High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.7 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.7 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.7 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities15 Graduates
Business Administration and Management8 Graduates
High School Education7 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies5 Graduates
Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies5 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems4 Graduates
Biblical Studies3 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- We don't have enough responses to know if Greek life is an important part of the social scene.Take our survey
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.7 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
Ohio Valley University Reviews
I live in Parkersburg, West Virginia so I know all about Vienna. It's a very good place to grow up or go to college because it's pretty safe around these parts. There's not too much to do here but it's just a good area to live in. I'm studying energy management and production engineering (EMPE) and so far I'm loving it and I just got straight a's for my first semester. Dr. Blair is the main professor for EMPE and he's one of the best people that you could ever meet. We have 4 social groups for students to join in; which are delta, kappa, sigma, and theta. Joining a group is a good way to make new friends, make memories, compete in sports against other social groups, and a good way to get community service hours. I'm also a thrower for OVU's track and field team and it's also been a lot of fun but challenging at the same time because this has been our first year. We have a lot of other sports for people to do here also.
Very conservative Christian and therefore a toxic environment for a gay person. Professors are influenced heavily by the conservative Christian donors that the school relies on, so topics on homosexuality and evolution are biased. The school is incredibly close knit. It functions a lot like a small town in itself. People compare it a lot to a family, which is accurate if your family is over-controlling and bigoted. If you happen to be like everyone else there (Church of Christ christian, straight, conservative) or can at least keep quiet, then you're golden. If you don't fit in to this tight mold, you don't belong there.
I really do love Ohio Valley University, especially the small class sizes. Teachers are incredibly helpful and truly do care about your success in and outside the classroom. They help shape you into the person you want to become and ultimately the job you want to get after graduation.