with them. However, there are some things that could change. For example, more things to do on campus like sporting events and more places to eat/hangout.
I enjoy this school very much. It's easy to get around and enjoy Lake Erie, and the weather is pleasant (assuming you love snow).
The professors here are all very welcoming and made the transition very easy for me and my peers. The classes can be large depending on your major, but the professors work hard to make it a one on one course with generally open office hours and assistance.
The student center is great with setting up interviews and helping students to find jobs and internships. There is a large majority of students who get internships while still in school and continue with them after graduation developing their careers.
  • College Freshman
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Each student is required to take several modules of training on campus safety and security. There are emergency phone located all around the vicinity of the campus and the police take all situations seriously. The school is very safe and responsible.
The dorms are a great way to meet friends since each dorm hall has a large study lounge and living center in the lobby. The dorms themselves are a little small at least in the freshmen hall but the honors housing is definitely a major boost. The cost of housing is a little high but overall the convenience of where they are placed on campus makes it central to most classes.
  • College Freshman
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life is definitely present on this campus but it is not the main focus for every student. They all host events for both greek and nongreek students to attend and help make the campus experience fun for everyone while helping the community as a whole.
Penn State has a large crowd of supporters at each sporting event no matter the sport. You can always rely on the community around the campus, alumni, and current students to be supporting the Nittany Blue and White.
The overall atmosphere of the campus is very home like and welcoming while also being two minutes away from downtown buffalo road. The teachers are very welcoming and understanding, making the transition way more relaxed.
so far my experience at penn state behrend is amazing. the psychology department and the professors are outstanding and are giving their students the knowledge and confidence to not only do well in the classes but to excel in the field of psychology.
A lot of work in my engineering program! I had one teacher who was teaching for the first time and was terrible, but the rest have been very knowledgeable. They do care about me as a person and helping me to learn and accommodate me with my swimming schedule. On the other hand, I do put the effort in. Swimmers are cut from the team of their average is bad. We are there to learn first, not be athletic first. When a class has to be canceled, we are given assignments on line. Many assignments are handed in on line so there is little paperwork. Need a good and reliable laptop.
Our Penn State engineering program is highly regarded. I am from Western New York, so I will compete with Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) graduates and University of Buffalo (UB) graduates. I am confident that I will have the best engineering degree possible.
  • College Sophomore