COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
PLU is a community of care and we are here to support you. In the link provided, you’ll find answers to some of the questions and concerns you might have, which include the measures we are taking to allow for flexibility on requirements, deadlines, and more. We hope this helps alleviate some of the stress and worries as you continue through your college exploration and decision process. Learn More
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeB+
Pacific Lutheran University educates 3,100 students for lives of thoughtful service, leadership, inquiry and care. We purposefully integrate the liberal arts, professional studies, and civic engagement through 40+ majors and 50+ minors. Students take part in student-faculty research, internships, lab work, field studies and numerous other hands-on learning experiences, and work closely with professors who are experts in their fields.
Located in Tacoma, WA, PLU is the closest university to Mt. Rainier National Park and a short drive from Seattle, with multiple opportunities for internships at world-class organizations, and many ways to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest. As a national leader in global education, PLU was the first American university to have classes on all seven continents and over half of all students study abroad. Graduates are prepared for success – 90% of recent graduates were either employed or accepted into graduate school within six months of graduating.
Pacific Lutheran University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.50 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.69 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.71 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.92 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.34 responses