Orange Coast College Reviews

All the staff are friendly, hardworking and smart. I personally am taking online classes for the first time, which is really hard, but I am amaze by the organization of the classes and its materials.
The campus is large, and may seem hard to get around at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's got a lot to show you. The professors are very involved with the students and I have only had great experiences. The college is clean and full of students who are serious about their education. For those of you who may be nervous about starting college, once you attend here, you will find that it is a wonderful place that will continue to make you want to pursue your field instead of drop out. I got the best grades at this college than any other college i went to because the staff care!
I liked that it wasn’t a difficult college to get into. Usually the first you keep in mind is whether students will hold bad opinions of you but everyone is generally nice and the faculty have a genuine interest in being fair to all students while holding a modern idea of social standards. As great and free as it may be, OCC is missing a more illuminated campus that brings more spirit to the campus which inspires students to coerce and communicate.
Review Orange Coast College
I miss OCC!!! I transferred, and the library at my current university is overcrowded and not as quiet or peaceful, it's packed with students. I miss studying in the library at OCC, where I could concentrate. LOL. The campus is very modern, and programs are all state of the art. OCC has enthusiastic professors and good vibes. Missing OC right now!
Overall, for a community college, I think Orange Coast is one of if not the best. Even though it is a community college there are so many opportunities to get involved with things that may interest you. The professors are wonderful and are really there to help you learn and do your best if your goal is to transfer.
Orange Coast has a great diversity and its professors give their students the motivation they need. There could be more food stands in which students can buy food during their breaks in between classes. On a regular basis, there is good parking in which students and staff can park in. It is very convenient for there to be a Starbucks on campus. The library does have many resources for all people to study in and has a great staff to help anyone who has any questions.
OCC is a good community college, however, it has some drawbacks. Professors are a hit, or miss. You'll find some courses that have awesome instructors and some like economics, history and higher math classes can be a headache; especially if you register too late for a good teacher and have to deal with 20-40 people on the waiting list. Additionally, there is an issue with professors talking politics and siding with students. This college is really just about going to class and going back home afterwards. Food, Internet and Social life are just meh. Counselors only know about CSU and won't be helpful for most anything else. The Honors Program is pretty cool, although I find it a bit stupid that you need to get two recommendations and a written essay to join.
My experience with Orange Coast College was one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life now that I look back to those years. This school took time for its students and the staff was always available to help. I now moved onto university and noticed a huge difference in the way students are treated compared to Orange Coast College. As a community college, there is much to experience with historic value. Modern art buildings, a beautiful modernized library with many opportunities, and not to mention, a Starbucks! Orange Coast college also offered amazing classes that helped me learn a little about what options I had to choose as a career if I was uncertain. Three years later and I still want to go back to the library to read, work in quiet peace, and to take more classes. Orange Coast College is what many think of a "Californian Orange County" typical community college. It is, and it is fun; anyone who attends will enjoy their school and learning opportunities at the college.
So far OCC has been a super good experience as a community college. The campus is very nice and clean and the community is diverse and open. With a very difficult problem in relation to a professor and her right to freedom of speech they dealt with it very well. Everyone is made to feel welcome and safe and that is one of the most important aspects when trying to get a good education.
Orange Coast College is a good community collgege. There are a lot of great professors and staffs. Campus is safe.
Had a great experience at OCC, they were one of the best JC's in Southern California. Great place to transfer from. great professors, great counselors and great college
As an international student, it has been a pretty good experience for me. OCC is very diverse, it is located in a very safe place and only 20 minutes away from the Beach. The professors, staff, students -- everyone is very friendly, helpful and are always there for you. I thought I would have difficulty with studying and being away from home but I was wrong. I do very well in my academics while having a good social life and enjoying the college!
I went to OCC because of their reputation for transferring students and having an excellent volleyball team. Both of these worked in my favor: I am transferring after one year to UCLA, and our team won a state title. I had a lot of terrific professors that knew what they were talking about , kept class interesting and prepared me for the future. One thing that was frustrating was that books cannot be returned after the first year of school.
OCC is a great school that has a little bit of everything. All of the teachers I've had are professional and want to help you succeed. Its close to the beach and right across the street from the fair grounds. You can meet people from all backgrounds and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. The school is always undergoing some update, and continues to stay on top with technology. Choose OCC before going to a 4 year university to have a great time, recieve great education all at a community college price.
I love OCC! Great professors and well kept buildings. So inexpensive, no academic requirements for admission, anyone can go there! parking isn't too bad.
The courses were challenging and informational. However, many of the students are stuck up and clique-ish. This college is extremely overcrowded, which made it difficult to register for classes and find parking.
My friends tell me this is a good community college with different majors, especially for science and engineering. The campus is fresh and modern with new technology. Good school so you should come here for 4 years college.
Review Orange Coast College
This is my second semester back in college, after being in the military for four years. I was very nervous to go back to college but everyone on campus was very helpful in getting me to the people I needed for applying and getting in. I only wish I would of started sooner.
OCC is great. For a community college, they have so many fantastic resources it is amazing. The instructors have all been wonderful and caring, and I've never felt like I was receiving a lesser education. I reccomend it to anyone and everyone.
The school, is huge and every well design, parking can be a bit crazy especially in the first two weeks, the teachers are very well educated, and have good equipment to teach, and the coffee is good.