Pacific Lutheran University Reviews

I love the small classroom sizes, I have the chance to communicate easily with professors and ask questions whenever I need. Access to help is very easy.
PLU is well known for its commitment to social justice issues, as well as care for the environment through sustainability. There is a very strong study away program, and all students are encouraged to study away at some point in their time at PLY. The arts program is very strong as well as the nursing program.
I love it here in PLU, I have met and been supported by so many people, it made the transition from highschool to College easier. The staff in the student financial service and anywhere are amazing at answering questions and making sure to help you out as much as they can. As a first generation student, it made the process of applying and paying for PLU tuition less complicated because they helped me every step of the way!
Start Your Review of Pacific Lutheran University
This is an very good private liberal arts college. Class size on average is small and the community is very progressive and friendly. Residential life on this campus is exceptional. This department works hard to plan events on campus and is dedicated to social justice learning for everyone on and off campus.
I love the fact that the average class size is only about 15 people, and their biggest class is about 47. It would definitely help students that need one on one help with professors, and don't do good in big lecture halls. The school is very big on education, so if you're looking for that to be your career path, then this would be good place. It's A very unique school, and you wouldn't find one like it. The dorm rooms are also very cute, and some are split off into language majors.
The university provides a very inclusive community of students and faculty aimed at helping you to succeed! With a lovely campus and campus life, I would recommend Pacific Lutheran University to all students! Although I myself am not of a particular religion, I was initially concerned about the faith aspect of the college however came to find that the campus is extremely open when it comes to differing views and as an LGBTQ student, was even invited by the school's pastor to attend any sort of event that would be held regarding the spiritual elements of the school. Overall, a wonderful experience thus far.
Professors actually want you to succeed! They’re always happy to help and there’s plenty of outside options for help. The staff and fellow students are also very welcoming.
I find PLU to be a great school. Everyone comments on the location but on campus, safety is never an issue. Take precautions and learn to love the community in which your campus is engulfed in. PLU is great for introverts and extroverts, athletes and non athletes, liberal arts majors or stem majors. It is a very accepting community and if you are considering attending PLU, I would recommend!
I enjoy taking classes at this school. The small class sizes makes it easier to create a relationship with your professor and forces you to be engaged during lectures. It is easy to meet with professors out of class time and get back on track if you have missed a class or did not understand something. I have not enjoyed some of the other aspects of the university. There are very limited food options on campus and it is unsafe to go off campus at times. Parkland is a dangerous city and there have been several incidents off campus in my first semester. It costs $2.50 to do a cycle of laundry and the washers are so small it usually requires two separate loads of laundry to get your clothes clean. The amounts to usually $10 extra dollars a month on top of the tuition I already pay. I do not see why this extra cost in necessary when us students are already paying the school so much money.
This is a pretty small school which lets you maintain close relationships with fellow students while still meeting new people everyday. The school is mostly Caucasian, with a lot more females than males on campus. There is at least one party every weekend but they can be a bit hard to find, but when they are big they are fun. There is all you can eat dinners every week night and the food in general is pretty well prepared, with a lot of options. Everything on campus is a pretty close walk from the residence halls, which aren't very well updated but they suffice.
Pacific Lutheran is a great school. Everyone is very nice and including. Since the school is rather small you get to know so many people on a more personal level then you would at a state school. I can walk around campus and say hello to at least two people. however, sometimes the weather and location of the school is not the most amazing but you can work with it.
I like how friendly everyone is and how the teachers help you. I also like the basketball program very much. I do not like the dorm however, and there are also many little parts of PLU that I do not agree with.
I really liked the campus and all my professors were very well educated both in and outside of their areas of speciality.
PLU feels like a close community. I think we all share a certain set of values to make the world a better place. The size is perfect; I like that I am likely to see people I know in multiple positions; my classmates working at the Old Main Market; My catering co-workers writing magazine articles; classmates participating in sports; professors heading various clubs. Although the surrounding neighborhoods are not the greatest, I have never felt in danger on campus. And, I know that in the rare case that something did happen, I would be fully supported by student services. PLU is very clear that it will protect victims of any kind of harassment.
The school is incredibly focused on vocation and preparing us for developing a skill set, not just gaining knowledge. I feel confident that I will be able to have the career I want after I graduate.
I graduated from a small high school and was slightly terrified at the thought of colleges being a lot bigger than what I was used to. When I chose PLU I didn't know what to expect. After my first semester I was pleased to learn most classes are small which gives the opportunity to have good relationships with peers and professors which was what I was used to due to going to a small school. The campus is easy to navigate and the community is great.
Small and compact University their sports facilities are really nice but the area around the college may seem a little beaten up
PLU offers something that is not in any college description: a feeling of inclusiveness, a community. The community at PLU is connected, positive and loving. The professors are passionate about the subject they are teaching, they help you discover your interests and talents. The students make you feel included, happy and experience a wide array of opportunities. I came to PLU wanting to play soccer and be a nurse. I found my passion for exercise, nutrition, and wellness, captain the Men's soccer team, ASPLU Vice President, and a community that loves and accepts me for who I am while pushing me to grow.
Start Your Review of Pacific Lutheran University
Pacific Lutheran University has been the best education choice that I have made. It really focuses and encourages me to find my vocation and discovering the path that I want to follow in life. With its small class sizes, we really obtain the one on one interaction with our professors whom care about our education and our well-being as well.
As an incoming freshman, all staff and students have been extremely welcoming and helpful. They are transferring my credits with little fuss (aside from making sure I'm getting appropriate credit), and they have an amazing study abroad program.
I am a community member and have not gone to school here, but have attended a number of events. I have a family member who graduated from this school. Tuition exceptionally high, campus is in a nice setting and academics are good. But if you are looking for a Christian campus don't be mislead, this campus is secular and believes in the relativism philosophy. The word Lutheran needs to be taken out of the name.