Orange Coast College Reviews

Orange Coast College was a great school, teachers were friendly and helpful. The Campus is very well maintained and the horticulture department was always a great place to study. Orange Coast offers a variety of classes including furniture making which was challenging and fun. If I were to change anything about OCC it would be the limitations on repeating a class. Right out of High school I was terrible at math and unfortunately had to take it three times because I didn't pass. Once you don't pass three times they force you to attend another college. In my opinion this is flawed because certain subjects are very difficult for some people and they need multiple chances to finish. For years it was the only thing that prevented me from continuing my education.
I never thought I could actually enjoy a community college until coming to Orange Coast. My professors were excellent, the student life is great, and I had a blast running track here. The administration is good in guiding you on how to find your way through school as well as figuring out the campus. The counselling is good but just make sure you make an appointment in advance because there are tons of students who come here. One thing before enrolling is to get priority registration to ensure that you get the classes needed. Parking the first 2-3 weeks of the semester are ridiculous due to every student coming during that span so come 15-25 minutes early to campus before your class begins.
Love the staff, always supportive and wants to help you improve which was a difference from high school and the campus is beautiful, larger than some campuses but beautiful nonetheless
Start Your Review of Orange Coast College
Best College Ever! great professors, great academic programs, and really helpful staff. The campus is great, lots of new buildings on the way, lots of parking available, and if extra free parking available a cross the street.
Orange Coast College consistently lives up to it's reputation of being the best community college to transfer. Throughout the year I've received hands-on advice and pathways to successfully transfer into a four year university of my choice.
The campus is really something else. For a community college, it stands out in comparison to others community colleges I've experienced. Though most student commute to school and there homes, it still feels like 'a college where people mingle and socialize like a normal schools with dorms would have
OCC has an excellent academic staff eager to help and provide guidance to students. The student body is not renowned for its academic rigor, but the atmosphere is incredibly diverse, friendly, and supportive. The campus offers many resources to students financially and academically, and help is always within reach.
This school is amazing! They offer so many different classes and majors here and the campus is beautiful. Professors here really do the best they can to help their students pass, and move on to a 4 year.
My experience at Orange Coast College has been great for the first year that I attended there. My teachers were great with the exception of Calculus 2 teacher, and I am glad about the progress that I have made so far in general education. I hope to finish up my transfer requirements this year so I can transfer to UCI in 2019.
Everyone who works and and attends OCC is nice and helpful. However, it is a community college and therefore can only offer a limited "college experience".
Great 2 year college if you're planning to transfer to a California state school. Professors are friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated.
Orange Coast College has honestly changed my views on school. I slacked in and hating big school. Orange Coast has a beautiful campus and almost too many classes to take. Almost every professor I've had at OCC genuinely cared about their students and only wanted them to success. I would recommend to Orange Coast to anybody and everybody.
Very nice campus that is constantly expanding. Professors are great and counselors are always willing to help you get further in your academia.
As a currently, there are many constructions project happening all at once. By 2021, the school should be finished with building such as the observatory, dorms, 3 more floors for the cafeteria, another Literature building, and much more. If you come to OCC now, you will get the best education, but in a few years, it would be a much more wonderful place.
OCC was a great school to get my general education and some undergraduate work done. The campus was great, and some of the professors were pretty great. One drawback though was I was hoping to get more undergraduate coursework done but wasn't able to due to lack of courses unfortunately. All in all, OCC was a pretty good school and very inexpensive.
Orange coast college seems like the worst place to be as a freshman wishing to be at a "big kid school" but I quickly learned that it is the best option for kids who are figuring out life and their direction in those first years out of high school. It has been a fun and crazy experience that I would not trade.
Orange Coast College stands out because you can make your experience exactly what you want it to be. I was looking to take a summer class to get back into a school program without heavy commitment, and Film 100 has turned out to be a perfect fit. I love the relaxed, yet opportunity-rich feeling of the campus. Applying to the school and registering for classes was very easy online. I know I will be able to get help from the staff when I need it, but otherwise I am able to have an independent school experience which is perfect for this stage of my life. I would recommend my friends to OCC based on my great experience this summer its value for the cost.
Start Your Review of Orange Coast College
I fell in love with Orange coast college my first semester there. The environment is very welcoming and the professors truly want to help you succeed. I highly recommend Orange coast college to anyone of any age that hopes to further their education and get the skills they need to transfer to a university.
I like the overall atmosphere the professors are caring and helpful but there are certain areas of the school that have a rotten egg stench to it and the piping needs to be changed because its affecting the drinking fountains taste.
Orange Coast College has great academics and professors. They truly prepare you for transferring to a 4-year university. The level of work is not that different. They also have a wonderful honors program that is associated with a lot of universities throughout the country. You can join the honors program and apply through them to these schools for a higher chance of acceptance. It's a great and much cheaper option than going straight to a 4-year after high school. It gives you time to explore majors, careers, and save up.