Ohio Northern University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering48 Graduates
Civil Engineering22 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production22 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science18 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems17 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering15 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.26 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.43 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Ohio Northern University Reviews
Ohio Northern is a very prestiguous school full of opportunity. My experiences here so far have been greatly beneficial to my future already and have allowed me to start making numerous professional connections just 8 weeks into being here. The small community here makes everyone feel like family. The one-on-one time that you can get from your professors is extremely beneficial. Every professor cares about YOU succeeding. Every department is successful here and I do not know of many small town colleges that are strong in every single major. You'll even see plenty of furry creatures such as the squirrels, ducks, geese, and swans! Plus, chicken tenders from World of Wings Cafe. Nothing beats this small and diverse campus.
It is very wealthy and full of great resources, but I went there and they didn't tell me they didn't even really offer my degree track, even though it is on every website. I wasted my money not learning for a semester because they didn't offer it. The chair of the department advised no one else take this track either, but failed to tell us. The sciences are strong and engineering and business. Music and arts are not. English is okay. They have chicken tenders though and are polar bears which makes everything better. People are very stuck up and mean rich kids. Athletics are strong and academics, but it is not a friendly place. It is more of a battle field. I had a professor give my class all the answers to a final. Very unprofessional in the arts departments.
Ohio Northern is great. The professors seem to genuinely care about my education (as an individual). They have open office hours and provide resources for the students to utilize. They are very helpful in answering questions. The athletics and facilities at ONU are amazing as well. Our sports teams win numerous conference championships across all sports every year and the facilities that they play in are top notch. The campus is not too big, as it is a small school, but it is wide open and breathtakingly beautiful.