Olivet Nazarene University Reviews

1,247 reviews
Olivet is a fun, caring university that creates a fantastic atmosphere all around campus. People here care and go out of their way to create relationships with you. Olivet gives you an education with a Christian purpose. There are lots of opportunities to get involved on campus outside of class. Intramurals happen year-round and are competitive and fun. Olivet puts on all-school parties/events during syllabus week and around holidays with free food and games. Olivet really caters to freshmen to make sure they have a great experience and feel like they belong. There are always plenty of jobs on and off campus as there is a pretty large community around campus. Every room comes with a Tempur-Pedic bed, making it impossible to get out of bed in the morning. High ceilings for bunking beds to create more room. After freshman year, you have an option to live off-campus in an apartment. All rent is included in the room and board fees. All laundry is free on and off campus.
Olivet Nazarene University is a great medium-sized school with plenty of resources and excellent instruction.
ONU is such a great university. There are so many nice people here. The campus is beautiful and there are so many events to be part of here.
Start Your Review of Olivet Nazarene University
As a current graduate student I feel like the program fits to my current needs. I am able to continue working part time while still being enrolled full time. This program requires a lot of dedication outside of the classroom but being able to manage my own schedule makes everything possible for me. The communication with professors and advisors has been great from the beginning.
I loved the friendly environment and the people in it. I would definitely recommend going to Olivet.
I love the atmosphere here at Olivet, everyone is always really friendly. I have made lots of friends through playing soccer and classes. The food quality could be a little better but it is still good. All of the professors are great and try to incorporate God into classes.
Olivet has provided me with many different opportunities and I am valued, wanted, and invested in as a student.
I felt like Olivet was a home away from home. I met a ton of new and friendly people. My dorm was good and friendly, plus it was easy to the new adjust. I got a quality education inside and outside the classroom. It is not a party school, so I am able to focus. There is a lot of events for students and things to do in the city. This place has really encouraged and help me grow in my faith. I would recommend going here if you want to attend a small school and to learn more about faith.
Olivet Nazarene University is a wonderful place to get your degree. The professors are dedicated and caring and want to see students succeed. The campus is peaceful but also filled with many activities of different interest.
My experience at Olivet has been great! I really enjoy the athletics programs! Football, in particular, has brought me great mentors, coaches, and friends. The teachers care about the students and everyone is united to impact the world in a Christ-like manner.
I love the close-knit community that Olivet offers. I wish food allergy accommodations were improved.
I liked how nice and knowledgeable to students and teachers were who were helping me when I visited. They have many opportunities available there for different people with different interests. I respect the fact that they learn with a Christian purpose and how there are different speakers who come to the chapel to talk to the students in a mandatory 15-minute, 2-day a week meeting. The campus layout is large, but easy to follow for the most part, and the architecture is superb and has a lot of character. I am planning on staying in the upperclassman girl's dorm and most campuses do not have this option. The school is very diverse with several people from many backgrounds as well.
I love the professors and programs. The people are all extremely nice and professors are helpful and understanding. The are many programs to ensure student success with academics. The Christian aspect is very amazing.
Olivet is so much better than I could have ever dreamed. I’ve recieved a Christ centered education and have made incredible friends and memories.
All the staff at olivet has been extremely nice. Some of the policies in regards to admission is overrated and I would like to see that change.
No greek life, dorm life is not great, no microwaves allowed. Professors are good, not a partying school =(
I love the atmosphere and the amount of activities that you can join!! The academic programs are top notch and they offer well rounded curriculums for each major.
Start Your Review of Olivet Nazarene University
Everyone is so helpful and concerned about one another. We enjoy every time we are on campus. Even though, we don't have any family that went to ONU, we are involved in the university in one way or another. If it's going to church on campus, going to turkey tournaments, football games, or bears camp.I cannot wait to start my journey at ONU.
I attended Olivet from Fall 2013 to Spring 2017. The school reached out to me, offering a wonderful scholarship that allowed me to pay the high tuition. I am glad I attended and made wonderful friends.
I was originally an English Education Major, but ultimately graduated with an English degree. The English department was amazing . You can tell that the professors are dedicated and enjoy their work. I loved my lit courses, especially Literary theory.
I liked the education school and the professors. However, I often felt that the Secondary education majors were put on the back burner. Secondary was obviously not a priority. This was a common complaint.
Olivet is great! It's a very safe place to be, and the campus area has a pretty good variety of things.