Oklahoma City University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Methodist
NAIA Division I
Sooner Athletic Conference
Oklahoma City University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.39 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.39 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.46 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.53 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.23 responses
Oklahoma City University Reviews
Review Oklahoma City University
Oklahoma City University is rapidly becoming the leader of the arts in the South/Southwest. Class sizes are small, and curriculum is molded to you. The music education department has exploded within the past 4 years with the addition of Dr. Michael Raiber on faculty, a national and leading expert in the field. The program is breaking new grounds working hand-in-hand with the extraordinary El Sistema Oklahoma, and the program is supported by the state's most prolific Collegiate National Association for Music Education (CNAfME) chapter.
Oklahoma City University is commonly referred to as Over Committed University. The dance program and the musical theater program are of the top most renowned in the country. It has the second highest Broadway turn out in the country, yet there are only 1200 undergraduates. The school offers a liberal arts education, giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a broad spectrum of studies and activities. I personally am a double major in Music Performance and Economics, I am a walk on to the rowing team and I am a member of the undergraduate investment club.
Never had any issues with campus housing. There is definitely one dorm that ranks above the others, but there are options and that's always great!