Oklahoma City University Reviews

I came to OCU from Las Vegas and I am so beyond happy that I did. This university has the best family atmosphere and I am truly pleased with how welcomed I felt and still feel. Professors are always willing to help you and want you to do your best. They are at the tips of your fingertips if you need to talk-- literally, I text my professors, not many students can say they do that. The school overall has a big family feel. The athletics department is the best in the NAIA. We have won the most National Championships and we have a great director and assistant director behind us that support all teams, no matter the sport.
I was a member of the dance department. The school is so well organized and the material I learned is invaluable to me in my future career.
Oklahoma City University is a wonderful university where students are free to express themselves without judgement.
Start Your Review of Oklahoma City University
My time there was like no other, everyone there was friendly and embracing. I felt like i was at home
I have enjoyed my time at Oklahoma City University thus far. I have been challenged by the faculty to think and create in many ways outside of the dance studio. I have been set up to succeed in the entertainment industry by the rigorous coursework and schedule we as dancers have.
The student and faculty community of OCU is great. However, it's very expensive and the facilities and amenities need a lot of improvement.
im just doing this to get my work done and and the thing is very great and is a it a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a
As a student athlete and musician at Oklahoma City University, I experience a wide variety of things. One day I will be playing volleyball or watching another sport compete, the next day I will be watching my roommate act in a play. Everyday is a different day and it is a great experience. It is an everyday thing to hear students singing on their way to class. I also hear different languages and accents all around campus. OCU has a very diverse group of students, they come from all around the country to earn their degree from here. I feel that my college experience is more diverse than most!
Oklahoma City University fosters a nice, small community for college - small class sizes, nice relationships with teacher, short walks to class. But it is over-priced, the food in the cafeteria isn't very good, and most students there were born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
The faculty and professors at the Kramer School of Nursing at OCU are incredible. They have the student's best interest at heart and ensure that the students utilize every possible avenue for success.
The facility is super clean, the campus is nice and clean and small enough to get to different buildings on time. I love the drama department and all the different performing arts classes available and love the student body.
Good school overall especially if you are into Dancing, Singing, or acting. Smaller school makes in easier to get to know everyone which is always a good thing. Good professors with small class sizes makes it easier to work with.
This college is definitely worth all the money, but it was just way too busy for me. I was in constant stress mode, but I know people who can thrive in that kind of environment. Unfortunately, I can't.
Oklahoma City University is rapidly becoming the leader of the arts in the South/Southwest. Class sizes are small, and curriculum is molded to you. The music education department has exploded within the past 4 years with the addition of Dr. Michael Raiber on faculty, a national and leading expert in the field. The program is breaking new grounds working hand-in-hand with the extraordinary El Sistema Oklahoma, and the program is supported by the state's most prolific Collegiate National Association for Music Education (CNAfME) chapter.
The professors are all experts in their fields. I have not had one professor who was assigned to teach a class in which he was not highly experienced and had already taught in the past. Many classes are lecture based, but the professors are able to review or clarify information upon a students' request, as the average class size is 17 students.
100% of business finance and accounting majors are employed upon graduation. 98% of nursing majors make it into nursing school upon graduation. The school has the second highest turn out on Broadway in the country. 80% of biology majors make it into med-school upon graduation.
Students had to do a course load on the safety tips and statistics before entering OCU. Of the entire last school year, there was one reported rape. Sexual assaults rarely, if ever, occur, as the student body of the undergraduates is slightly over 1200, and reputations would be very much at stake for anyone involved. Also, the atmosphere is committed and focused on pursuing careers, so the party scene is minimal.
Start Your Review of Oklahoma City University
The housing I am in is called Walker hall. It is set up for the purpose of privacy and efficient space... It is very difficult to run out of storage space, as every piece of furniture in the rooms are built with slide out drawers and are able to be moved into convenient, out-of-the-way spaces.
I was recruited by Lambda Chi Alpha but did not join due to financial difficulties. I plan on joining as soon as funds are available, as the fraternity life at Oklahoma City University are beyond all expectations I had due to observing State School fraternities. The guys are very diverse in their background and culture, and being with them is the closest thing to a brotherhood I could imagine.
I am a walk on to the rowing team, and the boat house is an Olympic training center on the river in OKC. It's pretty hard to beat the facilities we have; OU and UCO both send their teams up to our boathouse to share in the amazing opportunities we have to train.