Oral Roberts University Reviews

1,234 reviews
Oral Roberts University has provided a fantastic experience so far. Individually, it is a university well suited to different personalities, cultures and lifestyles, but collectively ORU ensures I grow in spirit (it is a christian college), mind and body. ORU makes college a time of fun. The faculty and staff are readily accessible and the provide a rich learning experience in classes.

The many associations and clubs on campus, dorm life, and intra-murals promote unity, community and togetherness with my friends and I, along with the lounges for the commuters. The campus worship, chapel services and devotions have developed me spiritually and helped my Christianity. Overall, ORU is has been an amazing experience, and it is a highly recommendable place to achieve the next stage in educational aspirations.
The teachers are great, the students are amazing, the campus is always clean, the environment is wonderful. I love everything about this school.
I like the loving community. the pursuit of excellence, not only academically but also physically. The professors are genuinely caring with their students.
The things that I would like to see change, even though these changes are already in effect. I would like to see more investment towards the betterment of student life.; the upkeep of classrooms and dormrooms.
Review Oral Roberts University
My Experience at Oral Roberts University is one of the best places to be at. The community and the atmosphere is such a great place to be in. It is a positive university.
My experience at Oral Roberts University has been amazing! The faculty, advisors and students are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Almost all of my professors are very understanding and patient with students and care about their success in the class. Oral Roberts is a Christian university and so when you arrive from the very first day you will feel God's love through the people on campus. One of my most favorite events held on campus is Campus Worship. There is nothing like it. Everyone on campus gathers into the chapel to praise and worship. It feels like a concert!
Oral Roberts University is a fantastic college with a good, strong christian ethos. They emphasize on the whole person and truly the college moulds your mind, spirit and body. The school is relatively expensive but scholarship opportunities are available. The student association ensures good student life and living experience throughout your four year study.
My experience at Oral Roberts has been absolutely fantastic. The people here are so loving, and all of your professors want you to succeed. You are always welcome to come to them with questions, and more often than not they will do there best to help you. Also, the campus is beautiful. It's green basically year round, and they always plant new flowers. There is a gorgeous lake on campus, and the whole campus centers around our Prayer Tower which is gorgeous inside and out. The only thing I would think to change would be the amount of geese and squirrels on campus.
I have loved my experience at ORU. The students and faculty are very welcoming and easy to work with. I have gained a lot of connections which will help me in my future profession. I have also learned many essential skills in business and personal communication. Overall, ORU is a great university that I would highly recommend to anyone I meet.
ORU has a lot of standard. ORU has a "whole-person" education in place, where not only are students academically challenged, but physically, and spiritually as well.
It's a really beautiful school; a place full of love. Everyone is like a brother to everyone else, and it's a community of people who are passionate, and if these are things that are part of one's character, then this is a great university.
I am a person who dreams A LOT. And ORU is a place of dreamers, a place of doers. People at ORU do not just dream big dreams and wait years for them to hopefully come. Students have started ministries, non-profits, and businesses while at ORU. They believe in dreaming a dream, and then making that dream a reality.
Lastly, THE FOOD THERE IS AWESOME. And I recommend ORU to any Christian who is ready to get on a greater walk with God
This school is amazing. Wonderful staff and faculty. This is a great Spirit-Empowered school. Highly diverse student body. Very community centered.
Oral Roberts University is a great place to learn and grow! There are several facilities and they have many sports that you can get involved with.
I loved my time at ORU. It had it's challenges as any school would, but I enjoyed all my classes and dorm life was rewarding. Professors care about more than your coursework, they pray for you and offer guidance. The Student Association listens to both commuters and resident students. Tulsa is a great community to live in and around - plenty of job opportunities especially with an education from a respected school like ORU.
I am actually still a freshman at ORU; however, I have the unique experience of being a student while also working at ORU. I think the highlight of the school by far is the people. I have never meet a larger group of genuine and kind people who share similar interests, who are so willing to help and get to know you, than this university. I am the only freshman on my dorms floor, which is by choice because I have a friend who goes here. This doesn't change the fact that I now know seniors, juniors, and sophomores personally because I get to live with them everyday. This is a unique experience because I can learn from people who were just in the same situation as me only a few years earlier. One final thing I want to mention is the atmosphere of this school. The feeling of acceptance and togetherness is nearly tangible when on campus at this school, and that is incredibly rare for a globally involved university.
There are a few areas of study at Oral Roberts University that are excellent programs, including accounting, finance, nursing, and theology. Most other programs at ORU, however, are very poor. The ORU culture is also very strict and intolerant. You must sign an honor code stating that you will be a Christian and follow a strict moral code. Students have been denied their diplomas because of their beliefs, sexual orientation, etc.
Oral Roberts University has completely changed my life in ways that I can't even imangine. Not only finding my identity but also the academics they're just phenomenal. They encourage on getting to know your professors if you don't understand something or simply to just get more insight on the subject. Oral Roberts University also represents more than 50 nations. My university may be small but it's mighty. The vision/motto for this school is "Make no little plans here" which is so inspiring because it pushes you to pursue what You really want to accomplish and how.
It is a very safe campus. The classes were enjoyable for the most part, and the people there (including the professors) were very nice.
I love the community and academic environment at ORU. The Whole Person Education theme brought to every aspect of life as a student here has been life changing. The relationships and experiences I have received here will help me to better my future endeavors and reach goals set out before me. I would like to see better campus living in future years. That is the only thing I would change about this school.
Review Oral Roberts University
Provides an environment that focuses on mind, body, and spirit. Each area is heavily enforced by allowing the use of fitbit to ensure physical readiness, a prayer tower to keep you spiritually alive, and prayer gardens for you to go to for relaxation of the mind. ORU is one of the first major universities that has incorporated Fitbit into a students everyday life and be able to take data from it to see physical fitness. This is just one of the innovations at ORU.
I love the friendly atmosphere. The campus has beautiful architecture and agriculture. The spiritual life on this campus blesses me and helps me grow into a better person. This school prepares its students not only for life after college, but to lead in whatever industry we are in completion of graduation.
Oral Robert's is an amazing college for those looking for a Christian college experience. It has given me the necessary knowledge to help me fulfill the purpose I have for my life. It has given a sense of importance and gave me a vision for attending higher education after my undergraduate degree. The overall education and experience I'm receiving from Oral Robert's is astounding and second to none.