Oglala Lakota College Reviews

The experience at this college is great because I'm around all Native people and the culture is unique. I would like to see more courses offered and bigger dorms.
I have went to Oglala Lakota College for one semester. I have had an great experience and expect to get my degree with Oglala Lakota college . The teachers along with counselor's are great to work with I have a good relationship with my advisor she is awesome.
The school hours really work out for me. It lets me work around my work schedule and other plans for my classes.
Review Your College
It is okay to some extent because I work good by myself so it don't really matter to me.
I am not really sure about that I didn't look into it.
  • Mar 22 2016
  • Value
I have instructors that really help me in my careers and future and I really appreciate their concern for their students.
  • Mar 22 2016
  • Value
You have some instructors that really help you out and some that are your average teacher that don't go of their way to help you out.
The instructors really help me advance my knowledge of the real world.
One of the perks of going to a small school is that you get hands on experience with the projects and work.
Oglala Lakota College offers get assistance to graduating students, including job fairs, further education, and support through it all.
  • Feb 3 2016
  • Value
At Oglala Lakota College there are a wide variety of classes offered at different times and on different days. Also, the college has several centers through the West side of the state so if a class you want is not offered at the center near you, you can take the class at another center.
So far my experience with the instructors has been great. They are all very passionate about their students and their work.
I have known several Oglala Lakota College graduates over the years and they all have had success in jobs after graduating. The college hosts career fairs at the end of each semester in order to help students gain employment.
  • Feb 3 2016
  • Value
Oglala Lakota College make me feel involved in my major and allows me to be very involved in my course load. I am currently taking basic classes but have already discussed my course load throughout my years here with my counselor to make sure I stay on track and get my degree in a timely manner.
In entering college, everyone has been so helpful. From helping me set up tutoring to getting my books to proof reading scholarship essays. The teachers are very passionate about their students and making sure that they succeed. Oglala Lakota College is not only about teaching the students but is also about instilling values and strong morals in their students.
I believe that the school is very good at dealing with credit transfers. I don't believe I have had a problem with the school.
I have not yet signed up for any online courses in the college I attend, although it is provided.
Review Your College
I am not quite sure of this area as I have not seen anything or asked about that yet.
  • Jan 29 2016
  • Value
I would have to say that there are some opportunities of internships, and job offers in the school. I would have hoped there were more but it is adequate. It is possible to find at least one per semester.
  • Jan 29 2016
  • Value
I have a full load of classes, the first class I have is Human Anatomy which is a pictel class of 4 students, who are very helpful in making sure everyone has their assignments. The teacher is in another city and teachers through online video, I see no problem only that I can't really talk to him face to face unless I call or email. In my second class Lakota History II, I feel very involved. Our Tribal Councilman came to our class and spoke to us about the issues on the reservation and took questions. I enjoyed listen and participating. It even sparked my interest in the community more. General Psychology is a very informative class, and the teacher is very friendly and easy to talk to, I enjoy this class. The last class is Intro to literature, it is also very informative and interesting because I like to write on my own. I believe it will be very helpful in developing my writing skills. I feel I have a good experience with the student community, I have had no problems with others around me. Both faculty and students are very friendly and helpful if I have questions.