- Professorsgrade B
- Valuegrade C
- Diversitygrade A
- Safetygrade B+
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Locationgrade B minus
Founded in 1941, Otero Junior College is located on a beautiful 40-acre campus on the southern edge of La Junta, Colorado. For close to 80 years our students have taken the education they received at OJC to build the foundation for a higher academic degree or have entered the workforce with skills for entry-level employment.
Otero Junior College is a Hispanic Serving Institution accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Over 35% of the students at OJC are Hispanic and almost 48% of the student body are students of color.
With 12 NJCAA Intercollegiate athletic teams, the OJC Rattlers take tremendous pride in the accomplished of our student athletes. The athletic teams at OJC combine hard work, persistence, and dedication with the ultimate goal of success in the classroom and on the fields and courts. The athletic teams at OJC have won championships in competition academically and athletically.
Otero Junior College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 20 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 19 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities133 Graduates
- Agricultural Business51 Graduates
- Licensed Practical Nurse Training (LPN)39 Graduates
- Nursing Assistant39 Graduates
- Nursing37 Graduates
- Police and Criminal Science25 Graduates
- Cosmetology20 Graduates
- Phlebotomy Technician20 Graduates
- Welding12 Graduates
- Entrepreneurship10 Graduates
Otero Junior College and the University of Colorado Denver have begun an innovative partnership to offer a bachelor’s degree in elementary education that can be completed in its entirety on the OJC Campus. The partnership provides a four-year pathway to a teaching license that includes early field experiences and a full year of teaching experience incorporated into the four-year program.
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
- of students highly rate the athletics/recreation facilities. 19 responses
- of students highly rate the dining facilities. 19 responses
- of students highly rate the performing arts facilities. 6 responses
More opinions are needed to display this poll. Take our survey