Ohio University Reviews

3,207 reviews
An amazingly beautiful campus. Professors that acknowledge you and are willing to help you. wide variety of activities. Student involvement encouraged. loved dorm life.
Ohio University offers a diverse and accepting campus with many opportunities for involvement. Along with opportunities for involvement there are many different majors to suit your needs and interesting classes within the major.
I enjoy Ohio University. As a journalism major, i find that all of the necessities i need to become successful are available to me. The staff is very helpful and the campus is beautiful. This is definitely a school i would recommend to anyone interested.
Review Ohio University
Beautiful campus setting in a nice little town. I had great professors and learned a lot. Was known for being a party school when I was there, but there are non-partying things you can do as well. Go hiking at Hocking Hills!
Ohio University has been by home for the past 2 years. I am currently going into my junior year and my major is business marketing. I have been exposed to many difference cultures, professors and new friends. My past 2 years being on campus have been super. Ohio University is a beautiful campus and I am glad to call it my college.
I am very excited to see and learn many new experiences this upcoming year.
everyone is like a family there! the school is beautiful, and it is very warm and accepting. I would recommend this school to anyone. Attending OU was the best decision i made.
I just transferred to Ohio University this past year and so far I really enjoy it. It was difficult for me to make friends but luckily I found out about club sports as a way to meet people. I think OU should advertise clubs and organizations more often so that transfer students and freshman can have more of an opportunity to meet people and be able to have something to do.
My experience at OU is very influential. The professors are high experts in their fields along with graduate students with assistant ships. Ohio University is surrounded by a beautiful countryside with a strong student body packed with diversity.
Beautiful campus that you will fall in love with at first sight, helpful faculty, and outstanding academics
I cannot describe how amazing Ohio University was in preparing my for my chosen career and as a better citizen of my communities. Classes, university programming, and student organizations all incorporated values of citizenship and community to give every student a chance for finding their niche.
I was in two programs at OU. Both were in communications. One of the programs, called ITS, went very well. I learned a lot about business and information systems and the professors mostly did their jobs. The other one was in the school of media arts and studies. Let me tell you from experience, if you are in the school of media arts and studies, be careful what professors/grad students you pick for your classes. Generally speaking, you will have political agendas thrown at you that you did not ask for. You might sign up for "video production basics", when the class should actually be called "video production and identity politics". I personally think the cult of identity politics is neurotic, divisive, racist, sexist, and puts men in particular into horrendous double binds, yet I could not avoid having the subject forcefully shoved down my throat through classes that were mandatory for graduation. Also, try to avoid dorms; they tend to be massive rip offs.
I have been attending Ohio University for four years. The professors at Ohio University are very accessible to their students at all times. They will help with any question or concern they can whether it is about their class in particular or any other question you may have. Ohio University has a variety of courses and programs that a students can attend and it is very easy to switch your major if you decide later you went down the wrong path in the beginning. This is an amazing school and a great way to get the necessary education to begin your future.
I love Ohio University. The campus is beautiful and the classes are challenging. The only thing I wish was better was communication wit advisors and a website that was easier to navigate.
Ohio University is a great school with a calm but also fun atmosphere. Everyone there is friendly and open to accepting new ideas. The academics are hard enough to challenge your mind but with so many resources such as free tutoring, study sessions led by people who have already taken the class and the professors' flexibility with their office hours, it makes the probability of failing a class slim to none.The local food places around campus however are severely slacking, with the only food chains close by being Wendy's and Chipotle; each dining hall has a variety of options that makes it possible for everyone (no matter their diet) to have something to eat. As for the party scene, well we aren't known as the "number one party school" just for kicks and giggles. While there are some areas that can be improved, Ohio University is a great school where anyone, no matter there interests, beliefs, or mindset can find there place and call it hOUme.
I liked the nursing RN-BSN online program's five week classes. Typically, you are required to complete a discussion post and respond to classmates' posts and write an APA paper once a week. The five week classes helped me stay focused and allowed me to complete three classes easily each semester, one by one! I enjoyed the program and the fact it was all online was great for me as a full time nurse and mother of two.
I like that Ohio University makes you feel at home. I transferred to this institution in hopes of finding a place I could fit in and call home. I definitely am getting this experience at OU.
I liked the atmosphere and the campus is unbelievably beautiful! I wish there was more to do within the area because not having a car makes me feel trapped on campus without a lot to do on the weekends.
Review Ohio University
The Ohio University is an ideal place to attend all four years of college. The university has a very diverse scene of people and a very welcoming community!
I love going to school here. The Forensic Chem program is top notch. THe professors are friendly and willing to help you out as long as you are willing to make an effort.
Great community and academic programs. Always things to do, even events that do not involve heading to the bars. Large variety of student organizations and ways for students to become more involved at Ohio University and with the Athens Community. The faculty and staff are above average, the professors go beyond what is expected to make sure students are understanding the concepts and learning concepts they will be able to apply to jobs after college.