Penn State Altoona Reviews

Penn State Altoona is a great place for a young adult to get ahead in life. Within my experience, the small town is nice and calm. The campus is lively, open, and welcoming. The staff here are nice, but could improve. Our Math department is the toughest department here. If you are a person looking to major in math and learn the ins and the out of the subject without escape, then Altoona is the place for you. Overall, This small campus is growing and it has become a nice place to reside.
I love this campus. It's small, but full of life. Events are being held multiple times a week for students to socialize with each other. The classes and professors are amazing, and they really bring the material to life. It's much more than just a school with homework and tests; there's activities, friends, food, and acceptance all throughout the campus.
I really enjoy the smaller campus feel and feeling like you can talk to anyone on campus whether that be a professor or another student. The campus has activities to get everyone involved in something. I do not have a car with me but I have everything I need on campus. Being at the Altoona campus I am close enough to attend events on main campus. The football games are so much fun and it's amazing how the students come together to cheer on their school. So far my college experience has been amazing.
Start Your Review of Penn State Altoona
Penn State Altoona is a small and beautiful campus that has the enthusiasm reminiscent of University Park. I love how you are able to know your classmates and professors better due to smaller class sizes. I think the student parking permit process needs to be improved upon. It would be more helpful if passes could be mailed to you after you apply for a permit instead of having to wait and then pick it up in person.
I studied at Penn State Altoona for two years and it was a great experience. It was nice transition from a small highschool. The campus is small so it was easy to make friends.
Overall great experience, beautiful campus and friendly staff. The professors are helpful and easy to get along with. The area was very nice but hard to get to places if you don't have a car especially in the cold winters.
The only thing that bothered me was that the town was very small. But overall I loved the campus , the people are friendly & helpful! I love it because you can focus on your work!
Penn State Altoona has a lot of great qualities. The only negative aspect is the lack of involvement for commuter students. Most of the time, I was unaware of special events being held on campus. I am paying the student involvement fee, I should be able to enjoy the events.
At Penn State Altoona, I feel very "at home". If you're someone like me, coming from a small town, and a graduating class of only about 55 students, larger universities seem rather daunting. Penn State Altoona offered a small community feel that I am accustomed to while also offering me the opportunity that Penn State has available.
Penn State Altoona offers students a high quality education in a small town environment. As a Blair County resident the school was perfect for me and allowed me to commute. Further, I worked at the school part-time, which provided me the opportunity to help pay for my education.
Penn State Altoona is a great school especially for students that want the big school opportunities but a small school feel. Altoona is close to the Main campus and we had the opportunities to attend football games and other events at the main campus. We would spend weekends at the main campus and attend classes at Altoona. The class sizes at Altoona are small and you have ability to get to know your professors. The dorms were average, but the offsite housing at Nittany Point is very nice. I would recommend Altoona highly.
For me, Penn State Altoona was a perfect fit. It is a small campus with a wonderful sense of community.
Altoona is a quaint, small city that has a lot to do. Overall, Altoona provides most of the amenities of University Park while still being close to the party scene in State College.
This campus is beautiful and the teachers are very personalable. Advisers really help with scheduling and tutoring is always available.
AMAZING! I had the best professors on campus who really cared about their students. I was involved on campus and they had so much to offer. You were never bored!
It's not bad but I think if it had more dorms/living quarters on-campus for students it could save up a lot of money.
Penn State Altoona is very small but ti has many opportunities for student to be their best and to be involved! Their apartment buildings are beautiful and the new athletic building is looking good!
Start Your Review of Penn State Altoona
I enjoy this campus and encourage as many people as possible to attend and complete college. Penn State is a great college and offers many opportunities. This campus has many resources for students in terms of jobs, internships, and networking.
I really like Penn State. It is a great school and everyone is so friendly. Penn state has an amazing atmosphere. I wouldn't want to attend any other school.
When I applied to Penn State University, I really had my heart set on going to Penn State Main Campus. I got accepted into Penn State, Altoona, and I was a little disappointed at first. After going to Altoona for 1.5 years, I can say that I love it! The small campus makes it really easy to get around. My class sizes are pretty small, and I am able to get to know my professors and other class mates a lot easier. I was able to get Penn State football tickets, and I would drive up to all of the home football game with my friends. It was the best of both worlds. I got to enjoy large campus life by going to home football games, yet I got to enjoy the benefits of being on a small campus. Since my dream is to go to Penn State, Main, I am still going to transfer to Penn State Main Campus for my last two years, however, I am very impressed with Penn State, Altoona, and I would recommend it to anyone.