Occidental College Reviews

My overall experience is pretty good. Small class sizes allow for a better understanding of the coursework. Not too diverse, since it's still a small school. Great location with much to do in surrounding neighborhoods.
Beautiful school, amazing campus. Occidental would be my #1 choice in private colleges. They have so much to offer. A plus is its really close to home so i wont be too far. I'd definitely go there then transfer into a bigger school, i love how the classes have small amount of students. Which is great because then students don't get overwhelmed on not get much attention in the class.
Occidental is a great small liberal arts college. The faculty and administration truly care about the individual students. The population is diverse, and the college is very close to Los Angeles and Pasadena, so there is opportunity to get off campus and go into the city. Additionally, there are plenty of internships and opportunities to make contacts with businesses and firms that do business in Los Angeles.
Review Occidental College
Occidental was great. I enjoyed the small class sizes and the close knit community. It was difficult to get into some of the science classes I needed, so I ended up in some very difficult classes just to satisfy the basic requirements. I recommend joining extra curriculars and sports if you can, and make use of the amazing library.
Occidental is a great liberal arts college with a great location in Los Angeles. The students are what makes the college great, and the diversity and determination of the student body are what makes Occidental a great experience.
An outstanding school with superb professors who care about their students. Athletics and the arts at Occidental are also great.

Having been on 50+ campuses in the past four years, Occidental probably has one of the most beautiful campuses in the entire U.S. And the weather is fantastic.

Last but not least, Occidental is the only small liberal arts college in the U.S. to actually be in a major city. I can't say enough about the opportunities that this brings for Oxy students.
I am having an incredible experience here. I enjoyed my classes and clubs, and had a great time being active in campus life.
I enjoyed my experience. I loved the location of the campus, however there was a lot of traffic around the campus making it hard to get to. I loved how it was close enough to Universal City/Hollywood, downtown Los Angeles, and basically anything possible that you would like to do. The dorms did not have air conditioning which made the rooms very hot but I loved how they had the concept of the multicultural dorm. I thought that was very unique and a great idea for students. Overall I loved the campus and the food was very good and this college is a definite consideration for me to attend. My biggest setback is the cost.
Beautiful campus and closeness is unbeatable.
Not a huge part of campus life.
As a Division III school, sports are overshadowed.
More opportunities for science students.
Because the community is pretty tight nit there are opportunities for networking. Being in Los Angeles is also a big plus.
I love the campus, the weather, the small class sizes, the variety of classes and subjects, the welcoming community, the acceptance of all interests and people, and the engaging professors.
Campus Safety is constantly patrolling. Students have complained about their bullet proof vests and weapons, but they carry them because there are sometimes shootings off campus. When that happens everyone gets an email and text about what areas to avoid until the situation is over. I don't know of any students who have ever been harmed by the violence off campus. Campus Safety also will give rides to any student who calls and asks because they feel unsafe, or even are too drunk.
Depending on what dorm you're in, there can be a great social atmosphere. It happens that the dorms with the worst amenities (no AC, communal bathrooms, etc.) end up having the most social dorms, so it evens out.
Very small, and their parties aren't that fun.
Review Occidental College
I don't participate in athletics so I don't know that much about them. That's pretty standard I think for most non-athletic students, but the people I know who do varsity sports seem to really enjoy them.
I love the diversity of interests that the student body has and the willingness of professors to help students achieve their greatest potential.
Drug/alcohol usage is not non-existent, but students are generally very self-educated and know not to get themselves into hazardous situations. Much like in any other school or environment, there is peer pressure to use alcohol to be more sociable, but no one treats you any differently if you don't.