Ohio University - Eastern Reviews

I attended OUE because they offered me a scholarship for a free year of college and I could continue to live at home where the cost of living is low. The grand majority of students attend for the same reason with most moving on from the school within a few years to complete their degrees elsewhere. That's why the 'student scene' depends on reach out to others in the same class; Majority of us work. The courses are well put together without too much stress.
The professors care about their students and are completely understandable. The professors understand that this is not our only class and that the students have stressful lives. The professors are available whenever we need them and the professors respond to our emails in an fast, appropriate manner. The professors become your "school parents". I am proud to be a Ohio University Eastern student, especially in the Social Work program. Thank you Dr. Galbreath, Dr. Greenlee, and Tracy Pritchard for all of your help and guidance throughout my journey as a Social Work student!
My time spent at Ohio University Eastern, in my opinion was very well worth it for me. In my time there i made some great connections with students and professors alike. I earned some great credits that will transfer over to other colleges for me in the future. This just means it helped me get a great education for a much lower cost, which is really beneficial for me and my family.
Start Your Review of Ohio University - Eastern
OUE is very personable, meaning small class sizes etc. I've met some very awesome professors but also some very average.
Love it! Great professors and the student to teacher ratio is nice. I would stay if they offered the degree I'm pursuing.. only setback!
While Ohio University Eastern is a regional campus of Ohio University, the academics are stellar. While you are at a regional campus, you are still receiving a quality education at an affordable price.
I attended Ohio University Eastern from 2015-2016 as a 17 year old freshman. I enjoyed my OUE experience overall. It's a nice community college with a small campus and has a homey feel to it. Most of the faculty are helpful although I had a couple issues with some faculty members not caring to particularly much. Everyone pretty much kept to themselves but I made a couple friends while attending. Class sizes were relatively small so the professors are a little more accessible. It's a good starter college.
Overall experience here has been good. There are some really awesome and helpful professors but at the same time, some of the advisers aren't very helpful. There are a lot of clubs to get involved in during down time and a great campus gym. My only complaint is that being a branch of the bigger school, we dont have many activities such as dances or get togethers as a student body.
My professors are very intelligent and actually want to help us (students). I like how the tuition isn't as expensive as the other colleges around me are and I like how I can get my degree without going to the main campus.
Because I live in a very small, rural area, there isn't much diversity to begin with. Most of the population are white, middle class Republicans, followed by African-Americans. I am half-Filipino, and although there seems to be a growing Asian population, there still isn't a very large Asian population in the area. That being said, OUE isn't the most diverse of schools. The student body is predominantly white. However, most of the students are acceptable of minorities. Very, very rarely do I come across a student who is racist or homophobic or anything of the sort.
Up until this year, I had no problem with the financial aid office at OU. Everything was processed and I had my refund by the first day of class. However, at the start of this current semester, one of my scholarships was lost somewhere in the office. It wasn't processed until about a month into the semester, and I didn't get a refund check for another week.
OUE was a last minute choice for me. I started at The Ohio State University, but the campus size and class sizes intimidated me and I didn't see myself doing well there. I applied and was accepted to OUE the Friday before the fall semester started, all thanks to the office staff at OUE. They got me registered, gave me a schedule, and got me to class all in the first day of classes. Not only did they do all of this for me in such a short period of time, but they also found me a scholarship that covered my tuition for my first two years there.

When I graduated from high school, I was a Buckeye. There were no other schools I wanted to attend. Now, I'm in my third at OUE and I love it. Sure, I'll have some issues with the school every now and then, but I am actually very glad I ended up at OUE. I've made great friends there, my professors actually know me by name and are pushing for me to get into grad school, and I get to stay at home with my family. If I had to go back and pick between staying at OSU or coming to OUE, I'd still come to OUE.
Given that exercise physiology is one of the largest majors, if not the largest, at OUE, the faculty and staff take pretty good care of us ex phys students. However, there are some things I believed could be improved. Our curriculum is challenging, but not impossible. Of all the classes we take and professors we have, there are really only two professors and four classes we have a problem with. They are the hardest classes taught by the two hardest professors, yet they're only offered once a year. If you don't pass, you're pushed back a year in graduation. Our facilities aren't state-of-the-art, but they're not ancient either. We can still get our work done with what we have. As for internship and job opportunities provided by the school, there really aren't any. If you want a job or internship, for the most part, you have to find them yourself.
Most of the professors at OUE are awesome. There are few here and there that seem to be the pickiest of graders and their classes are impossible to pass, but they're smart people and know their stuff. Maybe they're just not the best of educators. Curriculum isn't hard or ridiculous. Most of our major requirements meet graduation requirements, which make it easier to get classes done.
OUE is mostly white and black students. I think there's maybe one or two who are Asian and/or Hispanic. I think it's still a lot like high school. There are cliques everywhere; some are acceptive, some not so much.
For what I'm paying, I think I'm getting a decent education. I have a scholarship that covers most of my tuition, so I can't complain too much. I've never really had too much of a problem with financial aid, but I know many students who have.
Online classes at OUE are your typical online classes. You have online quizzes, submit everything online, and of course discussion boards. In my opinion, they're convenient for fulfilling degree requirements, but I don't really learn anything.
Start Your Review of Ohio University - Eastern
Because OUE is such a small school, it doesn't offer much. We have 14 bachelor degree programs, all which students are supposed to be able to complete at OUE, but usually this isn't the case. There are no dorms, so there's really no campus life or social scene on the campus itself. We have a gym and a basketball court, but that's about it. OUE doesn't offer too much "unique" opportunities, either. About the only thing "unique" it offers is an internship when during your last semester, but many schools offer that.
Ohio University Eastern wasn't my first choice for school. I started at Ohio State but because of my residency location, things didn't work out. I moved back home a week later not knowing if I'd find a school to go to, let alone start on time. Of the local colleges and universities, OUE wouldn't be my first choice. But because of tuition costs, OUE was all I could afford. I enrolled on the first day of classes and was, fortunately, able to attend my classes that same day.

I left Ohio State because I lived on one side of campus and my classes were on the opposite side. With 15 minutes between classes, numerous construction zones, and a roughly 3-square-mile campus, this was intimidating to me as a freshman. So I love the fact that OUE is only two buildings. I also love that my class sizes are so small. It's easier to get a professor's attention if I need help, and lab's aren't too packed.

What I don't like about OUE is our course schedule. It's never the same every semester or year, so it makes it hard to plan ahead. Another problem with scheduling at OUE is that a lot of the classes I need are only offered once a year and usually at the same time as another class I need. The only way around this is to either go to another OU regional campus (the closest being 90 minutes away) or take online classes (if they're offered online).

I love being at OUE because it's small and close to home. I get to stay at home, rent free, and continue to work. But if scheduling becomes too much of a headache, I'm afraid I'll have to transfer to another school in hopes of graduating on time.
The athletic facility is the best thing on campus. It is practically new, with machines, a court, all the jazz you'd expect of a gym (no pool) and they offer classes for aerobics, yoga, etc. The library is small, doesn't really have a large selection of materials, classrooms are bare- sort of reminds me of a white walled mental institution- there is no student center and barely any clubs or student activities.