Owens Community College Reviews

This is a great school and it prepares you for either a career with your two year degree or to transfer to a four year college. The faculty and staff are excellent and care about your education and want to see you excel.
Owens is a great place if your looking to save some money but planning to transfer to a four year university, although some of the classes are not very preparing for a University.
Most of the classes are decent in terms of the professors' way of teaching and level of difficulty. Unfortunately, I've come across some classes that are, in my opinion, high school level( take home exam, open book exams, no true structure). The tuition cost is lower than other local colleges( to be expected). I like the ease of transferring and the ability to pursue a 4 yr degree through the linking of Owens and another school.
Review Owens Community College
I loved how small the class sizes were. I felt that my teachers got to know me well and that will be important in the future for recommendation letters.
I am working on my second degree from Owens and I love the community. For a small community college, they definitely try to build a strong student life engagment base by having multiple types of events. It definitely feels more like a university - if there was student housing.
My experience at Owens has been an absolute roller coaster ride, with me starting my college career in high school with Post Secondary. Once I graduated high school I took a year off school, to earn money, and if we're being real, I didn't save so well that money very well. However when I decided to come back to Owens it was super easy transition, I was able to come right back to the same adviser I had two years prior. Grades, and classes, and everything I needed was still in place, and no hassle on my end. One thing I would change about Owens however is that Sometimes classes are rescheduled with no notice, and you have to find out when you get to the class. Other than that, Owens is great, and a college I fully intend of finishing my associates degree at!
Owens is a great college for those who want to pursue a career through education while working at the same time. Their flexible schedules help students get classes at almost anytime during the day and a low student to professior ratio helps ensure the students will be helped personally by their professor. The tuition is very affordable and i believe the education earned there will pay for itsself.
I havent transfer credits yet but i have a flexible schedule :)
I haven't had experiences on online courses but i know people who loves them and helps them a lot.
The quality is awesome people work hard at owens and treat us right. I wish it was a university but its only a college i plan to transfer later on to get my biology bachelors.
If I'm having trouble the professors will be there and work it out with me.
The students/ workers are really nice and respectful. The quality is really good.
At the moment i haven't volunteer or intern at my college but i will get there maybe next year :)
I would recommend owens community college to any one who has struggles and is a hard worker. Owens is a very nice school full of nice professors that will care about how their students work schedule is and understood meant is. and the best thing is that you can also apply for scholarships or! work for owens and you will pay forward to school expenses !! :) :)
I am new to Owens so i do not know what it is like.
I personally am just beginning my schooling at owens because I am a transfer student.
The professors are helpful and have the students enact with each other very well. The Professors challenge you to do more because it is an online class.
Review Owens Community College
The job board is full of career opportunities, all you have to do is look at it and apply for a position.
the Chef's are amazing and helpful. The students in class are motivated and driven to succeed.
In the Culinary Wing, we have a bulletin board in which jobs are posted. Everyone has the opportunity to obtain a career if they don't like where they are currently working or are ready to jump into the industry.