- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeC+
For everyone's well-being, Ohio Wesleyan is not hosting on-campus visits during the spring of 2020, but we invite you to take a virtual tour, create a custom viewbook, chat one-on-one with students, faculty, and staff, and connect in other ways as you search for the right school for you. Go to owu.edu/econnect for a full list of ways to reach us. We're here to help!
Ohio Wesleyan students take advantage of vast opportunities: 90 majors, internships, mentored research, study abroad, 25 varsity sports, and fine and performing arts. The OWU Connection sets us apart, designed to help students gain the global knowledge and real-world experience employers and graduate schools value. Our historic 200-acre campus is a short walk from more than 25 restaurants and coffee shops in our Ohio-friendly hometown, and we're just north of Columbus, named America's #2 city for new grads. Our Branch Rickey Scholarship guarantees $30,000 to students with at least a 3.4 GPA and 23 ACT or 1150 SAT.
Ohio Wesleyan University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.38 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.46 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.46 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.50 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.55 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.23 responses
Ohio Wesleyan University Reviews
The dorms are disgusting yet all new/updated buildings are dedicated to freshman, assumably to help with OWU's terrible retention rate. In terms of housing, you're screwed as an upperclassmen. And the university purposefully makes it extremely difficult to live off campus.
OWU also treats its minority students as "tokens" in order to brag about diversity but offer very few resources to minority students and the campus itself is incredibly segregated.
The main redeeming thing about OWU is the professors. They are some of the best people I've ever met and the main reason I haven't left.