Olivet Nazarene University Reviews

1,221 reviews
So far the staff at Olivet Nazarene University have been so helpful during this process. I have found that everyone is really caring and willing to help you.
I visited Olivet Nazarene University and instantly fell in love with it! I loved how the environment and staff members there made me feel welcomed and right at home. The professors truly care about your success and will aide you if you are struggling. Professors and staff members are not only helping you grow at Olivet but also your future and career outside of Olivet. I loved how the environment is God based and it is so easy to make friends there on campus.
Olivet is an extremely nice environment, and everyone associated with Olivet is there to help you prepare for the future, as well as educate you with a Christian purpose.
Review Olivet Nazarene University
Having been in their ABSN program in Oakbrook, this is a terrible place to attend nursin school. They are liars and chest their students for money. Making money is their only priority and they use Christian name for it. Do not come to this here if you really want to be a nurse. You will suffer a lot.
Being a Student in their Oakbrook ABSN program, I have to say it one of the worst nursing programs. I am not a cry baby to go post on yelp to complain but rather someone who saw many of my classmates struggle under their treacherous and unprofessional professors. Their professor spend most time complaining, gossiping about students, finding problems in them that doesn't exist, and making them run in loops to have questions unanswered. They spend very little time teaching and guiding their students. They are always finding a reason to blame their students for this and that. Such a waste of time and money. I would have transferred out of this program if I knew this was such a terrible school at the beginning. Now I cannot because their credits wont transfer to another program as I am done with my first semester.

Do not come here if you really love nursing. By the time you are done you will hate Christianity and nursing. I hate every minute of my time here
Olivet is a great university for those seeking a strict judgmental campus. You have more freedom at home. I totally love the christian campus, but you have a curfew, dress code, many rules in the dorms, etc. Student life sucks very few clubs and opportunities.
I love all of my classes. The professors are fantastic and truly take the time to make sure you that you understand the material.
I love it here. I'm a sophomore and everything seemed right from the beginning. The environment is safe and I feel free. The people are so friendly and loving. The campus is beautiful. There are many food spots around, and food is awesome! Also, the professors are amazing! I love love love it!
Olivet is a great place, but it's true that it's not for everyone. There are a lot of rules so the whole "free range" college experience doesn't really apply here. But if you're looking for a great community of Christian believers at a reasonable price with great academics, then consider Olivet!
I love this school, it centers around Christ and has such a welcoming environment. There are so many events that give opportunities to meet all kinds of people and make friends.
Olivet is a wonderful school. It has a beautiful campus and the christian education is unmatched. I am very happy with my decision to come here and pursue my degree in Social Work.
I am an International Student here at Olivet, and there is no place I would rather be. I have had profs helping me and my friends till past midnight, that is a rarity. I think you get a lot more than just a diploma here, it get to grow as a person. Lots of options for housing, there are like 6-7 off campus apartment complexes that cost no more than dorms, and then there are also dorm options for upperclassmen.
Olivet had such a positive impact in my life! They encouraged me to grow deeper in my walk with Christ as well as challenged me academically.
I loved my experience at Olivet. It is a great school that provides incredible opportunities. Just like any school, your experience is what you make it.
I really enjoy being a part of these campus and so glad I am able to receive an education with a Christian purpose!
I Went on a visit to Oliviet Nazarene University in November. Had a great time and it is a great school. I look forward to going back as I my senior Year of high school comes up to decide whether or not I want to go their.
I have loved the environment at this school. Most people seem extremely genuine and authentic. Moreover, from an academic standpoint, the professors are excellent and I couldn't ask for anyone more devoted to providing an excellent educatioin.
Review Olivet Nazarene University
I love the Christian atmosphere. I enjoy going to Chapel two times per week and how professors will pray before classes. I also enjoy the size. It is small enough to walk anywhere in 5 minutes but big enough I don't see the same people all the time.
Olivet is an amazing community to be apart of. I really miss it. The university is very good at making the college experience a memorable one. All the community events bring the campus together as a family. The staff make it an effort to make sure you succeed in your classes and in your future carriers. A professor saw that I was struggling in her class; and she gave me ways to study affectively for her exams which in turn helped me to pass her class. The atmosphere about the campus is very welcoming and enjoyable.
Olivet has a great Christian community. The surrounding area is kind of sparse in regards to entertainment and restaurants but there is still plenty to do and see if you get a little creative. The campus provides a lot of stuff for students to do. The housing is pretty nice if not a little small. The food is mediocre but there are a lot of options and flexibility. The professors are invested in the students. There is more diversity than in previous years, but there still isn't a lot. There are a lot of sports teams, but there isn't great student enthusiasm for them. We have chapel twice a week which i enjoy. Some people don't like having chapel. There are a lot of ministries and clubs that you can get involved in. I really like this school, but there is a curfew and a dress code which doesn't sit well with some people. I recommend Olivet for the somewhat conservative Christian. I like the size. It's small but not too small. And ONU is pretty good about giving out financial aid.