Ohio Wesleyan University Reviews

The class size is amazing, the professors are really helpful and passionate about making sure you are learning and understanding the material. I've met people from all over and I had an opportunity to travel across the globe as well. I wish it wasn't so expensive, however, there are scholarship opportunities but most people still end up with tons of loans.
I am currently a freshman here at OWU but I'm not sure how much longer I will be attending here. If you feel like a small school isn't for you then I'd encourage you to not apply here. Socially things have been extremely difficult for me as I have not been able to find a sense of belonging. It's important to note that I am not in a sport or Greek life, and at least in my own personal opinion, if you aren't involved in either you sort of get put into no man's land socially speaking. The parties, sports, and surrounding town are nothing special. While this isn't the school for me though, it'd be unfair to say that is bad for everyone. Some people can thrive here and kudos to them. I am not one of them though.
As of right now, Ohio Wesleyan University is my favorite place to be. The campus and town areas are both really nice to walk around, the professors are all really lively, and the student body is very diverse. The only downsides are that the residence halls could use some maintenance, and the food quality can be variable, depending on the day.
Start Your Review of Ohio Wesleyan University
I loved my experience at Ohio Wesleyan. I am beyond grateful for my education, alumni connections, staff support, and faculty relationships. I LOVED living in the Honors House my senior year and Ohio Wesleyan is on the rise. The off-campus opportunities are incredible and are reflected on campus through the programs and everything else on campus. I love OWU.
I would like to see more diversity and involvement around campus. The professors and faculty are amazing. They are truly passionate about what they do and always willing to go the extra mile for you. I've met wonderful people including my best friend. Its kind of a bittersweet feeling leaving next spring.
OWU has a small, tight-knit campus. The students really get to interact with their professors.
(currently enrolled here)
Requirements are difficult to meet while also achieving your major requirements. Classes are fun and interesting but hard to get into depending on the class.
I begin my sophomore year this August, and at first, I was very unsure about attending a small university in what some people would say is located in the middle of nowhere. However, my experience thus far has been nothing but positive at OWU. In all areas, whether it is academics, student life ... etc. I've met amazing people and made significant and unique connections. I will for sure be here until my senior year.
I would give this school one star if I could. The two years that I spent at OWU were without a doubt the worst two years of my life. The campus sucks, Delaware is sub-par at best, and the parties are wayy below average. The professors and classes are ok but honestly nothing special. Not at all surprised that this school has a garbage retention rate. If you are considering attending this school I'd highly reccommend you discuss other options, unless you want to spend four years at a below average school in a shitty midwestern town. That being said, I'm happy for those who have had a good experience at OWU, just be wary before you send a deposit.
I believe it is the place where students can be themselves. The academics is excellent. The professors are great!!!!! Love the schools.
Small town atmosphere, safe, plenty to do, liberal arts, fun fun fun! Professors are readily available to help grow my learning.75% of all students are involved in Division 3 sports, with excellent facilities. Great coaches who want to see you grow and be better. Close proximity to state capital and job opportunities after graduation. 90% of graduates leave college with a quality job offer. Students are well rounded and able to overcome all issues faced to them in real life experiences . Career opportunities are plentiful, with over sees classes also.
I've truly enjoyed my last 3 years at Ohio Wesleyan. The small school atmosphere provides a great sense of community and I appreciate the small classroom size. The professors truly care about your success.
I love OWU so far!! The academics are wonderful and my classes are very enjoyable and push me to work hard. I am happy with my choice of school and have joined many clubs and extracurriculars.
I enjoy OWU due to it's small classroom sizes and the athletics programs. The food situation is poor, but they are making drastic changes next year. I would like to see the party scene be stronger, not that many people go out. The campus is beautiful, but it has some what of a depressing vibe about it that is caused by the students.
I so far love Ohio Wesleyan. I have visited many times, met most of the professors I will have, roomed on overnights with current students, tried the cafeteria food, went to a football game, and so much more. Since I live relatively close to OWU, I am capable of visiting much more than the average prospective student. Since I will be beginning classes in August 2018 I have been able to meet so many kind people who are so willing to help.
Not enough acceptance, staff (not including professors) are horrible and rude to us students. If you don’t fit into the “liberal” state of mind, you will have a hard time going here.
What I like about the college is that it's small which means it is easier to get to know people, make new friends and have new experiences. What I believe should change is how professors handle those who have disabilities. They should have a meeting with all professors explaining to them the difficulties and struggles those with disabilities go through and how they should treat those students with those disabilities. They should also tell them what should be expected from the students and what is unacceptable from professors.
Start Your Review of Ohio Wesleyan University
The classes are great and the campus is beautiful with its old architecture. Food here can range range from very good to okay, but they have different cafes around campus. The sports teams are are pretty average.
My experience here at Ohio Wesleyan University has not been the best. If you are conservative, someone who doesn't like to party every weekend and doesn't play any collegiate sports then maybe OWU isn't for you. I am all of the said things and I have made no friends here. I was extremely social in high school with friends, I was captain of my soccer team and I was on prom court. This adjustment has been horrible and I am transferring out after this semester.
The environment here is great. There are many interesting, weirdly wonderful people that attend here. The professors are encouraging and helpful, but also tough.