Otero Junior College Reviews

Otero Junior College is a great 2 year college for the small town person just starting to branch out and the big city person trying to tone it down. I loved that we had many international students to create a diverse campus life, but I think that the college could definitely grow academically. While some of their programs (nursing) were spot-on, I feel some were lacking. Admittedly however, they appear to have begun doing more in that they are starting to partner more with other colleges to provide further coursework in certain areas, such as making a Bachelor's degree in Secondary Education possible.
Otero Junior College was wonderful because the of the Professors. It can't get any better than to know they make time for you and are wanting you to succeed.
Being that the school is located in a small town, it does result in limits. While there may be a nonexistent party scene, there is some entertainment in the form of a movie theater and other classics like that. I think the faculty and staff try their best to be helpful, and that makes a difference. It is a small school, but it can help in fostering a sense of community for anyone that desires it. Also, the semesters are definitely cost-effective, and that is a major plus. My only regret is not joining enough groups since I did not become a part of TRIO until my last semester. There are opportunities for those that are willing to join any of the existing groups especially for low-income students.
Start Your Review of Otero Junior College
I like the college here and I get that it is a Junior college but I would just like to see more activities. It has a friendly environment and everyone here is also nice. The athletic games are always so intense. Everyone just gets involved with everything that the college. Overall its a good college.
It has been more than two years since I was a student at the junior college. You could see international students who are coming from all over the world. I'm from Japan originally by the way, this school is filled with various culture, nation-identity, and language. It is so impressive to me. If I was a college student in Japan, I could never experienced like this. In fact, I have been learning Spanish speaking with friends who is from Spain or can speak it. When it comes to academics, I believe that students and professors have great communication each other. Because this school is two-year institution, the class scale is relatively small size. That is why students could study hard without leaving problems that they didn't get it. Also, any professors teach us kindly and hardly. Their dedications always help our studying. I be proud of and satisfied with attending this school.
Nursing program is a scam Run to the exits. They fail a significant high number of students every year. Instructors are awful. Regardless of how much you study they have to fail a certain amount of students to make money. If you are Hispanic or black good luck to pass. OJC nursing is very corrupt.
Otero Junior College is truly an amazing school. The staff is very friendly and make an honest effort to see if you need help or if you are doing okay. The students at OJC are also amazing. Everyone knows everyone and it's just a very tight knit and welcoming group of people!
The Campus is pretty and not too large. The classes are small and easy to follow. There are a lot of opportunities to get extra help if you are struggling with any classes. The professors are easy to access and tutors are available on campus. This college is great for athletes because the professors are very understanding. The dorms are a little small but if you get a Conley dorm they are a fairly good size.
I will be joining the Mens soccer team this upcoming 2018 school year, and I have been very pleased with the coaching staff. They are informative, educated individuals that are willing to help their athletes with whatever they may need.
When it comes to Otero Junior College i would say easily the best things about being a rattler is how there is so much help offered in every aspect of our education and student life. Also the diversity at school is great to be apart of learning about different cultures that i never even knew existed. Another would be the trio program that they offer is so helpful and really brings a comfort in being a student there with all the help they offer.
I just finished my second year at Otero Junior College, and graduated with cum laude honors. This is my home town and I lived at home, but I have seen the dorm areas. They are new in the last few years and convenient to the college - right across the street. The professors are very helpful and easy to get to know. The campus is beautiful and easy to access. I have met students from all over the country who come here to study a variety of things. There are plenty of opportunities for athletes in golf, basketball, volleyball, and even rodeo. I am thankful for my hometown junior college. And it was easy to pay for - I am finishing two years debt free!
Otero Junior College is an amazing place. The campus is absolutely beautiful and the staff is top notch. You get individual attention from your teachers because the class sizes are so small. I think this college is great for anyone looking to get an associates degree or to transfer from.
Professors are willing to work around your schedule to help you succeed.
Very tedious work but necessary to lean. Some assignments are worth while others seem like they're just space fillers
Many resources are available and willing to help..
Most professors have had professions in the classes they are teaching.
Faculty and resources are often available and always willing to assist in any way possible
Start Your Review of Otero Junior College
My experience at my school has been very convenient. Classes are very flexible.
The professors online are really helpful. Its easier to stay on top of assignments in my opinion.
Our post-grad services are wonderful. Finding a job is east after graduating.