Ottawa University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.17 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.16 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.16 responses
Most Popular Majors
Kinesiology and Exercise Science20 Graduates
Business Administration and Management16 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies10 Graduates
Elementary Education9 Graduates
Human Services9 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.20 responses
- of students say almost everything on campus revolved around sports.20 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.12 responses
Ottawa University Reviews
I went to Ottawa University on a volleyball scholarship and my time spent there was wonderful. I had great teammates and classmates along with the school having a great campus atmosphere. Since the school wasn't huge, the classrooms were very personal and you got a lot of one on one time with teachers.
So far, this school has held for me many highs and many lows as well. The campus itself is very pretty especially in the fall. There is many great programs for athletics and an awesome exercise science major option. Most of the school's population is athletics about a 95% to 5% ratio and also has a pretty ethnically diverse campus as well. I am apart of the biology program and I have experienced teachers who were not in my department to be very careless and harsh, but in my department they are very kind and caring. The class sizes are very small meaning that there is a lot of one on one attention with the teacher, but with small classes that also means that the campus itself does not hold many students. The student body is somewhere around 700 students this year, and I think that the school is trying to expand.
Its a perfect atmosphere for athletes and no athletes. If you are looking for decent size classes and want to actually know your professor, Ottawa is most likely what you're looking for. Also not far away from bigger cities like Lawrence or Kansas City